+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

karimattia

Nov 7, 2018
Hey,
I have no updates yet.
I read in one of your posts that you are considering withdrawing and applying again? I applied August 10 and got an update on october 30. I would just suggest wait. what if you end up waiting the same time if you withdraw and apply again?
Hello, I'm in a similar situation too.
What update you got on Oct 30?

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Hi guys! I got my extended study permit on SEP 24th and on the same day I applied my TRV and still no response from CIC. No request of passport it's been one month and maybe 16 days

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hi guys! I got my extended study permit on SEP 24th and on the same day I applied my TRV and still no response from CIC. No request of passport it's been one month and maybe 16 days
They are many like you here. What is your eligibility status? Not started or in progress?

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hello Ahmad,

I'm in similar situation and I applied around the same time. CIC told me the same thing. Please let us know if you get any update. I'll do the same. :)

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hey everyone,
Any update?

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018
I just joined this boat :(

Submitted app on Oct 26. Haven't heard back anything yet. Called CIC once and enquired using the Web form twice and they all say your application is still within normal processing times even though CIC website says it's 5 days?

I don't get it. I'm so damn stressed. I have a flight booked for the 30th of November.

I also applied for a visa outside Canada using the Pakistan visa office (where I'll be going).

Now I'm contemplating whether I should take this risk and just go to Pakistan to get my visa from there.

But I'm dying thinking what if Pakistani visa office delays it like this too? I have work to get back to here.

This is ridiculous. Immigrant life sucks :'(

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I just joined this boat :(

Submitted app on Oct 26. Haven't heard back anything yet. Called CIC once and enquired using the Web form twice and they all say your application is still within normal processing times even though CIC website says it's 5 days?

I don't get it. I'm so damn stressed. I have a flight booked for the 30th of November.

I also applied for a visa outside Canada using the Pakistan visa office (where I'll be going).

Now I'm contemplating whether I should take this risk and just go to Pakistan to get my visa from there.

But I'm dying thinking what if Pakistani visa office delays it like this too? I have work to get back to here.

This is ridiculous. Immigrant life sucks :'(
Hey,

I read your post and i thought of the exact same thing. Going back home and applying from back home because there is no good reason to wait for a visa here. I applied on August 10 ( inside Canada) and so far they just asked me for my medicals.
I got the whole town worried about me getting my visa.

Its weird how they said that you are within the normal time frame. Did they say a reason as to why its taking longer? I feel you. i wish you good luck on waiting. I hope you get your visa approved well before November 30 cuz you need time for them to mail your passport back.

Oh and one more thing, when they asked for my medicals i submitted them on November 2 and just because i couldn't wait any longer- i called the CIC on November 14 to know how much more long it might take after the medicals- the CIC agent told me that they did not even receive my medicals yet and that it might take about 3 months for them to receive any documents i upload. Jokes on me.

There is no standard way for any thing. CIC agents give a time frame of about 3 months for any thing i ask them.
Frustrated.