+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
next2015 said:
From what I've gathered, it is random. I've seen posts where in a family of say 4, one or 2 get their card and the rest are asked to submit new photos; yet all the photos submitted, originally, were taken on the same day by the same photographer.

Also, if it was an issue of new specifications, I believe you'd see a much higher number of complaints on this forum, particularly from members who obtained their COPRs before Jan 1 2016 - when the new specs were published.
Thanks next2015,

So is there any action to be taken to avoid / decrease loss time, or only wait for an email to resubmit the photos ?

Some people said they didn't receive the email, they just knew by phoning CIC when the process exceeded the normal time.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
mdotk said:
Thanks next2015,

So is there any action to be taken to avoid / decrease loss time, or only wait for an email to resubmit the photos ?

Some people said they didn't receive the email, they just knew by phoning CIC when the process exceeded the normal time.
You may have to wait until you get the email and(or) letter by post - most people have received both. From my knowledge, the people that got that information through the CIC call center, usually, have waited past the processing time, or have a few days closer to the end of the processing time . At that point the call-centre agents are able to verify the status of your card, and advise you accordingly. So if one has just landed, the only option is to wait.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear Seniors,

I applied for Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled Workers class. Got my visa stamped. I will be doing my First/Initial Landing shortly. However, I have the following queries:

1) I will carry ...

- My COPR ( I received two COPR forms one with my photo [the one I send along with the PPR request in 50 mm x 70 mm dimensions] attached and the other COPR without photo ) ,

- A passport with a valid immigrant visa ,
- A form for Goods that I will be carrying.

Having said that ...

Do I need to carry any EXTRA PHOTOS with me to be presented at the Point of Entry for my NEW PR card purpose ? Because I heard from so many ppl saying that the CIC requests for a photo for the PR card at the later stage which further delays the PR processing ... Please let me know if I need to take any extra photos or any other documents than the ones that I mentioned ... ( However, I will carry my birth certificates, educational documents. )

2) Do I need to fill any form for the PR card ? Because they don't know about my Canadian address , so where and how will they deliver the card ?

3) I was reading somewhere that on the first landing , the immigration officers take some sort of an interview and ask some questions also ? If so, then what kind of questions do they ask ? Like is it related to the documents we submitted to the CIC when applied for the PR ? for e.g. about employment details, or adaptability etc ? ?

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
tenkrun10 said:
Yes Deccan, I resubmitted my Photos March 15th. CIC received the new photos on March 16th or 17th. I landed Jan 12th. Still waiting for PR. Now here's the news - I called CIC and my card was mailed TODAY. I should receive it within two weeks. I'll keep you posted.

The lady on the phone was nice. She said it is taking about 10 weeks from when you resubmit your photos
My PR Card finally arrived on Monday May 30th. Thanks

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
maplezone said:
Dear Seniors,

I applied for Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled Workers class. Got my visa stamped. I will be doing my First/Initial Landing shortly. However, I have the following queries:

1) I will carry ...

- My COPR ( I received two COPR forms one with my photo [the one I send along with the PPR request in 50 mm x 70 mm dimensions] attached and the other COPR without photo ) ,

- A passport with a valid immigrant visa ,
- A form for Goods that I will be carrying.

Having said that ...

Do I need to carry any EXTRA PHOTOS with me to be presented at the Point of Entry for my NEW PR card purpose ? Because I heard from so many ppl saying that the CIC requests for a photo for the PR card at the later stage which further delays the PR processing ... Please let me know if I need to take any extra photos or any other documents than the ones that I mentioned ... ( However, I will carry my birth certificates, educational documents. )

2) Do I need to fill any form for the PR card ? Because they don't know about my Canadian address , so where and how will they deliver the card ?

3) I was reading somewhere that on the first landing , the immigration officers take some sort of an interview and ask some questions also ? If so, then what kind of questions do they ask ? Like is it related to the documents we submitted to the CIC when applied for the PR ? for e.g. about employment details, or adaptability etc ? ?
1. You do not need to carry extra photos. The photo used to process your PR card is on one of your COPR docs - that copy stays with the IO. Yes, some landed immigrants have been asked to retake photos, but its a result of failure to meet the photo specs - the photo specs are more than just the paper size (50mm x 70mm or the older/smaller size); your image must be in the right position with the right size, on the paper. A lot of people whose photos were taken with the old specs are retaking photos with the new specs, and that is fine, but it does not guarantee that one will not be asked to retake the photos because they have a 50mm x 70mm size photo.

2. No, you will not fill any form for the card. You will only be asked to provide a Canadian address to which the card will be mailed. Make sure you have access to that address for the period of card processing, currently 58 days.
3. The interview is really a review of your COPR. The IO asks you the questions on the COPR and fills in the answers you give, then he/she will ask you to sign it. You may be asked to show your proof of funds too. Its nothing to worry about.

All the best

HRGUY

Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any update from people landed in early April?

