+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

evan2015

Feb 5, 2015
Any Jan 4th 9:19AM Fedex batch from BC got charged?? I am nervous as others who has not been charged yet. Most likely envelops from the same province were put together.

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evan2015 said:
Any Jan 4th 9:19AM Fedex batch from BC got charged?? I am nervous as others who has not been charged yet. Most likely envelops from the same province were put together.
According to SS, it doesn't look like BC apps got charged yet...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
mamaburger said:
According to SS, it doesn't look like BC apps got charged yet...
Made a sheet called 'FILTER' just after seeing your post. See if it helps when you try to see certain courier, time-frame and/or province. 8)

saanpa

Oct 21, 2015
jdai said:
You are ok. check out cic website

Question 12. – Calculation of income based on the “Option-C Printout”
12.A: Print the amount that appears at line 150 of the last notice of assessment (“Option-C Printout”) issued to you by the CRA for the most recent taxation year.

12.B: Enter all of the following payments that were included in the amount at line 150 of your notice of assessment, add them up and print the total:

Provincial instruction or training allowance;
Social assistance paid by a province;
Employment insurance: only maternity, parental and sickness benefits paid under the Employment Insurance Act are considered income. Other payments such as employment insurance and federal training allowances are not considered as income; and Guaranteed income supplement paid under the Old Age Security Act.
12.C: Deduct the total entered at 12.B (line 6) from the amount at 12.A (line 1). The result 12.C is your total income as per this method of calculation.
Thanks but in IMM5768E I included that amount in 16E, where it should have been 0 as maternity is special benefit. Looking into this I am little nervous as any regular benefit will make the applicant ineligible, wondering why would CIC even have this input when any input to this row would make applicant ineligible.

spidec

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-05-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
tjd said:
I don't think Purolator was able to deliver before noon on Jan 4. They updated their status at around 2:30 PM with 9:43 AM as their time tag.
About 2200 (earlier rumored to be 700+) applications in this category.
Good luck to all
How can you tell that they sent it at 2:30 PM with 9:43 AM time tag. I called Pulorator earlier and they told me 9:43 AM would be the right time the package got there. Will be very dissapointed if they lie about their time tag..... :'(

JB-PGP 2016

Jan 12, 2016
Rossei,
Were they added to the list? They sent thru UPS and were already charged, based on their posts:
pacific2016
emceemouli
Eluka80

Thanks.

MoRe

Jan 12, 2015
Hi
May I ask how you find out that you got charged? I am asking as my VISA updates transactions after 2 days.
I am in Fedex 9:19 and not charged yet. Very disappointed.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB-PGP 2016 said:
Rossei,
Were they added to the list? They sent thru UPS and were already charged, based on their posts:
pacific2016
emceemouli
Eluka80

Thanks.
emceemouli equals chandra

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
spidec said:
How can you tell that they sent it at 2:30 PM with 9:43 AM time tag. I called Pulorator earlier and they told me 9:43 AM would be the right time the package got there. Will be very dissapointed if they lie about their time tag..... :'(
Unfortunately, based on the credit card charges from other couriers (who delivered after 9:43am) and the fact that the tracking info was not updated until 2:30pm EST, I do believe they were dishonest in their time stamping of 9:43am.

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Made a sheet called 'FILTER' just after seeing your post. See if it helps when you try to see certain courier, time-frame and/or province. 8)
Ah Awesome!!! Thanks! It's easier to differentiate provinces/couriers under the new tab ;D

People who reads this thread should say their thanks by chipping in to Rossei, he spent so much time creating these tracking sheets to ease your mind! Buy him a cup of coffee! Click link below:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][size=10pt][size=10pt]https://www.gofundme.com/2016pgp

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
JB-PGP 2016 said:
Rossei,
pacific2016
emceemouli
Eluka80

Thanks.
I don't know. There are various reasons I don't want to add them on my own without their consent.
- Some prefer to use different name in the SS. So, you will never know for sure if they currently exist or not in the SS.
- If they never use the SS themselves, they will never update afterwards. I cannot track 300 people.
- Some just don't want to be part of public SS.

