+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

q8boy

Aug 13, 2023
Check your processing office. CPC Mississauga does handle Protected Persons’ PR applications at large but there’re still regionals processing offices. My case is being treated at Montréal Immigration for example.
How did you find out ? It's on GCKEY ?

Junior1987

Jan 31, 2024
please clarify who you want to contact and for what reason. If it is IRCC then either call them or send a webform.
My boss at work needs me to go outside the country to continue some work and he told me that he can send them an email maybe they can process it faster

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
My boss at work needs me to go outside the country to continue some work and he told me that he can send them an email maybe they can process it faster
from what I understand, a letter from your boss will not speed up your application however I believe it is worth trying.
I would send the letter by web form then follow up with a call a few weeks later.
whats your timeline/when did you apply for PR? As im sure you're aware the timeline is 24+months to process applications, and you will need a RTD to travel outside Canada.

Junior1987

Jan 31, 2024
from what I understand, a letter from your boss will not speed up your application however I believe it is worth trying.
I would send the letter by web form then follow up with a call a few weeks later.
whats your timeline/when did you apply for PR? As im sure you're aware the timeline is 24+months to process applications, and you will need a RTD to travel outside Canada.
I applied on dec 14 they send me the AOR on feb 5. But i called the ircc they need time for travel documents and then to pit the american visa so he told let us try and send them maybe they can process it faster.
Review of medical results ?

[ Review of additional documents

• We do not need additional documents.

4. Interview ③

• You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

) Biometrics @

• We do not need your fingerprints.
We will send you a message if this changes.

@ Background check ?

• Not applicable.
  • a Final decision @

o Your application is in progress.

We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Homelonely

Jul 12, 2022
I'm tired and discouraged. Our application as dependent of refugee is not progressing at all. Even the PA hasn't got his final decision yet. The last correspondence he got was Eligibility in February 2023. After that, nothing.
I know that applying for visitor visa will most likely be denied but can I apply for a study visa for a short diploma course? Is there any possibility of it being approved?
Almost 10 years without my spouse is getting beyond endurance and I'm ready to clutch at any straw.

Reactions: himankkohli6

winterangel2022

Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
Applied September 21 2022

Received AOR January 19 2023

Requested GCMS notes October 23, 2023

Received pre arrival letter November 8, 2023

Received eligibility letter November 9, 2023

Haven’t received any other updates since November

Requested another GCMS note on January 26, 2024. New notes received February 26, 2024

Eligibility- passed

Criminality - passed

Security - not started

Info sharing - complete, but not reviewed

Medical - passed, expired

Does anyone have this same timeline and gcms notes?

This is the second time I have ordered gcms notes and the info sharing says complete but not reviewed

Vancouver93

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
Applied September 21 2022

Received AOR January 19 2023

Requested GCMS notes October 23, 2023

Received pre arrival letter November 8, 2023

Received eligibility letter November 9, 2023

Haven’t received any other updates since November

Requested another GCMS note on January 26, 2024. New notes received February 26, 2024

Eligibility- passed

Criminality - passed

Security - not started

Info sharing - complete, but not reviewed

Medical - passed, expired

Does anyone have this same timeline and gcms notes?

This is the second time I have ordered gcms notes and the info sharing says complete but not reviewed
I have the same timetine too. Got my GCMS last week and same info as you. Called IRCC and they said the next step is final decision

Reactions: winterangel2022

Junior1987

Jan 31, 2024
Hi guys please share your pr timeline as protected a person who had applied pr from 2022-2023 from quebec only
I applied on dec 14 they send me the AOR on feb 5. But i called the ircc they need time for travel documents and then to pit the american visa so he told let us try and send them maybe they can process it faster.
Review of medical results ?

[ Review of additional documents

• We do not need additional documents.

4. Interview ③

• You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

) Biometrics @

• We do not need your fingerprints.
We will send you a message if this changes.

@ Background check ?

• Not applicable.
  • a Final decision @

o Your application is in progress.

We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: himankkohli6