+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Ana123456

Oct 12, 2018
Hey fam!
I am posting a final timeline for people who are still in doubt about the passport/visa processing time. Hopefully it clear your doubts.

16 sep- I filled in wrong application for TRV, IMM 5707. (DO NOT FILL THIS FORM)

17 sep- I received an email saying my application has been submitted.

12 oct- I dont see any update so I researched an little about the correct form I was supposed to fill. All THANKS to the wonderful people on this thread who told me I submitted the wrong application

13 oct- I withdrew IMM 5707 and submitted IMM 5257

14 oct- My application was sucessfull.

16 oct- My visa got approved.

17 oct- I sent my passport from Toronto to Ottawa in express post. It literally took 1 business day to reach.

18 oct- Tracking showed my passport reached office and was collected.

26 oct- Return tracking was activated

29 oct- Passport reached my house in Toronto

I hope all of you get your visas as soon as possible. I know it is a very frustrating time but all you can do is be positive. If you think that you have filled in a wrong application, I suggest filling in a new one as soon ad possible.

Once again thank you for all the help!
Congratulations @Mrd3m0n !!!

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Hey Linhly did you get your passport? How long does it take to reach passport home after activation of tracking number
I stil haven’t got it yet. But I see it’s already get to Richmond, BC... so hopefully I will get it in the next 1-2 days. Pray that Canada Post will stop their strike :(

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi @Snehav
Hey fam!
I am posting a final timeline for people who are still in doubt about the passport/visa processing time. Hopefully it clear your doubts.

16 sep- I filled in wrong application for TRV, IMM 5707. (DO NOT FILL THIS FORM)

17 sep- I received an email saying my application has been submitted.

12 oct- I dont see any update so I researched an little about the correct form I was supposed to fill. All THANKS to the wonderful people on this thread who told me I submitted the wrong application

13 oct- I withdrew IMM 5707 and submitted IMM 5257

14 oct- My application was sucessfull.

16 oct- My visa got approved.

17 oct- I sent my passport from Toronto to Ottawa in express post. It literally took 1 business day to reach.

18 oct- Tracking showed my passport reached office and was collected.

26 oct- Return tracking was activated

29 oct- Passport reached my house in Toronto

I hope all of you get your visas as soon as possible. I know it is a very frustrating time but all you can do is be positive. If you think that you have filled in a wrong application, I suggest filling in a new one as soon ad possible.

Once again thank you for all the help!
Hi,

This is little urgent. I found out some mistakes in the form submitted so I want to check if I can withdraw my application or if I can edit it.
Can you please let me know the complete process of withdrawing?

It will be very helpful.

Pravallika Ravuri

Oct 28, 2018
Hello.!
This is Pravallika from hyderabad.!
Actually i would like to know about a small issue. !
My fiance has completed his post graduation in canada and got work permit too.!
Later he applied for TRV in the month of july 2018.! And yet he dint get his TRV.!
The thing is we have our wedding in december so can he travel india ?
Cancel the TRV and again apply in india.?
Please suggest us what to do.!
He has booked his tickt to india on nov4.!
So can he cancel it and apply again in india.? Or does he need to stay and wait for TRV in canada only. !
Please do the needful.! Hoping for a reply soon!
Thankyouu!

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hello.!
Later he applied for TRV in the month of july 2018.! And yet he dint get his TRV.!
So can he cancel it and apply again in india.? Or does he need to stay and wait for TRV in canada only. !
Thankyouu!
I am on the same boat. I have applied in mid October n has to travel in late December for my

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Any update from the people who were still waiting? I applied on October 17 n still waiting for my eligibility to start. As stated I have my own marriage in December end.
Seems like I am going towards that longer path.
Any way I can avoid it

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Any update from the people who were still waiting? I applied on October 17 n still waiting for my eligibility to start. As stated I have my own marriage in December end.
Seems like I am going towards that longer path.
Any way I can avoid it

CAn you please confirm what have you entered in Q number 7 of IMM 5257 form and 2c question of background information.?

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
CAn you please confirm what have you entered in Q number 7 of IMM 5257 form and 2c question of background information.?
For q7 I gave country as Canada n ststus as worker
For 2c of background I said yes n provided the detail that I applied for vis n PGWP before but NEVER got rejected.

Why did you ask?

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
For q7 I gave country as Canada n ststus as worker
For 2c of background I said yes n provided the detail that I applied for vis n PGWP before but NEVER got rejected.

Why did you ask?
What about (From To) dates in question 7. I'm asking because I entered the dates of my work permit there :(

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
What about (From To) dates in question 7. I'm asking because I entered the dates of my work permit there :(
I filled the same. I actually ask cic call center agent about it, he told me to fill the time period of my current work permit.

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi Sneha,

I found some mistakes in my application form submitted which is why it took longer than usual. I would recommend you to check your form again.
Hello Guys,
Sorry i haven't been posting for a while now.
I am still waiting fir my visa, I got an update asking for my medicals which i submitted yesterday- But that's all about it
i will post here if i get any updates.

What mistake did you find on your TRV?
I am sorry but do you mind if i ask you when you applied for your visa?

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello.!
Thankyouu!
Hey Pallivika,
Your Fiance applied for his TRV inside Canada in July? he didn't get his visa yet? that is strange. I am sorry i know what position you guys must be in
Usually people wait till they get their visa and then leave Canada- that's practically good thing to do.

If your fiance applied in July - he should call the CIC agent and ask what is up with his application.