Hence, I asked new users either to use the SS or PM me if they want to be added. Takes only few minutes...

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I wouldn't put too much credibility into the projection.

If we are to believe it to be true, then CIC somehow would have to accept over 10000 applications in less 2 hours or about a 100 applications per minute which is absurd. Remember CIC only had 2/3 people receiving. Even if they receive a large box full of apps, they still need to open it and count before signing for it.

I think 700-1000 is more realistic for day one 1 on purolator. Each of the big couriers probably had a similar high number but likely slightly smaller since the majority chose Purolator due to last year's success. The smaller local ones had a few hundred each at the most(some more and most not as many).

CIC received 14000 in 3 days according to their website. People who got their apps in on Jan 5/6 are also probably within the cutoff limit of 10k.

12:30 pm on jan 4is probably still within 5k.

tjd said:
Look at the "Projection" sheet. Cell C21. I created this sheet to track the progress and performance of what in theory is called a FCFS system.
The assumption is that this forum represents a %age of the total population. This is a very reasonable assumption
It was a complete failure leading to black-marketing of courier services.
I am not blaming the people who proactively chose such couriers. Even I would do that same thing and cause greater trouble in future. The CIC is at fault.
Just imagine you and I go for grocery shopping. We put 50 items each in our cart and return to the single queue single server at the same time (perhaps you were 1 sec faster), which was also the time when the server opens, Given that the server will scan no more than 50 items on that day. You get through the queue and shopped with success, where as I could not. Is this a fair FCFS?
What about the shoppers who carry only milk and bread. Don't you think, that's why there are fast lanes.
The whole idea of FCFS is a big joke and results into a lot of wastage of time, effort, money and causes so much stress.
They should allow people to submit on-line application and then chose randomly (using a legitimate random number generator, perhaps modified a little bit to give more weight age to provinces with less population, btw I am applying from Ontario)
I will be awfully sad if my application tagged 9:43 AM does not make it to the cap, but I will be more disappointed if this PGP process is not improved.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
I cannot say with absolute certainty as CIC tend to change their way often. But I used my email id on the Representative form as well and only I received the email AOR. My mom didn't receive any email whatsoever.
Thanks Rossei!

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
_MK_ said:
I wouldn't put too much credibility into the projection.

If we are to believe it to be true, then CIC somehow would have to accept over 10000 applications in less 2 hours or about a 100 applications per minute which is absurd. Remember CIC only had 2/3 people receiving. Even if they receive a large box full of apps, they still need to open it and count before signing for it.

I think 700-1000 is more realistic for day one 1 on purolator. Each of the big couriers probably had a similar high number but likely slightly smaller since the majority chose Purolator due to last year's success. The smaller local ones had a few hundred each at the most(some more and most not as many).

CIC received 14000 in 3 days according to their website. People who got their apps in on Jan 5/6 are also probably within the cutoff limit of 10k.

12:30 pm on jan 4is probably still within 5k.
Firstly, I hope what you said be right.
Secondly, it would be very unrealistic to say that the apps received in 3 days followed a linear trend,
such as 8000+4000+2000
In my opinion, and also from the time of delivery data, it is a heavy quadratic trend line if not completely exponential
and it is 13000+1200+remainder

If you think it is a linear trend, you are basically doubting the diligence of 4000+2000 applicants. Do you think they were careless enough not to be sensitive about the 4th Jan date despite the knowledge they would get from this forum. I was one of such applicants last year. However, I sent my application from Thunder Bay via Canada Post.

CIC needs to be politically tardy (because they don't want the applicants to be panicked, plus it reflects on their failed FCFS policy) about revealing as to when the cap was reached. They will report this to their web management team, who would update their website after enough testing, delays, minister's responses, etc
I am speaking this out of sheer experience and reasonable intuition.
I again hope you are right.