+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Sysnco

Apr 29, 2024
Hi I have a friend that was accepted as a protected person but not his son he made a permanent residence application in July 2021 and included his son he completed all the stages and is waiting for a finale decision
He wants to know if his son is gonna get the permanente residence at the same time as him knowing that his son has also completed all the steps at the same time as the father and has not left Canada

Last edited:

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
Hi I have a friend that was accepted as a protected person but not his son he made a permanent residence application in July 2019 and included his son he completed all the stages and is waiting for a finale decision
He wants to know if his son is gonna get the permanente residence at the same time as him knowing that his son has also completed all the steps at the same time as the father and has not left Canada
Pr applied in 2019 and No response for your friend yet? Still in process? 5 Years

Sysnco

Apr 29, 2024
Mostly Quebec cases are delayed by 3 years and more. Other people mostly got PR in 18 months to 26 months. I dont know what to do. Its more then 3 years now.
Yes it’s a really long process and depends on the agent and your luck
Do you or anyone else know how long does it take before receiving the CSQ for the son the dad is really worried
The CSQ already exists he didn’t ask for a new one

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
Yes it’s a really long process and depends on the agent and your luck
Do you or anyone else know how long does it take before receiving the CSQ for the son the dad is really worried
The CSQ already exists he didn’t ask for a new one
I really have no idea because i got for my all family before 3 years.

Reactions: Sysnco

Junior1987

Jan 31, 2024
Hello everyone
Today I received a letter from immigration but it is in french(
Cette lettre fait suite à votre demande de résidence permanente au Canada dans la catégorie des personnes protégées.

Votre demande en vue d'obtenir le statut de résident permanent en qualité de personnes protégées a été jugée recevable. Toutefois, une décision définitive ne sera pas rendue tant que vous n'avez pas satisfait à toutes les autres exigences concernant l'obtention de ce statut. Il s'agit notamment de l'examen médical, de la vérification des antécédents et des vérifications en matière de sécurité auxquels vous devez vous soumettre vous-même et, le cas échéant, tous les membres de votre famille. Vous ne pouvez pas obtenir le statut de résident permanent tant que vous et tous les membres de votre famille n'ont pas satisfait à ces exigences.)
So did anyone received such a letter and what does it mean if anyone can help please