+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
No it still says IN PROCESS
As I told you before there is nothing to review the only delay is Quebec that’s it.
When I go deep and contact IRCC from every possible way they send me this email and then I show it my MP and he verify.

Hello,

We understand that the inventory for applicants from Québec is growing and we apologize for this situation. Please know that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is determined to process all applications in a timely manner.

Some factors have an influence on the inventory including the Canada–Québec Accord relating to Immigration and Temporary Admission of Aliens that determines the division of responsibilities between Québec and Canada with regards to immigration. By this Accord, the government of Canada establishes annually the total number of immigrants for the country as a whole, taking into consideration the government of Québec’s advice on the number of immigrants that it wishes to receive. Québec's immigration plan for 2023 can be consulted here.

IRCC currently receives more applications than Québec has set in its immigration plan and cannot process more applications than the levels established by them.

Reactions: q8boy

q8boy

Aug 13, 2023
As I told you before there is nothing to review the only delay is Quebec that’s it.
When I go deep and contact IRCC from every possible way they send me this email and then I show it my MP and he verify.

Hello,

We understand that the inventory for applicants from Québec is growing and we apologize for this situation. Please know that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is determined to process all applications in a timely manner.

Some factors have an influence on the inventory including the Canada–Québec Accord relating to Immigration and Temporary Admission of Aliens that determines the division of responsibilities between Québec and Canada with regards to immigration. By this Accord, the government of Canada establishes annually the total number of immigrants for the country as a whole, taking into consideration the government of Québec’s advice on the number of immigrants that it wishes to receive. Québec's immigration plan for 2023 can be consulted here.

IRCC currently receives more applications than Québec has set in its immigration plan and cannot process more applications than the levels established by them.
Do you know what if I move to Ontario or somewhere else?Does it matter? Even though I intended to live in Quebec ,but I will move in 6 months ,as I know I have to change my address with IRCC but then what? same processing time?
Thanks !

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Do you know what if I move to Ontario or somewhere else?Does it matter? Even though I intended to live in Quebec ,but I will move in 6 months ,as I know I have to change my address with IRCC but then what? same processing time?
Thanks !
Well in my case I was over my processing time my 23 months was past on 25 July 2023 and still there is no news so when I received this email I make up my mind and move to onterio in October I moved I informed IRCC about my plans and ask them to move my application it took 3 months and in January 2024 I received my eCOPR from Onterio.

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021

Hello,

Agreed.
Got same reply as well. Quebec is reason for too much delay.

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CTD Missisuaga - Montreal Immigration
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
i live in quebec but it says my office is mississauga? does it mean im still gonna be processed in quebec?
Check your processing office. CPC Mississauga does handle Protected Persons’ PR applications at large but there’re still regionals processing offices. My case is being treated at Montréal Immigration for example.