+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Consultation about Withdraw a Refugee Claim

skyline9888

Jul 5, 2023
Hi Everyone:
I applied for refugee protection in Canada a year ago ~ My hearing is still coming up. The situation that forced me to leave my country has completely changed, thus I decided to withdraw my refugee claim. I have some questions and, I would appreciate clear answers from someone who is knowledgeable about this situation.

1) Can I download the withdrawal form and submit it through email to the RPD or do I have to go to their office?

2) How long does it take to accept my withdrawal form?

3) Should I wait for the deportation notice? Is there any hearing?

4) Is it easy to get my passport back? If I could book a ticket very soon to leave Canada would I be able to get my passport with no issues at the airport?

5) My flight would not direct to my home country? It has usually 2 to 3 stops, how am I going to get my passport? first stop or at the last destination?

I really appreciate your kind response in advance. And all the best.
How long did it take you to get the confirmation letter from the time you submitted the cancellation application form?

skyline9888

Jul 5, 2023
About 12 days. Inbox me for more information.
1. Is your cancellation application sent by post or by fax? 2. Did you follow up from the time you submitted the cancellation to the time you got the confirmation letter? 3. Do I have to fill in the uci number? thank you

ma777

May 15, 2023
If your file has not referred to the RPD yet (this was my case).. All you have to do is to call the CBSA and ask them to withdraw your refugee request.. Then follow up with them - they will ask you to come to the office to sign papers.. After that you have to follow up with CBSA removal department to let them know that you want to leave the country "voluntarily", to arrange for getting your passport back.

In case your file has already submitted to RPD, you need to go to IRP office to sign a withdrawal application - it takes about a week to get the confirmation. Then follow up with CBSA.

Ojigbani

Nov 9, 2023
Please I’m having an issue here I withdraw my claim and it has been withdrawn I got the notification and I also with to the CSBA office to do that which I booked my flight to return back home on 13th but they are saying I should wait for a removal order

Ojigbani

Nov 9, 2023
Please I withdraw my claim and I got the acknowledgment and I also booked my flight only for them to tell me to wait for removal order and my flight is on 13th what do I do please I need help

Shbsbd

Feb 9, 2024
Please I withdraw my claim and I got the acknowledgment and I also booked my flight only for them to tell me to wait for removal order and my flight is on 13th what do I do please I need help
Hello, did you succed please and how?

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Please help me with information, I am a proteted person and PR application processing. but now i want to return back to my country. My passport already expired and with ircc office. please advise me the process for withdrawal protected person status and return to my country. As soon as possible

Tayy123

Feb 8, 2024
I am in the same situation, we are in Canada as refugee status we have a situation in the family which is urgent and my brown papers have not arrived as my file is not submitted full yet to ircc. How do I proceed to get my passport back and head home?

Navedkhan

Feb 16, 2024
Hi, can anyone share his personal experience of withdrawal for some one who got has brown paper but not yet received their hearing. I am in the same situation and looking for withdrawal. Please share the steps and average time of completion.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, can anyone share his personal experience of withdrawal for some one who got has brown paper but not yet received their hearing. I am in the same situation and looking for withdrawal. Please share the steps and average time of completion.
Why are you withdrawing your claim and what your plans are after withdrawal will impact the answer. Are you trying to leave Canada?

faNNta

Mar 12, 2024
My wife has received a confirmation letter of withdrawing her refugee claim. She didnt have her hearing yet. She called CBSA and they told her she has to wait for the removal order and they will arrange the flight etc. Isnt she possible to arrange the flight herself (and obv pay for it herself)? Because she wont have a place to stay in April because there are new tenants already in the apartment in the beginning of april and she wants to leave the country before the 1st of April

Navedkhan

Feb 16, 2024
I have gone through this hectic process already, will share my personal experience. After receiving of withdrawal request on the same day if possible go to the nearest cbsa office they will start working on your file immediately and they will ask you about ticket tell them you will book yourself and explain them your emergency they are really helpful and nice people more than you imagine they cleared me in 2 business days i booked my ticket send them confirmation and they confirm me to collect my documents on flight day 4 hrs before departure (this depends on several factors and varies from case to case) you discuss with them and they will hear you nicely and guide

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife has received a confirmation letter of withdrawing her refugee claim. She didnt have her hearing yet. She called CBSA and they told her she has to wait for the removal order and they will arrange the flight etc. Isnt she possible to arrange the flight herself (and obv pay for it herself)? Because she wont have a place to stay in April because there are new tenants already in the apartment in the beginning of april and she wants to leave the country before the 1st of April
It is actually best for you to organize and pay for your own flight to leave Canada. You will need to work with your local CBSA office to get your passport back which will typically happen at the airport when you are boarding your flight.