+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
kam2009 said:
CONGRATS!!!!!

I saw your post and decided to check my eCAS and mine was updated too. My Oath ceremony is on FEB 20th. I'm so excited, I didn't know I would be this excited lol. :D :D :D
Congratulations on becoming Canadian citizen. Your long quest has come to an end.

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
canrami said:
Hello everyone,

I submitted for citizenship on June 9 from Mississauga, however no update on the app. status since it went on process on September 11. Any clue?
Most of the Mississauga files have been transferred to Scarborough office. Dont worry it is just round the corner. Be hopeful. Your test date is almost near.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Ojeola said:
Oh, your passport application is fast. When did you apply for it? I havent receive mine yet although he send out date n it is on the 15th
Did you apply for regular processing?

Mine was pretty fast, I submitted the application on Feb 3rd (express pick-up) and it was ready the next day, but I only picked it up on Feb. 5th.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MiriamT said:
Did you apply for regular processing?

Mine was pretty fast, I submitted the application on Feb 3rd (express pick-up) and it was ready the next day, but I only picked it up on Feb. 5th.
Yeah, I applied for regular processing since I didnt have any upcoming trip.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DenverCO said:
Friends, have a quick question ....

My wife had received her test invite. We applied for our kids too along with her. They are < 14 years old at the time of application. Should they accompany her to present their identification (passports etc) during the interview? I understand they don't have to take the exam.

Please advice. Thank you in advance.
In my experience,you do not need to bring your under 18 yr old kids with you on the test date.They don't necessary need to be there but if you feel at ease having them with you,then by all means do so. They don't take the test if they're under 18 years old.
During my test,I just brought with me my son's original IDs,just in case they'll ask but nope,they didn't. At the interview,I saw my son's file (documents etc) stapled with mine. So I have confidence that we're being processed at the same time.
I also asked them if I need to bring him at the oath ceremony (once they told me I passed and expect oath invitation in 2-3 months). They said I have to,he has to be at the citizenship ceremony to take the oath as well as accept his certificate,otherwise he won't be becoming a canadian if he's not there.

Best of luck on your test! Read the study guide well.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Ojeola said:
Oh, your passport application is fast. When did you apply for it? I havent receive mine yet although he send out date n it is on the 15th
We submitted the applications on Jan 28 th and received them on Feb 8. Yes it was fast although my friends said it would be 10 days :)

kharposhti

May 26, 2015
I am an applicant from Toronto. No news yet .... Is it normal? Anybody has the same situation? Here is the information on ecas:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 9, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 11, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 25, 2015.

Thanks.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kharposhti said:
I am an applicant from Toronto. No news yet .... Is it normal? Anybody has the same situation? Here is the information on ecas:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 9, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 11, 2015.

Thanks.
Judging by the processing pace its about time you can expect your test invitation this month.

sheydogo

Jan 7, 2016
kharposhti said:

Thanks.

[I'm in toronto too with a similar timeline. still waiting for an answer. The story is toronto is notoriously slow at processing applications]

yycgirl

Aug 24, 2015
Finally got an update! My husband and I will be taking our oath on February 29th. Invitation was sent February 4th but we haven't received the mail invitation yet, just checked online. Hopefully we receive it sometime this week. SO happy!

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You CanadianDesi & StarGazerLilly for your response.

I did call the CIC after positing in the forum. They clarified, the kids need to be there ONLY IF the test invite letter says so. Letter sent to my wife does not have any reference to kids attendance or their documents.

I will ask my wife to carry the documents for my kids too, in case the office wants to take a look at them!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
DenverCO said:
Thank You CanadianDesi & StarGazerLilly for your response.

I did call the CIC after positing in the forum. They clarified, the kids need to be there ONLY IF the test invite letter says so. Letter sent to my wife does not have any reference to kids attendance or their documents.

I will ask my wife to carry the documents for my kids too, in case the office wants to take a look at them!
Congrats !!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
yycgirl said:
Finally got an update! My husband and I will be taking our oath on February 29th. Invitation was sent February 4th but we haven't received the mail invitation yet, just checked online. Hopefully we receive it sometime this week. SO happy!

Congrats !!!

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
kharposhti said:

Thanks.
Order ATIP, that will give you a more in-depth knowledge of the status of your application.