+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hello Guys,
Sorry i haven't been posting for a while now.
I am still waiting fir my visa, I got an update asking for my medicals which i submitted yesterday- But that's all about it
i will post here if i get any updates.

What mistake did you find on your TRV?
I am sorry but do you mind if i ask you when you applied for your visa?
Hey Sneha, Did you apply from Canada? And are you studying or working? Normally they dont ask for medicals if you apply from Canada right?

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hey Mo.. it only says we are reviewing weather you are meeting the elligibilty requirements.. that's all, and today I received this automatic email that says there is no updates, so I have been officially waiting for 2 months now
Hey Ahhabb buddy,
Did you get any update on your application?

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hey Sneha, Did you apply from Canada? And are you studying or working? Normally they dont ask for medicals if you apply from Canada right?
Hey Mo,
I applied from Canada after finishing my studies and getting a work permit
Yes, they don’t normally ask you for your medicals if you apply within Canada
In my case, I did not go anywhere in the past 2 years except the US.

Any which ways-they still asked and I gave them a brief history of my medicals (got it from the family doctor in the clinic that I usually go to)

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hey Mo,
I applied from Canada after finishing my studies and getting a work permit
Yes, they don’t normally ask you for your medicals if you apply within Canada
In my case, I did not go anywhere in the past 2 years except the US.

Any which ways-they still asked and I gave them a brief history of my medicals (got it from the family doctor in the clinic that I usually go to)
Thank you Sneha for getting back to me. My situation is very similar.
I just got my work permit a few months ago.
Please let us know if you get any update. I hope you get your visa very soon. :)

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hey guys,
I have a valid work permit n US visa. As travelling to US donot need a visa and a permit is enough, can't I go through other countries via USA. I mean go to any country, take a flight back to USA n then come back to Canada. Is that possible?

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hey guys,
I have a valid work permit n US visa. As travelling to US donot need a visa and a permit is enough, can't I go through other countries via USA. I mean go to any country, take a flight back to USA n then come back to Canada. Is that possible?
Hey Ghufran,

I am in similar situation and I looked into this. I do not think you can do that. That would apply if you are only visiting the US. See this (Taken from CIC website):
Expired Temporary Resident Visa

• You can ask to come back to Canada on your original temporary resident visa, even if it is expired, if:
    • you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon, and
    • you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.
An officer will make sure you meet all the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada. If you visit any country other than those listed above, you will need a new temporary resident visa.

KateBkate

Jun 30, 2018
Applied with my husband from Canada on October 6th.
Both TRVs approved on November 2nd.

So happy! By the way, does anybody know if I can personally bring my passports?
I’m gonna go to Ottawa this week and wondering if it’s possible not to mail but just to bring.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hey Ghufran,

I am in similar situation and I looked into this. I do not think you can do that. That would apply if you are only visiting the US. See this (Taken from CIC website):
Expired Temporary Resident Visa

• You can ask to come back to Canada on your original temporary resident visa, even if it is expired, if:
    • you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon, and
    • you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.
An officer will make sure you meet all the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada. If you visit any country other than those listed above, you will need a new temporary resident visa.
Ya I think you are right, the key thing is ONLY Usa.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Applied with my husband from Canada on October 6th.
Both TRVs approved on November 2nd.

So happy! By the way, does anybody know if I can personally bring my passports?
I’m gonna go to Ottawa this week and wondering if it’s possible not to mail but just to bring.
I don't know about it, I may have to do it as well. Tell us when you know something about it.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
But the instructions says that we have to fill in the dates of from when we started residing in Canada. I'm too confused! :(
Hmm.. that made me confuse as well and that's why I asked. But I don't think that matters much. So don't get tensed.

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I'm thinking of withdrawing my file and re-submit it. Maybe this time it shows any zink. I'm already hopeless so withdrawing seems the best bet.

bubagump

Nov 5, 2018
Hello all

I got my closed work permit extended and spouse has open work permit.
Now we need to stamp TRV on both of our passports. We are both working in Canada currently.

Should I make two separate TRV applications online for both of us ?

Me: Closed work permit
Spouse: Open work permit.

When I select online option, its showing a field for medical checks as mandatory document. Since we are in Canada for the past two years and have never traveled outside, should we do medical checks too ?

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Any update, Guys!!
Hey,
I have no updates yet.
I read in one of your posts that you are considering withdrawing and applying again? I applied August 10 and got an update on october 30. I would just suggest wait. what if you end up waiting the same time if you withdraw and apply again?