+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raisins said:
Congrats!! I got mine for ceremony taking place on 24th. Have seen you worrying about test and ceremony invitations for months just like me :D Our timelines and office locations are so similar.
Finally it's our turn ;D

Congratulations!! Time to practice Oh Canada! ;D ;D ;D

karianna

Jun 12, 2015
stargazerlilly said:
Congratulations!! Time to practice Oh Canada! ;D ;D ;D
Thanks stargazerlilly!

Raisins, i remember you as well - you got the test invite in March and I hoped i would do too but then I had to wait till May! Anyway, good that the journey is coming to the end! Good luck with the ceremony!

raisins

Jan 23, 2016
Yeah, the long wait finally ends...good luck to you too, karianna!
karianna said:
Thanks stargazerlilly!

Raisins, i remember you as well - you got the test invite in March and I hoped i would do too but then I had to wait till May! Anyway, good that the journey is coming to the end! Good luck with the ceremony!

Michael1423

May 12, 2015
I have decision made since I check last week
What if there is a Canada post labour disruption coming in 2nd July.
I check on CIC that there are oaths in Niagara Falls on July 1 and 16
Will they email me?

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michael1423 said:
I have decision made since I check last week
What if there is a Canada post labour disruption coming in 2nd July.
I check on CIC that there are oaths in Niagara Falls on July 1 and 16
Will they email me?
If you get an oath invite via Ecas and you haven't gotten your actual letter in week. Call CIC. You don't need your actual letter. If your name is on the list,the CIC officer will email you the particulars and what you need to bring on your oath date.
How do I know these? Coz I,for one didn't get my actual oath letter. Still,I became Canadian last March. ;D ;D ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Good news to share !!!

After 8 months long wait, last week I had Citizenship test and Oath Ceremony on the same day at St.Clair, ON.

It was my second application, as the first one after 4 years having gone to CJ, I had to withdraw it due to few days shortage in required days. I was compelled to withdraw and re-apply 8 months back.

I understand the pain of candidates who are made to wait on one or other pretext, stay positive it will come.

Ahh....it was long, painful and clueless journey in the dark alleys of CIC bureaucratic wildernesses.

Eventually I got my Citizenship last week, been reader on this forum since 2012. Its very informative, readers helpful, share their experiences on various related issues, pace of progress, trends and time lines for various offices.

Once again, thanks for everyone on this forum.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Good news to share !!!

After 8 months long wait, last week I had Citizenship test and Oath Ceremony on the same day at St.Clair, ON.

It was my second application, as the first one after 4 years having gone to CJ, I had to withdraw it due to few days shortage in required days. I was compelled to withdraw and re-apply 8 months back.

I understand the pain of candidates who are made to wait on one or other pretext, stay positive it will come.

Ahh....it was long, painful and clueless journey in the dark alleys of CIC bureaucratic wildernesses.

Eventually I got my Citizenship last week, been reader on this forum since 2012. Its very informative, readers helpful, share their experiences on various related issues, pace of progress, trends and time lines for various offices.

Congratulations

My case also same after citizenship test in 2011 got RQ replied but no answer so I withdraw my application voluntarily in 2013 because those days most of files with CJ turn to negative results to be honest my case was not strong also.

Last week i apply again with physical presence of 1482 days but don't know what CIC will do they might go to my previous file and try to drag me for years again.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Good news to share !!!

Awesome news!! Congratulations!!

Michael1423

May 12, 2015
Hey everyone
got my citizenship oath ceremony coming up in 2 weeks.
it says i have to bring documents - record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence.
i don't have these documents.
I have my PR Card, thought thats all you needed..
what will happen if I dont have these documents with me?
who has had oath ceremony experience?

karianna

Jun 12, 2015
Michael1423 said:
Hey everyone
got my citizenship oath ceremony coming up in 2 weeks.
it says i have to bring documents - record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence.
i don't have these documents.
I have my PR Card, thought thats all you needed..
what will happen if I dont have these documents with me?
who has had oath ceremony experience?
I had my oath yesterday and they only asked me for the PR Card and the signed media consent form (that came with the oath invite).
Though some folks were asked for their Record of Landing / CoPR that was then stamped and given back - i think it depends on the different versions of the CoPR that were given in the past when you became a PR.

Did you lose your Record of Landing/CoPR ? - that is one document that you need to keep safe as I understand its required for CPP and other stuff when you retire. Would suggest calling CIC on the number they provided you on the oath letter to confirm ahead of time? Its too late to request a duplicate CoPR/Record of Landing but even after the oath, would suggest exploring options to get a duplicate copy of the CoPR for the future.

icecanada

Feb 10, 2016
Icebergmoma said:
I pass the test today and got a 20/20 ! Test was super easy and I finished after 2 minutes.

Interview went very well but I found during the time I was preparing for the interview that I made a mistake in my residency calculator. I said it to the interviewer (because I'm to honest to hide it) and she was sad to tell me that she had to emmit a full blow RQ on me.
The error made me go from 1095 physical to 1090.

Before judging me on my mistake and telling me that I should have waited more time, I applied on june 9th and by the time I applied I was trully convinced that I had all the mandatory days. If I was able to wait more time I would have wait.

Now I just need to assemble all my documents and ship it as soon as possible.

Will see!

Good luck to everyone getting the test soon :)
Have you got your citizenship ?