+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Jaskaran25

Mar 31, 2023
Anyone has any idea on when passport return might happen if my passport was received on 3rd April in Ottawa? Taking into consideration the holiday on Good Friday and Easter Monday. I have a flight on 21st
My counterfoil just got updated. Did not receive any e-mail just did a random
Check

menzhel

Mar 10, 2019
Same here! Just did a random check ..waiting for tracking to be updated
Let me know when tracking is activated for you

Check
[/QUOTE]
let me know when tracking is activated for you please
Check
let me know when tracking is activated for you please

LartLM

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
hi just received counterfoil but how long does it take to receive the passport? I thought tracking is normally activatd on the same day or a day after? Can someone provide a recent timeline please

T-Thu

Jul 28, 2022
passport received by IRCC on 27 march
counterfoil activate 4th April
yesterday 5 pm tracking activate
I received my passport today morning. The funny part is tracking shows it is still in transit:D.

Last edited:

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
passport received by IRCC on 27 march
counterfoil activate 4th April
yesterday 5 pm tracking activate
I received my passport today morning. The funny part is tracking shows it is still in transit:D.
Hi T-Thu,

I would like to ask what does the counterfoil update look like?

I'm using the old GCkey portal and today, there appears to be a new section where my counterfoil information is shown with the codes, issue date, expiry date, etc. But I do not see see "counterfoil" above the "Original Passport Request, Correspondence" section.

Does this mean counterfoil is updated for me?

Thank you

Jaskaran25

Mar 31, 2023
Hi T-Thu,

I would like to ask what does the counterfoil update look like?

I'm using the old GCkey portal and today, there appears to be a new section where my counterfoil information is shown with the codes, issue date, expiry date, etc. But I do not see see "counterfoil" above the "Original Passport Request, Correspondence" section.

Does this mean counterfoil is updated for me?

Thank you
You do not get a letter for the Counterfoil update. It will show under the sub-heading "Document" of "Document Status"

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
Thank you Jaskaran!

Here is my timeline:
Submission March 13
Correspondence: March 22
PPR: March 31
PP received by CPC: April 4
Counterfoil: April 13
Tracking not activated yet.

Note that my new Visa number is the same as the one shown on the Application Status Tracker portal 1 week before I got PPR. So this means that you can find out if you got approved on the Application Status Tracker before you get the official email.

Jaskaran25

Mar 31, 2023
Thank you Jaskaran!

Here is my timeline:
Submission March 13
Correspondence: March 22
PPR: March 31
PP received by CPC: April 4
Counterfoil: April 13
Tracking not activated yet.

Note that my new Visa number is the same as the one shown on the Application Status Tracker portal 1 week before I got PPR. So this means that you can find out if you got approved on the Application Status Tracker before you get the official email.
Yeah, I also saw that. My counterfoil got updated on Tuesday, 11th April. Still waiting for the tracker to get activated.