+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
wec080 said:
Comparing the timestamp/version number is the logical thing to do. If the CIC messed up their version number is their fault. You were name calling, and that was rude. God forbid you ever have any bad luck or make any mistake!

Listen, I have no intention to insult anyone here - my problem is with this attitude of creating baseless hysteria, fear mongering and confusion. I wasn't born yesterday and I have had my share of bad lucks or mistakes whatever you want to call them - but then just because something didn't work out, it doesn't mean that I would go to town and start creating a panic among others.

I wish you well and sincerely hope that this turn out to be non-issue in the end. Good luck and stay positive !

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
aryan15 said:
Hey ! Good luck ! How come you have that green/red circle to the left under your name? Do you work with canadavisa.com? Just curious
As many said, it is the flag of my country. Click "PROFILE" at the top menu, then select "Forum Profile Information" under the "Modify Profile" submenu, select your country, and you got your flag. 8)

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
jhutti said:
Next year, choose local courier who is ALREADY standing in line as top 3. Do not go by this year names.
That spot will go away from 1 week before starting date ie 2nd Jan 2017 unlike this year when it goes away 1 day before.
So one should have ample time to decide who is standing in top 3 line before handing the package
How do you know the top 3? How do you know who to choose for next year?

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
SoClose said:
How do you know the top 3? How do you know who to choose for next year?
I think what he means is just before 2nd jan 2017 maybe on 1st or 31st go check it outside of CPC-M and if u see people standing there that means they are from courier companies and then ask them which company they belong and try to contact them and submit them your application as you will already know that they are there in line.

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
Blue sky9 said:
Just to give an update to all as I went to the 2 Robert Speck in Mississauga on Jan 4th. I just wanted to see what is going on....
This is what I saw .....

In the parking lot, there were vans parked (UPS, Purolator, FedEx). the guys were taking application bundles upstairs. the receivers were not accepting bulk bundles at one go so they were coming down and taking packages from vans and going upstairs. I talked to a UPS guy, he told me there was line up at 8 am in the morning but by 9 am only 3 or 4 people in the line were left. I did not see any line up at 9:30 am. Some of the people are exaggerating the fact that they delivered thousands of applications before 10 am, just to get more business next year. If your application was there on Jan 4th, there are high chances it will be under 5000 cap. Just remember there will be many incomplete or incorrect applications which will not count.
OK this is new. I dont know what to believe anymore :( For all our sakes, I hope you are right.

Blue sky9

Jan 6, 2016
rajparvez87 said:
OK this is new. I dont know what to believe anymore :( For all our sakes, I hope you are right.
I can confirm as I was right there. Two things to note:

1. Big couriers (UPS, FedEx, Purolator) had dedicated employees working there from morning with vans parked in parking lot. It's not like that they will leave if they see a line up as it was reported many times in this forum.

2. Applications were not accepted in too much bulk from one guy. Courier guys were going up and down multiple times. that's why you will see different time stamps on UPS, FedEx, Purolator, though they were there from morning.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blue sky9 said:
I can confirm as I was right there. Two things to note:

1. Big couriers (UPS, FedEx, Purolator) had dedicated employees working there from morning with vans parked in parking lot. It's not like that they will leave if they see a line up as it was reported many times in this forum.

2. Applications were not accepted in too much bulk from one guy. Courier guys were going up and down multiple times. that's why you will see different time stamps on UPS, FedEx, Purolator, though they were there from morning.
Are saying UPS guy have to go up & down the stairs 3000 times!!! as poor guys have 3000 packages. And again get back in line. This is directly against the info the Metro owner chris given last night.
He claims to submit 197 packages in one go in 20 mins time.

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
jhutti said:
Are saying UPS guy have to go up & down the stairs 3000 times!!! as poor guys have 3000 packages. And again get back in line. This is directly against the info the Metro owner chris given last night.
He claims to submit 197 packages in one go in 20 mins time.
I dont think he meant "one application at a time" but "one box/bulk at a time". So may be the guy has truck full of applications and they cant take all of them together as I am sure forklifts are not allowed :D
So they would come down to get a box or two and deliver.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
CIC can be easily challenged in the court if they do not accept all the applications received on the day one. It is based on the fact that they are not putting timestamp on the packages unless they have another internal system (not visible to courier guys) that put a mark of time of receipt of the package.

What do you say? :-\

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
Can't wait for the CC to start getting charged so we can all move on from this. This is torture.

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! I'm new on here but I've been following your posts for some time now. I've also sent in my app for PGP this year. However, reading all these posts, I'm preparing myself to see my app returned soon... First, I used Fedex and the time delivered was 11:50AM Jan 4th. Second, someone brought up the format change on Schedule A so I took a look at what I used, it was the older version.... :'(
Oh well... better luck next time I guess. Good luck to all of you though!

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Blue sky9 said:
Just to give an update to all as I went to the 2 Robert Speck in Mississauga on Jan 4th. I just wanted to see what is going on....
This is what I saw .....

In the parking lot, there were vans parked (UPS, Purolator, FedEx). the guys were taking application bundles upstairs. the receivers were not accepting bulk bundles at one go so they were coming down and taking packages from vans and going upstairs. I talked to a UPS guy, he told me there was line up at 8 am in the morning but by 9 am only 3 or 4 people in the line were left. I did not see any line up at 9:30 am. Some of the people are exaggerating the fact that they delivered thousands of applications before 10 am, just to get more business next year. If your application was there on Jan 4th, there are high chances it will be under 5000 cap. Just remember there will be many incomplete or incorrect applications which will not count.
This is a big lie.
1. Purolator van was not in parking lot before 10am. Later some forum members confirmed that was because Purolator used local subcontractors to deliver their morning packages to CIC.
2. The longest line-up was at 9:30. All the way to where the security was on 8th floor.

I wondering if you even bothered to go to the 8th floor to check how long the line was.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Pamma97 said:
I think what he means is just before 2nd jan 2017 maybe on 1st or 31st go check it outside of CPC-M and if u see people standing there that means they are from courier companies and then ask them which company they belong and try to contact them and submit them your application as you will already know that they are there in line.
That makes sense now. Thank you for providing your interpretation of that comment. Does anybody know when the courier services started lining up there this year? Did they start the night before?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SoClose said:
That makes sense now. Thank you for providing your interpretation of that comment. Does anybody know when the courier services started lining up there this year? Did they start the night before?
Search through this thread. This information has already been posted several times. Yes - a few small courier started the day before and were first in line.