ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all just curious how many people are going through Moscow this year and see what timelines are like?

I am sponsoring my wife here is our timeline

We received your application to sponsor on September 22, 2009.

We started processing your application on October 13, 2009.

We sent you a letter on October 15, 2009 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

PR Status in process since Nov 11

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
hello,
they have some info about Russia here:
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
These are the historic processing times for Family Class (Spouse) at the various embassies. (for the year Oct/08 to Sept/09)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

For Moscow, 50% of the apps were completed in 5 months.

Medvedev

Nov 21, 2009
Ohman, oh man! I'm going through the same thing as you. My wife is Russian :)

From what I gather, you are waiting to hear if you have been accepted as a Sponsor for your Russian wife? This is my Timeline, so far......

- I sent our Family Class Sponsorship Application to CIC in Mississsauga and it was received June 4th 2009
- I was accepted as a Sponsor on July 7th 2009 and our Application for Permanent Residency was sent to the Visa Office in Moscow for further Processing.
- Our File was Opened in Moscow on September 2nd 2009.
- 'Medical Results have been Received' message showed up on our CIC ECas Profile this past Thursday, November 19th.

..... from what I have been reading, this could very well mean that my Wife might soon be on her way??

Keeping our fingers crossed! Good Luck to you!!

Medvedev

Nov 21, 2009
........and it took a good 3-4 weeks before I got a 'hard copy', via SnailMail, saying that they were processing our Application. The letter is sent Regular Post from Moscow :(

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Medvedev said:
..... from what I have been reading, this could very well mean that my Wife might soon be on her way??
She's very close to getting the visa. Friend's wife got the call to send in her passport to Moscow 3 days after the "Medical Results Received" message.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
President Medvedev! It's an honor to have you choose Canada over Russia!

;)

Medvedev said:
........and it took a good 3-4 weeks before I got a 'hard copy', via SnailMail, saying that they were processing our Application. The letter is sent Regular Post from Moscow :(

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Hi! Medvedev,

God speed!

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Medvedev good luck to you! when did you have the medicals done? That seems like a long time for them to get there. She did the medicals back on June 18 th this year so I would imagine they are ready to go. Yes it is my wife I am sponsoring!

Medvedev

Nov 21, 2009
Karlshammar said:
President Medvedev! It's an honor to have you choose Canada over Russia!

;)

Medvedev said:
Well, I'm afraid that Vladimir Vladimirovich, Putin, might want his job back sooner than I anticipated! lol!!

Medvedev

Nov 21, 2009
ohman4966 said:
Hi Medvedev good luck to you! when did you have the medicals done? That seems like a long time for them to get there. She did the medicals back on June 18 th this year so I would imagine they are ready to go. Yes it is my wife I am sponsoring!
Thanks! My Wife's Medical was actually done on April 1st. Just a heads up that I'm a Canadian born Citizen. We were married April 7th in Jamaica. She brought all her required Immigration paperwork with her there (medical IMM 1017 form, Police Check, other IMM forms, notarized translations, etc...) and I brought it all back with me to Canada. I got our Application sent away on June 3rd via courier to Mississauga.
From what I understand, Russian Medical Results are sent back to Canada to be analysed by Government contracted Physicians? Only after this are the the Results Accepted and Confirmed by CIC? Can anyone confirm this?? Perhaps this is why it took so long?
Other than that, I heard that the Moscow Embassy is undergoing Renovations, as well as they are swamped with Temporary Visa requests for the Vancouver Olympics. These two things are slowing Visa timelines in general!

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ha thats interesting we got married on April 7th too this year in Dominican I am a Canadian Cititzen born and raised here too. St Petersburg where we did the medical said they sent it to London England not Canada. But ours seems to move along quite well so far keeping fingures crossed. We have lots of documentation not children involved and Ive been visiting her in Russia or meeting dominican every two months or so I hope this strenghtens our case. :) Good Luck to all!

Medvedev

Nov 21, 2009
ohman4966 said:
Ha thats interesting we got married on April 7th too this year in Dominican I am a Canadian Cititzen born and raised here too. St Petersburg where we did the medical said they sent it to London England not Canada. But ours seems to move along quite well so far keeping fingures crossed. We have lots of documentation not children involved and Ive been visiting her in Russia or meeting dominican every two months or so I hope this strenghtens our case. :) Good Luck to all!
This is very ironic! We have been to the Dominican twice. (Excellence and Bahia Principe Ambar) In fact I proposed to my wife in Punta Cana last October 08' :)
We married in Jamaica because it's an English country and the Wedding is recognized by both Canada and Russia. There was no need for Translation of my Documents, no need for Translation of the Wedding Certificate, only 24 hours waiting time to marry, only a week after the ceremony I had the government issued Wedding Certificate in my hands to return home with. Therefore I could literally send our Documentation to Mississauga the day after I returned. Not that I did :( It took me about 5 weeks to complete everything on my end. My wife was much more efficient and organized with everything she had to provide! :p
She has no children.
I needed a File Box for all the Documentation.
My wife was able to visit Canada on a Temporary Visa during the Summer. This was a great suprise to us!
Why did you wait so long after the Wedding to apply to Mississauga?
How did the London Embassy get involved?

:)

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually I proposed at the Excellence and got Married at Paradisus Palma Real and going to Ambar this Wednesday to see her hopefully for the last time on holiday the next time her in Canada :) It took 3.5 months for our marriage Certificate because the Romance Team quit, They told us one month so I was going to go to St Petersburg do the medicals and then bring papers back in june but they were late so I went in August to Moscow to finish the papers with my wife and then when I got back sent them off and now its all in process.