+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV visa

Smitpatel

Nov 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am on my work permit and already applied for TRV from Canada in first week of February and still waiting for Passport request . Due to family emergency i needed to travel to india and now planning to come back canada. My student visa is still valid so Can i travel back to canada on my valid student visa even if my current status is work permit holder and while waiting for TRV?How to get the passport request ASAP. I heard they are not giving TRV now whats the other way?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have a work permit (PGWP), then your student visa is no longer valid even if the date says so. It is invalid 90 days after graduate or when you get PGWP. You can’t hold both.

Smitpatel

Nov 26, 2020
If you have a work permit (PGWP), then your student visa is no longer valid even if the date says so. It is invalid 90 days after graduate or when you get PGWP. You can’t hold both.
Whats the way now to get TRV asap? Its been 4 months but nothing came up now.what should i do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Whats the way now to get TRV asap? Its been 4 months but nothing came up now.what should i do
Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait for the TRV to be approved.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to clarify what I meant, there is nothing stopping you from leaving Canada now.

Once the TRV is approved, you can ask for the visa to be stamped in India.

The risk with this approach is that you don't know how long this will take once you are in India.

Smitpatel

Nov 26, 2020
Just to clarify what I meant, there is nothing stopping you from leaving Canada now.

Once the TRV is approved, you can ask for the visa to be stamped in India.

The risk with this approach is that you don't know how long this will take once you are in India.
Any other way to get it done ASAP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

akattijnr

Aug 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am on my work permit and already applied for TRV from Canada in first week of February and still waiting for Passport request . Due to family emergency i needed to travel to india and now planning to come back canada. My student visa is still valid so Can i travel back to canada on my valid student visa even if my current status is work permit holder and while waiting for TRV?How to get the passport request ASAP. I heard they are not giving TRV now whats the other way?
Of course, you have a TRV and that is the most important thing. Being a student TRV or a work TRV, you should be good to re-enter into the country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Of course, you have a TRV and that is the most important thing. Being a student TRV or a work TRV, you should be good to re-enter into the country.
What? The poster’s TRV is tied to the study permit. If the study permit is no longer valid so too is the TRV. The poster left the country but already applied for the TRV in February. The person needs to wait for the passport request and there is no expedited processes.

akattijnr

Aug 26, 2018
I got this for you from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1309&top=15

I’m waiting for my post-graduation work permit. Can I travel outside Canada and come back with my student visa?
You can leave Canada and return, as long as your visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is still valid. Your permit (study or work) is not a visa and doesn't allow you to travel back to Canada.
If your visa or eTA is expired, you have to get a new one before you return to Canada.

The emphasis is "You can leave Canada and return, as long as your visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is still valid." A visa is a visa and it is given based on your type of application you applied at the time. Regardless!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got this for you from https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1309&top=15

I’m waiting for my post-graduation work permit. Can I travel outside Canada and come back with my student visa?
You can leave Canada and return, as long as your visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is still valid. Your permit (study or work) is not a visa and doesn't allow you to travel back to Canada.
If your visa or eTA is expired, you have to get a new one before you return to Canada.

The emphasis is "You can leave Canada and return, as long as your visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is still valid." A visa is a visa and it is given based on your type of application you applied at the time. Regardless!
Poster states that he has the work permit, not waiting for one. His SP with TRV is no longer valid.

Zainabbalogun

May 16, 2020
Poster states that he has the work permit, not waiting for one. His SP with TRV is no longer valid.
You’re literally giving out wrong information . You can travel out regardless of having or study or work visa . It just has to be valid . I travelled into Canada with a student visa but had a pgwp.

Zainabbalogun

May 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

You’re allowed to travel back in . Nothing to worry about . I did this