+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

prairiegirl22

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (via UK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 27-08-15, COPR: 20-11-15
Hello - how do I get added to the Timeline for Family Class in London spreadsheet?

Thanks for pulling this valuable information together!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
We received an AOR and SA approval notices by email today, despite the fact that the VO has been in touch with me already for almost a month, the CIC agent I spoke to said that they are processing both stage 1 and stage 2 simultaneously to save time. The plot thickens!
Our file was kept at Mississauga for Stage 2
The ROPR fee and additional requested documents were received on October 24th

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I received this in an email from CIC today:

Dear Applicant,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We can confirm that this file is now ready for visa issuance. We will shortly be sending out your COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) document to you in the post.

Please confirm your current mailing address so that it matches what we have on file for you.

ECAS still saying application received but finally some positive movement!! My medicals were extended until next September

jamestneutron

May 29, 2013
So excited! Got an email from London today!!

"Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your message.
I can confirm your medicals have been extended to the 27th October 2015, your Confirmation of Permanent Residency document will be sent to the address you provided tomorrow.
Kind regards,
REO"

ECAS still says "In Process"

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Brit_Immigrant said:

Dear Applicant,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We can confirm that this file is now ready for visa issuance. We will shortly be sending out your COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) document to you in the post.

Please confirm your current mailing address so that it matches what we have on file for you.

ECAS still saying application received but finally some positive movement!! My medicals were extended until next September
Awesome news, you have certainly waited long enough! That is fantastic and is the equivalent of DM, so congratulations! Keep an eye on the post now for your COPR, shouldn't take more than a week or two. REmember it's a signed-for doc coming from London, so keep an eye for a delivery slip!

jamestneutron said:
So excited! Got an email from London today!!

"Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your message.
I can confirm your medicals have been extended to the 27th October 2015, your Confirmation of Permanent Residency document will be sent to the address you provided tomorrow.
Kind regards,
REO"

ECAS still says "In Process"
Fantastic news, so pleased for you! Congratulations!

You are both now greenified on the spreadsheet! :)

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Brit_Immigrant said:

Dear Applicant,

Congrats Brit immigrant!!!!

I know you were waiting for a really long time, I'm happy you have finally got the news you deserve! :)

Jun 5, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Hey folks.

Got some good news yesterday. Our application had been sent to Mississauga for processing.
On September 17th, our application changed to in progress. We received an E-mail on October 27th, stating that our application has reached the final stage of processing. ECAS changed to decision made on October 27th.

A few interesting things to note:

Although ECAS showed us that we had decision made on SA, we never received an official letter or e-mail to tell us that Sponsorship Approval was approved. The CIC call centre confirmed that it had been approved and sent to Missisauga.

For final processing we were requested to submit the following documents.
1. Two recent passport photos as per Appendix A.
2. The Updated Information Chart: This just asked for passport details, height and eye colour of all accompanying family members as well as some contact info.
3. A photocopy of the personal information and photo page of the applicants passport.

The e-mail gave us the option of sending the documents to London, or sending them to Ottawa. Sending them to Ottawa was under the condition that the applicant and ALL of the accompanying family members were already in Canada, and would likely be there for the next 3 months. As we are currently living in Canada, we chose to send them to Ottawa.

We sent the documents and 2 prepaid envelopes to Ottawa via express post with tracking and next day delivery, along with the 2 requested prepaid envelopes. 3 pre-paid envelopes within Ontario came to the cost of $45! If you chose the option to send it to London, you do not need to attach stamps or buy a prepaid envelope.

I know some people have been debating whether to send 1 or 2 envelopes, we personally didn't want to take the risk at this stage of the application.

Hoping our COPR will come quickly now but at least we will be able to track it!

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Thanks everyone. Yep I has been quite the slog. Fortunately I have been living, studying and working in Canada with my common-law partner through the whole process but it is still an incredibly slow wait.

Still won't take anything for granted until I have that PR card in my hand!

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
We sent ours yesterday to Mississauga. When people say 'App filed' does that mean when Mississauga gets it or when London gets it after sponsor approval?

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Hi everybody,
In one month my application will pass the average processing time. Yesterday, MP told us that CIC says we should wait until end of January 2015, and if we did not hear anything from London we should call them again.

Is there something that I can do after passing the processing time to make them work faster on my case except sending email to them that my application has passed the average processing time which I am sure won't help.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
saeedar said:
Hi everybody,
In one month my application will pass the average processing time. Yesterday, MP told us that CIC says we should wait until end of January 2015, and if we did not hear anything from London we should call them again.

Is there something that I can do after passing the processing time to make them work faster on my case except sending email to them that my application has passed the average processing time which I am sure won't help.
Some people have been successful in seeing movement after ordering GCMS notes, including my self

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
We finally got our SA on October 27, 2014, please update the status. :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
All updates done, congrats across the board! :)

jmomcc said:
We sent ours yesterday to Mississauga. When people say 'App filed' does that mean when Mississauga gets it or when London gets it after sponsor approval?
App Filed means the day that Mississauga received thea pplication. I've added you to the spreadsheet, let me know the date it arrives in Mississauga and I'll update your line. :) Also let me know if you applied as Married or Common-Law, and where you are located (nearest major city is fine).

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Hi im new to the forum. Im still awaiting sponsorship approval in Mississauga (application received Aug14) and was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as us. Myself (sponsor) my husband and daughter are all living in the UK while we apply to Canada (i have dual citizenship, my husband and daughter are British). Have any other sponsors living outside Canada received approval yet? Also does anyone know if that would mean a longer than average waiting time for approval?

Many thanks for any help / advice.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kks1234 said:
Hi im new to the forum. Im still awaiting sponsorship approval in Mississauga (application received Aug14) and was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as us. Myself (sponsor) my husband and daughter are all living in the UK while we apply to Canada (i have dual citizenship, my husband and daughter are British). Have any other sponsors living outside Canada received approval yet? Also does anyone know if that would mean a longer than average waiting time for approval?

Many thanks for any help / advice.
The easiest way to check is to check the spreadsheet, which is linked in my signature. I've gone ahead and added you as well, just let mek now where you're located in Canada so I can fill that out more accurately (column N). I'd imagine you should be hearing sponsor approval any day now - note GIS geek, who applied a week before you, only heard today on his sponsor approval. I'd say give it another week or so, then email Mississauga to ask for an update since you're over the processing time.

Also, you say your daughter is British - are you sure she isn't Canadian already? How did you get your Canadian citizenship?