Thread for the people who sent application to CPC-M btwn 20 July to 20 Aug

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zghansar said:
So Manila office basically asks for passport up front?? How is this though?? What if someone has to travel somewhere? How long do they after requesting passport?
basically that's the main problem. I. Cancelled already my singapore trip 3rd week of September coz I'm not sure on how long they will give me back my passport. If they didn't ask any additonal documents and if they are satisfied with the authenticity of what we submitted, maximum 45 days I will get my passport with visa..

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
@Helenia: Does that mean that you are already done or do they request the passport at the beginning of the process?

BTW, I changed my address with the Berlin Visa Office and when they confirmed it I was asked to send them an international birth certificate. I hope this is the only additional information they will request. =)

@badhet: The processing time depends on the type of application (in- or outland) and how well you prepared the application beforehand. If you apply inland the processing time may be 12-18 months or more. For outland it depends on the Visa Office the application is sent to. Some are faster than others. If you give us more information about your case we might be able to give you a better answer.

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badhet said:
Hi,

we will be filling my husband's sponsorship for me... how long will it take,,,

ANYONE?????
visa application has 2 parts:

1. Sponsorship approval - your spouse eligibility to sponsor will take 30-45 days from the time CPC received the complete documents

2. Once CPC approves your spouse as sponsor, they will forward this to CPC visa office in your country of residence. Usually 4-8 months (routine cases/regular case) your visA will be released..

Visit the website. Everything you need is there..

www.cic.gc.ca

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi oneluckycookie, In Manila processing they usually ask for passport if the applicant passed the initial assessment. Some of my batchmates in Manila were ask to submit additional documents other than the passport. 2 weeks after they received the principal applicant's document, they ask for the lacking papers.

Good thing we submitted all the documents as per the CIC checklist and they only ask for my passport..

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You OneLuckyCookie. I sent the passport today It's holiday on Monday so the embassy will receive it on Tuesday.

Hope they will not ask for additional documents from me. Coz, additional documents will add 2 months from the standard application timeframe..

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Hi All,
My spouse's application was received by CIC-M on August 1, 2009.
Received AOR on August 28, 2009 (issued letter on this date, this is not the receiving date as I checked my post box later on. On September 5,2009)

Thanks.

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Hi,

I am sponsering my husband from Egypt. Here is the progress:

May 31, sent to mississauga
June 30 : return saying there was missing informations
June 30: sent back with the missing informations to Mississauga
July 3: Sponsership accepted and sent to Cairo
No news and no update till now

wonder how long it will take them to start processing.

TripleP

May 28, 2009
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I received a letter from CPC-M on Friday, September 4th, indicating that I have been approved as a sponsor.

zghansar - Included with the letter was our Client ID Number. Now that I have the Client ID, I can log onto ECAS to check the application status either with it or with the receipt number. The information I get when logged on is the same whether I use the Client ID or the receipt number.

soap

Sep 6, 2009
Hi, I am so happy I found you guys. I've been waiting blindly for so long!

After reading that everyone got their letters I'm discouraged =[

For some reason, using the CIC receipt # I am not able to access my sponsorship application, I get the "We were not able to identify..." message. But my partner (applicant) who has a client ID (because he was an exchange student) is able to log in. This is what it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2009.

We started processing your application on July 14, 2009.

But no letter yet. There are people in this forum who have already received their letter when their application was received one month after.

Should I be worried? Do they notify you of anything else on the status page? HELP!

TripleP

May 28, 2009
Hi soap,

Is your application inland or outland? That might make a difference, but I am not an expert. I believe most people in this thread, myself included, have submitted outland applications. According to trackitt ( http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class ) and our personal stories in this thread, outland applications generally receive sponsorship approval after 30-40 days. At that point, they get a letter in the mail from CPC-M and people can log into ECAS. However, I'm noticing that for Inland applications (through Vegreville), people on trackitt take *much* longer before receiving sponsorship approval. Does that apply to you? Maybe more experienced members of the board can offer you more insight/advice.

In terms of logging on to ECAS with the receipt number, double check that you are using the correct number. If you paid online, the receipt number is 10 digits (1st digit is always a letter, I believe) and is found right above the bar code on CIC's official receipt. My guess is that you are probably using the right number though and that this is not the issue.

I can tell you with certainty what information I'm provided once I log onto ECAS. It lists my home address in Canada and then has a heading entitled "Sponsorship Applications". Under that title, there is a table that looks like the following:

Sponsored Person, Sponsorship Application Status, Permanent Residence Application Status
XXXXXXX, Decision Made, Not Available

I'm assuming the "Not Available" should probably change to "In Process" in a few weeks once the Visa Office in Taipei has received and starts to process the application. However, for now I can click on "Decision Made" and when doing so, the following information is displayed:
We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXX on August 6, 2009.

We started processing your application on September 1, 2009.

We sent you a letter on September 1, 2009 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

That's it! Hopefully that is of some help to you.

zghansar

Jul 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got update on eCAS:

We received your application to sponsor XYZ on August 10, 2009.

We started processing your application on September 4, 2009.

We sent you a letter on September 4, 2009 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

soap

Sep 6, 2009
TripleP said:
Hi soap,

Is your application inland or outland? That might make a difference, but I am not an expert. I believe most people in this thread, myself included, have submitted outland applications. According to trackitt ( trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class ) and our personal stories in this thread, outland applications generally receive sponsorship approval after 30-40 days. At that point, they get a letter in the mail from CPC-M and people can log into ECAS. However, I'm noticing that for Inland applications (through Vegreville), people on trackitt take *much* longer before receiving sponsorship approval. Does that apply to you? Maybe more experienced members of the board can offer you more insight/advice.

In terms of logging on to ECAS with the receipt number, double check that you are using the correct number. If you paid online, the receipt number is 10 digits (1st digit is always a letter, I believe) and is found right above the bar code on CIC's official receipt. My guess is that you are probably using the right number though and that this is not the issue.

I can tell you with certainty what information I'm provided once I log onto ECAS. It lists my home address in Canada and then has a heading entitled "Sponsorship Applications". Under that title, there is a table that looks like the following:

Sponsored Person, Sponsorship Application Status, Permanent Residence Application Status
XXXXXXX, Decision Made, Not Available

I'm assuming the "Not Available" should probably change to "In Process" in a few weeks once the Visa Office in Taipei has received and starts to process the application. However, for now I can click on "Decision Made" and when doing so, the following information is displayed:
We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXX on August 6, 2009.

We started processing your application on September 1, 2009.

We sent you a letter on September 1, 2009 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

That's it! Hopefully that is of some help to you.
Thanks for your help. I am doing an in-land application so I see why there is a difference in waiting times.

You are saying that you were able to access Ecas AFTER you've gotten mail from them? My partner nor I have received any letters even though he is able to access the system and I am not.

For the CIC Receipt #, Am I supposed to use my name (sponsor). I've tried both and it hasn't worked. I noticed though that the electronic version of the receipt sent did not have any information written about applicant or sponsor. That section has been left blank.

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi soap. Use the name of your sponsor, bday and location including the receipt number..

That's the only thing you can use Now because you haven't received the sponsorship approval letter yet which indicate the client ID number. you'll receive it soon.. Check in the website the processing time for inland application..