I called in couple days back, and was told that my card is still in process and there is no other significant movement so far. I need to call back in the mid-june.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

sraj07

May 26, 2015
next2015 said:
1. You do not need to carry extra photos. The photo used to process your PR card is on one of your COPR docs - that copy stays with the IO. Yes, some landed immigrants have been asked to retake photos, but its a result of failure to meet the photo specs - the photo specs are more than just the paper size (50mm x 70mm or the older/smaller size); your image must be in the right position with the right size, on the paper. A lot of people whose photos were taken with the old specs are retaking photos with the new specs, and that is fine, but it does not guarantee that one will not be asked to retake the photos because they have a 50mm x 70mm size photo.

2. No, you will not fill any form for the card. You will only be asked to provide a Canadian address to which the card will be mailed. Make sure you have access to that address for the period of card processing, currently 58 days.
3. The interview is really a review of your COPR. The IO asks you the questions on the COPR and fills in the answers you give, then he/she will ask you to sign it. You may be asked to show your proof of funds too. Its nothing to worry about.

All the best

Hi guys , please help me with my doubt
i did submit the photo as 50 by 70 to consulate , but in my copr copy they cropped it to smaller size and pasted it .
do IO in airport consider this photo for PR card? i mean they take the photo from copr paper and keep it with them ?,, or they have the soft copy in their system which is used for printing PR card? .

i did submit my photo to embassy with 50 by 70 mm . in the copr paper they cropped into small pic saying that is how they do for copr paper ... not sure what they have in their system - 50 by 70 , or the cropped image
i hear people say that copr is signed and given back to us , which means my photo on copr is not taken at the immigration ???

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Hi everyone,

What is the average waiting time here ? On the website it said 51 days. I landed on April 11th and still nothing so far ...

KKMONKEY

May 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-10-2014
AOR Received.
Jan-22-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
March-15-2016
LANDED..........
April-10-2016
tiffany123 said:
Hi everyone,

What is the average waiting time here ? On the website it said 51 days. I landed on April 11th and still nothing so far ...
Check again. It's 58 days now :mad:

kennyandchen

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called CIC it says my card has been sent on May-31 and I landed on Apri-05 when should I expect get it from NS? I live in Toronto

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
thanks bro

next2015 said:

All the best

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear seniors/experts ,

1) For declaring the proof of funds at the initial landing via plane , what are my options ? Should I get a bank draft from my current bank , sufficing the amount required by the CIC for one person , that is $ 12,164 CAD per person ?
OR
Should I get a certificate from my current bank , stating that I have a balance of 12,164 CAD ?
OR
What is the most preferred option for me to declare the proof of funds and that should be acceptable by the authorities as well , please advice ?

2) I will be staying in Canada for 2-3 months , so for that purpose , what is the best option for me to transfer money to Canada for food and other expenses etc ?

3) And I should open my bank account in which bank ? Which is recommended ?

Please Recommend !

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
maplezone said:
Dear seniors/experts ,

1) For declaring the proof of funds at the initial landing via plane , what are my options ? Should I get a bank draft from my current bank , sufficing the amount required by the CIC for one person , that is $ 12,164 CAD per person ?
OR
Should I get a certificate from my current bank , stating that I have a balance of 12,164 CAD ?
OR
What is the most preferred option for me to declare the proof of funds and that should be acceptable by the authorities as well , please advice ?

2) I will be staying in Canada for 2-3 months , so for that purpose , what is the best option for me to transfer money to Canada for food and other expenses etc ?

3) And I should open my bank account in which bank ? Which is recommended ?

Please Recommend !
1. It's really your choice; you can get a draft (you MUST declare if more than $10,000), certificate/letter+stamped statement, cash (you MUST declare if more then $10,000). There is no preferred option. The important thing is you being able to provide proof (officially acceptable proof) that you have the funds.

2. You could carry cash (there is no limit to how much cash one carry, but you must declare amounts above $10,000), atm/debit/credit card (visa or mastercard). Since your not staying long, personally, I'd advise you carry cash, and the reason is tied to the answer for question 3. Or both cash some and your bank card.

3. If you're doing a short landing (which you are), you may want to think twice about opening a bank account. Owning a bank account is considered a secondary tie for residence in Canada, and therefore, comes with the possibility of you being considered a resident for tax purposes. This means you have to file taxes in Canada even while your are not in the country - you have to report your income outside Canada. So before you do this, you may want to do more research and if possible even verify with CRA. Additionally, opening an account comes with requirements such as a Canadian address, a utility bill in your name etc. Will you be in position to fulfill these requirements?

Finally, this particular thread is really about "PR card processing time-lines", and your questions are about "settlement issues". I'd advise you post these questions in the "Settlement Issues" category, I guarantee you will have quicker responses there. In fact, you'll notice these and many more questions have been asked and answered there. Just a friendly piece of advice.

All the best.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
KKMONKEY said:
Check again. It's 58 days now :mad:
So i just called CIC and they said that the processing time has increased now so it might arrive late June/beginning of July :(