+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

koonisr

Jan 28, 2014
My credit card just got charged too. How can I be so happy for loosing money.

UPS delivery time 6.31 AM, from BC. I really hope all of you have the good news. Thank you ORssei for your time. I will contribute to your fund when I go home.

Thank you all of you for contributing to this thread and keep all of us informed. Love you all and love the world.

Century said:
Congratulation! At last CIC puts its hand on 6:31 batch. 10 more days of charging remaining. Hope all will be charged by this time.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koonisr said:

UPS delivery time 6.31 AM, from BC. I really hope all of you have the good news. Thank you ORssei for your time. I will contribute to your fund when I go home.

Thank you all of you for contributing to this thread and keep all of us informed. Love you all and love the world.
Good news!! Congrats :)

Please don't forget to update SS under 'New Entry' :D

Kani

Jan 4, 2016
r3su1 said:
Are you sure the cheque you sent to CIC is a personal cheque written from your cheque book which was then certified by TD branch, but not bank draft?
Yes, you are right it was bank draft. Screwd by Td bank, i asked for certified check but was given a draft. I didnt know the difference between them or how it looks like.
i went to branch today, while asking why i was a given a draft when i asked for a draft, their manager said "both works in same way, if they are going to accept certified check, they should accept bank draft as well.

So, i am not sure if cpc going to accept my file or not. it was sent through UPS on 4th jan on 7.36 am though.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
No i do not think it will be linear.
I only said that there is no way CIC has the capacity to accept 10k applications in under 2 hrs. If they wanted to do that, they would have implemented a fully online submission system.

Dont worry, Purolator batch will be within 10k for sure.

tjd said:
Firstly, I hope what you said be right.
Secondly, it would be very unrealistic to say that the apps received in 3 days followed a linear trend,
such as 8000+4000+2000
In my opinion, and also from the time of delivery data, it is a heavy quadratic trend line if not completely exponential
and it is 13000+1200+remainder

If you think it is a linear trend, you are basically doubting the diligence of 4000+2000 applicants. Do you think they were careless enough not to be sensitive about the 4th Jan date despite the knowledge they would get from this forum. I was one of such applicants last year. However, I sent my application from Thunder Bay via Canada Post.

CIC needs to be politically tardy (because they don't want the applicants to be panicked, plus it reflects on their failed FCFS policy) about revealing as to when the cap was reached. They will report this to their web management team, who would update their website after enough testing, delays, minister's responses, etc
I am speaking this out of sheer experience and reasonable intuition.
I again hope you are right.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
spidec said:
How can you tell that they sent it at 2:30 PM with 9:43 AM time tag. I called Pulorator earlier and they told me 9:43 AM would be the right time the package got there. Will be very dissapointed if they lie about their time tag..... :'(
Because no one from 9:43 Purolator batch is charged yet...and i chatted with one lady the same day around noon...she mentioned that the person was still in line with 700 appl approx...so their statements are varying...

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kani said:
Yes, you are right it was bank draft. Screwd by Td bank, i asked for certified check but was given a draft. I didnt know the difference between them or how it looks like.
i went to branch today, while asking why i was a given a draft when i asked for a draft, their manager said "both works in same way, if they are going to accept certified check, they should accept bank draft as well.

So, i am not sure if cpc going to accept my file or not. it was sent through UPS on 4th jan on 7.36 am though.
I had the same situation, thankfully my lawyer issued his certified cheque on my behalf at the very last minute because we were ready to mail the application on the 31st. When I went back to CIBC to refund the bank draft, the teller lady continued to argue with me and said bank drafts/money order are similar to certified cheques. Even though I said, I specifically asked for "Certified cheque" because CIC clearly stated no bank drafts and even showed her the printout from CIC website. She cut me off and told me to "listen! they are the same!..." this went on until I had to raise my voice and asked for a manager.
However, I do see someone post on here that CIC accepts the bank drafts anyway, but I don't know how picky they are going to be due to the multitudes of applications received in such short time. :mad:

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
_MK_ said:
No i do not think it will be linear.
I only said that there is no way CIC has the capacity to accept 10k applications in under 2 hrs. If they wanted to do that, they would have implemented a fully online submission system.

