+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Passport

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup! You have to pick it up in person at a Passport office. Also, there is an additional $ 110.00 fee.

Here is the link:

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/service.aspx?lang=eng

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Serendipity said:
Yup! You have to pick it up in person at a Passport office. Also, there is an additional $ 110.00 fee.

Here is the link:

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/service.aspx?lang=eng
Oh Great! Thanks a lot!

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Guys, do you know if Urgent Passport can be done in 24hrs?
Want to say congrats 1st off. 2nd question - did you wait 48 hours before applying for passport? ie. if i get oath on monday, can i apply by Wednesday or need to wait till thursday? Thanks

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
bangloboy said:
Want to say congrats 1st off. 2nd question - did you wait 48 hours before applying for passport? ie. if i get oath on monday, can i apply by Wednesday or need to wait till thursday? Thanks
Thank you! I got my Oath on Thursday and at the ceremony we were told to wait two days before applying for a passport. Meaning I will apply on Tuesday! I will apply for urgent one.

You would need to apply on Thursday.

Two people told me in this forum that they know people who applied after one day. I am not sure how that was possible. I went to the passport office and they told me to come back after two days.

All the best.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Thank you! I got my Oath on Thursday and at the ceremony we were told to wait two days before applying for a passport. Meaning I will apply on Tuesday! I will apply for urgent one.

You would need to apply on Thursday.

Two people told me in this forum that they know people who applied after one day. I am not sure how that was possible. I went to the passport office and they told me to come back after two days.

All the best.
Unless you are in absolute need of doing it right away, and considering how inconsistent CIC can be with their very own official processing times , I would play it safe and wait for an extra day, meaning at least three working days after the Oath.

My two cents. :)

S.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nedaaa said:
I heard that from several friends that applying for passport soon after citizenship will make you citizenship case in the review again and you might get RQ even after your citizenship. the reason is that it makes them suspect that you apply for passport urgently to go out of country so you may even live there and your application might not be true and they have to review it again. So why you want pay extra money and may get them review your file again.
No - this isn't true. Someone is trying to scare you.

Once you have taken the citizenship oath - you are a Canadian citizen and are free to apply for a passport immediately.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:

Once you have taken the citizenship oath - you are a Canadian citizen and are free to apply for a passport immediately.

Agree with you 100 %.

S. :)

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
nedaaa said:
I heard that from several friends that applying for passport soon after citizenship will make you citizenship case in the review again and you might get RQ even after your citizenship. the reason is that it makes them suspect that you apply for passport urgently to go out of country so you may even live there and your application might not be true and they have to review it again. So why you want pay extra money and may get them review your file again.
That is not true at all. Besides, I live outside already and I made sure CIC was aware of my move while my application was in process. The main thing to be honest with CIC while you application is in process.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Serendipity said:
Unless you are in absolute need of doing it right away, and considering how inconsistent CIC can be with their very own official processing times , I would play it safe and wait for an extra day, meaning at least three working days after the Oath.

My two cents. :)

S.
Two days is perfect! I triple checked :) I am in absolute need to do it asap!

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely! I think if you show them a ticket that you must leave then they allow for quick process I believe

scylla said: