+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
All updates done, congrats across the board! :)

App Filed means the day that Mississauga received thea pplication. I've added you to the spreadsheet, let me know the date it arrives in Mississauga and I'll update your line. :) Also let me know if you applied as Married or Common-Law, and where you are located (nearest major city is fine).
Hi, we are in Daejeon, South Korea. Common Law. I'll tell you when it is received. I'm checking the tracking info every two minutes : )

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Cool, got it. Thanks!

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
The easiest way to check is to check the spreadsheet, which is linked in my signature. I've gone ahead and added you as well, just let mek now where you're located in Canada so I can fill that out more accurately (column N). I'd imagine you should be hearing sponsor approval any day now - note GIS geek, who applied a week before you, only heard today on his sponsor approval. I'd say give it another week or so, then email Mississauga to ask for an update since you're over the processing time.

Also, you say your daughter is British - are you sure she isn't Canadian already? How did you get your Canadian citizenship?
Thanks for the spreadsheet link, in more detail our application arrived on 27 August 14 and we are based in Edinburgh, UK. I (sponsor) am not located in Canada at all and live in Edinburgh full time. So i was wondering if this would affect the sponsorship approval time as im not based in Canada? Im a Canadian by descent as I was born in England so my daughter unfortunately did not inherit Canadian citizenship from me.

With regards to emailing Mississauga do you know where I would find the email address, after much fruitless searching through the CIC website I have only come up with a postal address. I have not even had an acknowledgement of receipt of our application. Is that standard?
Many thanks for the help.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
kks1234 said:
Thanks for the spreadsheet link, in more detail our application arrived on 27 August 14 and we are based in Edinburgh, UK. I (sponsor) am not located in Canada at all and live in Edinburgh full time. So i was wondering if this would affect the sponsorship approval time as im not based in Canada? Im a Canadian by descent as I was born in England so my daughter unfortunately did not inherit Canadian citizenship from me.

With regards to emailing Mississauga do you know where I would find the email address, after much fruitless searching through the CIC website I have only come up with a postal address. I have not even had an acknowledgement of receipt of our application. Is that standard?
Hi KKS we are also from Edinburgh, slightly similar situation although our daughter is Canadian through my wife. We submitted on 11th July and received SA at the end of August so hopefully you won't be much longer. They emailed my wife with the SA and once they have you will receive the UCI number which will allow you to log on to the CIC website to check your status. If your lucky your application will stay in Mississagua for the PR part as they seem to be processing very quickly but it may also go to Ottawa (as ours did) or London which is the usual route. The fact you are not in Canada won't have an impact as Schnookololy says you can check the spreadsheet to see the average time for SA. Make sure if you did put your email address in that you check your junk mail as often things from CIC go there and people miss them.

Bruce

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
Finally got an update on our application! It was a request for the signed Declaration of Common law. My partner who I am sponsoring, has been asked for copy of her passport. And I have to summit more proof I plan to move back to Canada. I'm not sure what's the best way to prove this. We were waiting until approval to book flights. But they also informed us no interview should be nessary!
I'm just happy to hear something!

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
brucem said:
Hi KKS we are also from Edinburgh, slightly similar situation although our daughter is Canadian through my wife. We submitted on 11th July and received SA at the end of August so hopefully you won't be much longer. They emailed my wife with the SA and once they have you will receive the UCI number which will allow you to log on to the CIC website to check your status. If your lucky your application will stay in Mississagua for the PR part as they seem to be processing very quickly but it may also go to Ottawa (as ours did) or London which is the usual route. The fact you are not in Canada won't have an impact as Schnookololy says you can check the spreadsheet to see the average time for SA. Make sure if you did put your email address in that you check your junk mail as often things from CIC go there and people miss them.

Bruce
Thanks so much for that. Its helpful to know that we shouldn't be any slower than anyone else. Is it standard to not hear anything at all from the visa office until you get sponsorship approval?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kks1234 said:

kks1234 said:
Thanks so much for that. Its helpful to know that we shouldn't be any slower than anyone else. Is it standard to not hear anything at all from the visa office until you get sponsorship approval?
Okay all updated, and cool about your daughter - many people often make the mistake, so I wanted to check!

In the guide there's an address to submit a case-specific inquiry, and you can find the form on CIC's website. I don't have it to hand, but to find it I would just google it, which you can do. Try "CIC Mississauga family class case-specific inquiry" as your search, that's what I would do! The info is definitely in the guide, though.

crdadams said:
Finally got an update on our application! It was a request for the signed Declaration of Common law. My partner who I am sponsoring, has been asked for copy of her passport. And I have to summit more proof I plan to move back to Canada. I'm not sure what's the best way to prove this. We were waiting until approval to book flights. But they also informed us no interview should be nessary!
I'm just happy to hear something!
Great news that you've heard, certainly a good sign. Proof of your intent to return, just write out what your game plan is at this point. WHere are you going to live when you land? When are you going to book flights? Have you researched work? Have you been in touch with any recruiters or headhunters? Have you been in touch with a real estate agent? That sort of thing. You can say that you have held off on booking flights because you don't want to resign your jobs in the UK until you have PR in hand, which is fine, you just have to explain it in more detail.

Really, you need to lay out your game plan in clear and simple terms.

In our case, we were living in London. We had been to Ontario a few times to visit my family, and knew where we wanted to live. We had started looking at subdivisions in the area to get a better idea, and had narrowed it down to a few. My husband had researched his job market, so he had an idea of what jobs would look like and such, and I specified the same. Our plan was to start looking for jobs once PR was granted, as my husband's industry would be nearly impossible to get a job without right-to-work sorted out and in hand, and then hopefully to move over with a job offer. We also then outlined our plan for moving, which was to live with my parents in the short-term as house-hunting locally would be far easier to sort out. My parents wrote a letter confirming our plan.

So that's what you need to do - you need to provide a clear outline of your game plan and what you plan to do both leading up to your move, and what you'll do when you get there.

Hope that helps!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kks1234 said:
Yeah, it's pretty standard. Some people get AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) while others hear nothing until sponsor approval.

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Graihn said:
Some people have been successful in seeing movement after ordering GCMS notes, including my self
Thanks Grahin! Do you know how that would help? GCMS is only a generated file!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
saeedar said:
Thanks Grahin! Do you know how that would help? GCMS is only a generated file!
It seems to generate a thought in somebody's head that maybe they should start looking at this application.. Lol

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
It seems to generate a thought in somebody's head that maybe they should start looking at this application.. Lol

I though only if you are in Canada you can order notes .How can i order my husbands who is outside of Canada.Do i need him to sign the consent form or me be his representative to order them.I was able to order mine the sponsor.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Is anyone interested in starting a London-Mississauga thread?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
taffy7 said:
I though only if you are in Canada you can order notes .How can i order my husbands who is outside of Canada.Do i need him to sign the consent form or me be his representative to order them.I was able to order mine the sponsor.
Order them like you did before but request the immigration file not the sponsor one

Include a signsed consent form from your husband , the notes will be sent to you

The consent form allows your husbands info to be sent to you since you are in canada

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
Decision made on my account!! Up at 2.45am looking after the baby and said I'd have a quick look.. Just incase! Ha! I only check 10 times a day... Hopefully it's not a decision made against me or anything. :)

Do they send an email now or something?

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
taffy7 said:
Hi Taffy, I've just ordered my husband's who is outside of Canada and I am the sponsor - I had him sign the consent form like you said and we are due hopefully to get ours next week if they stick to the 30 days - I'll let you know if we have any issues getting them