Dont worry, Purolator batch will be within 10k for sure.
I agree! Thank you for this.
If you guys check the timeline on the spreadsheet, there are still way too many Fedex 9.19 applications just between us (add to them aaaaall the other people who are not on there in proportion) for the Purolator 9.43 to start getting charged.

dchoudh said:
Because no one from 9:43 Purolator batch is charged yet...and i chatted with one lady the same day around noon...she mentioned that the person was still in line with 700 appl approx...so their statements are varying...
It has been mentioned several times that Purolator used a local company to deliver at 9am and afford the time to wait in line. That's what the person I dealt with explained to me too.
So delivery guy waited in line, delivered, got it all signed by Tammy... then reported back, then it was updated.
Way too risky for them to lie on so many applications.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Quoi said:
I agree! Thank you for this.
If you guys check the timeline on the spreadsheet, there are still way too many Fedex 9.19 applications just between us (add to them aaaaall the other people who are not on there in proportion) for the Purolator 9.43 to start getting charged.

It has been mentioned several times that Purolator used a local company to deliver at 9am and afford the time to wait in line. That's what the person I dealt with explained to me too.
So delivery guy waited in line, delivered, got it all signed by Tammy... then reported back, then it was updated.
Way too risky for them to lie on so many applications.
I would love to agree to your statement...and I have read the same in the past too...in this thread...but then why no one from 9:43 Purolotor is getting charged yet (if they used local courior)...where as 10 am's are getting charged...I could not find an answer to this explanation...

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
dchoudh said:
I would love to agree to your statement...and I have read the same in the past too...in this thread...but then why no one from 9:43 Purolotor is getting charged yet (if they used local courior)...where as 10 am's are getting charged...I could not find an answer to this explanation...
I can't be sure, and since i'm in the 9.43 batch too, maybe it's wishful thinking but there are a lot of reasons possible:
1. Tammy is the one signing for all the 9.19 and 9.43, so she (or her team) isn't done processing the 9.19
2. The way applications are spread, someone works faster through them and it's taking time
3. The people posting/sharing on this forum aren't an exact representation of how much of how many applications were sent with each courier

As long as there is no updates that the quotas have been reached, I think there is no point arguing about this.
Maybe (but I hope not) I'm wrong and too optimistic, but when I see that there are only 274 applications on the spreadsheet and that they received 14000 in 2 days, I think it's easy to be mislead... mind you, i'm worried too but it could go either way.

Kani

Jan 4, 2016
mamaburger said:
I had the same situation, thankfully my lawyer issued his certified cheque on my behalf at the very last minute because we were ready to mail the application on the 31st. When I went back to CIBC to refund the bank draft, the teller lady continued to argue with me and said bank drafts/money order are similar to certified cheques. Even though I said, I specifically asked for "Certified cheque" because CIC clearly stated no bank drafts and even showed her the printout from CIC website. She cut me off and told me to "listen! they are the same!..." this went on until I had to raise my voice and asked for a manager.
However, I do see someone post on here that CIC accepts the bank drafts anyway, but I don't know how picky they are going to be due to the multitudes of applications received in such short time. :mad:
I came to know about it today, ma bad. Same thing was told to me by TD representative. I hope they will not going to reject it because of that, as it is still made for Receiver general for canada.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Quoi said:
I can't be sure, and since i'm in the 9.43 batch too, maybe it's wishful thinking but there are a lot of reasons possible:
1. Tammy is the one signing for all the 9.19 and 9.43, so she (or her team) isn't done processing the 9.19
2. The way applications are spread, someone works faster through them and it's taking time
3. The people posting/sharing on this forum aren't an exact representation of how much of how many applications were sent with each courier

As long as there is no updates that the quotas have been reached, I think there is no point arguing about this.
Maybe (but I hope not) I'm wrong and too optimistic, but when I see that there are only 274 applications on the spreadsheet and that they received 14000 in 2 days, I think it's easy to be mislead... mind you, i'm worried too but it could go either way.
Completely agree with you..."it could go either way"...even I am from the same Purolator batch...and would love to stay optimistic and wishful as you are:)...not trying to argue for sure:)...we all are here for the same reason...and would love to see everyone's appls getting selected.

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
koonisr said:

got cc charged for one application yesterday. I have sent two (for mother and mother in law) via UPS from Thunder Bay, ON. got charge of $55o yesterday. not sure for which application, because I used same CC for both application, Stupid me :)
It was UPS 6:31 AM batch

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Quoi said:

When I chatted with purolator, it was between 1 and 2 pm EST and the agent said that the delivery guy is still in lineup for delivery of 700 applications, however the delivery stamp is 9:43 on my delivery notice. I am not sure if purolator is lying or it is indeed some of their local helpers who delivered the application on purolator's behalf between 9 and 10 am because many people reported that purolator was no where seen till 10 am at CIC office