+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for the people who sent application to CPC-M btwn 20 July to 20 Aug

AdSh

Sep 1, 2009
Heleina said:
Hi guys, just an update..

I already received the AOR letter from the embassy asking for my passport. I am so happy that the initial request is passport only.. I was able to log in to ecas using my file number.

Thank you Heavenly Father...
Congrats... We are still waiting for updates on our case... still can't get into the system using our reciept # and the website hasn't been updated. It still shows processing applications recvd until June 30. What's the deal?!!! Why is is taking so long?

AdSh

Sep 1, 2009
zghansar said:
So Manila office basically asks for passport up front?? How is this though?? What if someone has to travel somewhere? How long do they after requesting passport?
I know. This is a dilema for me too... I travel 4-5 times a year and looks like I won't be able to go anywhere for a time when the embassy asks for my passport. ***grumble***

AdSh

Sep 1, 2009
Heleina said:
Hi oneluckycookie, In Manila processing they usually ask for passport if the applicant passed the initial assessment. Some of my batchmates in Manila were ask to submit additional documents other than the passport. 2 weeks after they received the principal applicant's document, they ask for the lacking papers.

Good thing we submitted all the documents as per the CIC checklist and they only ask for my passport..
wow i'm really excited for you.
My hubby and I went through that checklist about a million times before we sent the packet out.

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torr said:
Status of PR application changed to: "In Process". Means that Buffalo office received our application. Nice speed so far
Hi Torr, did they ask for your passport already?

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AdSh said:
Congrats... We are still waiting for updates on our case... still can't get into the system using our reciept # and the website hasn't been updated. It still shows processing applications recvd until June 30. What's the deal?!!! Why is is taking so long?

wow i'm really excited for you.
My hubby and I went through that checklist about a million times before we sent the packet out.

I know. This is a dilemma for me too... I travel 4-5 times a year and looks like I won't be able to go anywhere for a time when the embassy asks for my passport. ***grumble***
Hi Adsh, just patiently wait for your turn, it will come to you. We are a month ahead of you so, i think next week you can log on with your receipt.. Don't follow the website, it's a week late. Good thing you check everything before you submit your application, its better to be safe than sorry right? every additional documents requested by the embassy results to an additional 2 months in the processing time. i already cancelled my Singapore flight. I am not sure when will they return my passport.

Just keep on praying, that's the most powerful weapon we have. be positive about things!

Goodluck to you..

Heleina

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi badhet, it depends on you. I attached 50 pics. 10 from the wedding, 10 from the honeymoon and 30pics with friends and families dated 2 years ago.. The others submitted more than 100, that's why the requirements weighed more than 8lbs..

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Hey all, checked on eCAS today and thank god there is an update for our application submitted on August 4, 2009. It says application received on August 5, 2009 and decision was made on September 3, 2009. We haven't received the letter yet but hoping for a positive decision. eCAS did mentioned that our files were also forwarded to MICC on the same date since we applying for Quebec.

For the rest you (application sent b'twen 20July-20Aug), you guys should be receiving the 1st stage approval soon. Good luck to all!:)

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Heleina said:
Hi badhet, it depends on you. I attached 50 pics. 10 from the wedding, 10 from the honeymoon and 30pics with friends and families dated 2 years ago.. The others submitted more than 100, that's why the requirements weighed more than 8lbs..
aryt,,, thanks heleina..

torr

Aug 8, 2009
Toronto, ON
Heleina said:
Hi Torr, did they ask for your passport already?
Nope. Looking on other cases I see that they request passport when the decision is actually made, just to put a visa in it. At least in Buffalo office it looks like this.

Algerina

Jan 5, 2009
Yay!!!!!! We got our letter today! Approved by CIC-M and off to Paris now for second stage approval.

Letter was dated Sept 2nd, still can't get on E cas though.

I am the sponsor...so I use my name, DOB and place of birth right?

Good luck to all of us.