+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Becca_star said:
So we've had a bit of movement on our application this week. I had sent an enquiry about our file a few weeks ago and had an email back requesting us to provide some additional information. We were given the option to scan the documentation in and email or send it back in the post. Obviously I'd rather send it electronically but not sure if I can actually reply directly to the email I received or if I need to go back onto the website and submit the info that way. Has anyone else been in email communication with the re-london-im-enquiry email address?? Thanks!
Hey Becca_Star,

you can answer to the email they sent you, unless they have specified another email address. Good to see that they have opened your file!
GOod luck!
sarah2012 said:
They found my medical results!!! Hurrah! Now that they have found them, hopefully they'll deal with them before they expire (3rd Jan). Yay!!
I found out via eCAS stating, medical results received, this had not happened before :) Okay, well London have had my application since the end of June (and my medicals for longer than that!). So let us hope that they'll make a decision soon. I may have to pay for a new medical since this current medical expires soon, but hearing some news rather than nothing has put me in a good mood! :)
Indeed that's good news! I hope they can finalise everything before the new year, otherwise they might have already requested the extension of medicals ( they don't let you know about it, so it might be done already and you wouldn't know), so you won't have to do them again.... Fingers crossed it will go fast!
nmford said:
Nothing yesterday :(

I want this to end. I need to work in Canada. I have a 1.5 month old baby now.
I feel for you... Hope you hear something soon.... but ecas is not always on tuesday - mine was updated on a thursday, and looking at the spreadsheet it happens anytime... so fingers crossed you'll hear this week! would be a great Christmas present.

bonitanita said:
2 days ago I received an email from the Hampshire police saying that they have received my application. I was happy.

Now I can sit back and wait for good news.
Oh my! seems like a difficult process... hopefully that's the end for you! there's been so many obstacles along the way, incredible!!
Good luck - it's coming soon!
Sweden

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
R151NG5UN said:
Hey guys,

Just to let you know, I landed in Calgary last Wednesday and was ushered to the immigration hall, where I met with a CBSA official. It was a relatively painless process and they were very polite, through and tried to get me through the process as quick as possible. It took about 35-45 minutes to see a CBSA official and fill out the relevant paperwork and I was then showed the way to a customs official who verified my goods that I shipped and gave me some bar codes that she attached to my B4 paperwork. My goods arrived in Calgary the day after I flew on to Edmonton, Customs wont release the goods without me heading back to Calgary with the official paperwork and those bar codes issued to me by the customs official. So I have a day trip tomorrow with my FIL to go and try and collect these goods, fingers crossed.

As for SIN, Driver licence, Alberta health care, Opening a Canadian bank account. First thing you need to do is to head for the nearest Canada services centre to receive your SIN (this seems to be the very first thing you need and the others cant be done without this unless you have been living in Canada previously). Once I received my SIN, I headed for my local Alberta registration centre, where I surrendered my UK driving licence and had it exchanged for a AB licence. They needed the SIN number to do this because this was my ONLY form of paperwork that showed my residency barring my COPR paperwork. Once you have that SIN showing your residential address you can also apply for Alberta healthcare (those heading in to AB obviously) and I believe it is immediate, I am going to do this later on today. I believe opening a bank account is relatively straight forward also but you will need your COPR at the very least.

I was told by Canada services that the paperwork you are issued by CIC when they grant your COPR is very very important as it is the ONLY document that tells you EXACTLY when you entered the country and when you go to receive your pension in the future this piece of paperwork is the only piece that has exactly the date you entered and thus they will know exactly what you are entitled to. Even the PR card "apparently" only has year of entry and not the exact dates. I was told that this paperwork will be needed in say 30 years time so make sure even when you receive your PR card that you store the original PR paperwork safely.

Fingers crossed for you guys and hope to hear some happy news in the coming days :D

Congrats on a successful landing! And thanks for this information on what to do in AB, this will be useful when I eventually land in Edmonton!!!

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
So I finally got a reply today after having sent in extra documentation a million years ago.

Is this good or bad? They say hear back, not a decision made :-\

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Pleased be advised that your documents have been received and that they are still with the Immigration Officer under review. Having spoken to the Immigration Officer dealing with your file, they have advised me that you can expect to hear back from us in mid January.

We apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience.

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
nmford said:
So I finally got a reply today after having sent in extra documentation a million years ago.

Pleased be advised that your documents have been received and that they are still with the Immigration Officer under review. Having spoken to the Immigration Officer dealing with your file, they have advised me that you can expect to hear back from us in mid January.

Well maybe they say "hear back" because they can't say that until the decision has been made and it's 100%.
When they say mid January, I wonder if that's when ppl will start getting COPRs again after Xmas.. Another month away :(
Fingers crossed for you that you hear before that!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
nmford said:

Usually, no news is good news. With cic, I disagree... any news is progress! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
nmford said:

Well - it looks quite positive to me! it's actually a personalized answer and not a generic one (your file is under review bla bla blah), you know that the documents made it, and you know that there is already an officer assigned to your file! IF they had needed more information from you they would have asked you already, so it looks like they have all they need to take a decision on your file... and they apologized for the delay - quite unheard of from CIC! :) and at least you know how much longer you will have to wait - 3 more weeks more or less, which is a lot, but compared to how much you've already waited - you're almost done! and it makes it easier to wait ( at least I suppose) when you know when the deadline is, rather than thinking "it might be tomorrow"... it's still torture - I agree - but at least you know when it will end! :)
Good luck,
Sweden

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
nmford said:

Well it is better than the alternative of not hearing anything back. At least now you have some sort of timeline as opposed to the dreaded "in process"...receiving a timeline and apology is probably more than I expect to hear from my e-mail enquiry.

How long was it between sending and hearing back from them? Seems your file has been dragged out far too long..

M

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Has no one received COPR in 11 days?! they really do slow down this time of year eh?!

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Not a sausage!! :eek:
I'm at 20.5 weeks and no request for PP or anything else....even an interview right now would be a relief!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Forester2000 said:
Not a sausage!! :eek:
I'm at 20.5 weeks and no request for PP or anything else....even an interview right now would be a relief!
You can apply for GCMS notes to get an idea of what's going on.

I'm not sure about this, but I have a suspicion that sometimes having the GCMS notes pulled from the system spurs them to action if they've forgotten about a file. My wife and I ordered our notes on November 13, they were pulled on November 23, and our file went in process on November 27. Byt he time we received the notes, on December 13, we already had "Decision Made."

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Thanks Fege...did you order email GCMS notes or hard copy? I've heard that if you order a hard copy your notes have to be sent back to Ottawa and this can delay the process...ordering email GCMS notes is faster and won't delay the process.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
frege said:
You can apply for GCMS notes to get an idea of what's going on.

I'm not sure about this, but I have a suspicion that sometimes having the GCMS notes pulled from the system spurs them to action if they've forgotten about a file. My wife and I ordered our notes on November 13, they were pulled on November 23, and our file went in process on November 27. Byt he time we received the notes, on December 13, we already had "Decision Made."
How to order GCMS notes ? Can you provide the link?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Forester2000 said:
Thanks Fege...did you order email GCMS notes or hard copy? I've heard that if you order a hard copy your notes have to be sent back to Ottawa and this can delay the process...ordering email GCMS notes is faster and won't delay the process.
We ordered the GCMS notes by email. We received them by email exactly 30 days after we ordered them, which is the time limit. Nothing will be slowed down if you ask for your "electronic file."

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
shanmba1174 said:
How to order GCMS notes ? Can you provide the link?
Read the information here, including the links at the bottom:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp