+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
tamarindball said:
Hi Sweden
I hope you can help. I posted this somewhere before b ut hadn't got a response. Having got AOR and UCI # i tried to access ECAS and after putting in bio info the next page said:
If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.
Note: Once you withdraw your consent, your application status and address information will no longer be available on the Internet. Learn about other ways of receiving information about the processing and status of your application and updating your address information by contacting us.

We don't want to remove the ability to view so we bypassed that and just clicked on submit but it took us back to the above page. Just wondered if anyone else had that experience and if so, what are we to do or why that is so?
Normally when you log in ecas, you can see something there, Either "application received" or "in process", or "decision made". It's on these underlined words that you need to click (without touching the "remove the ability etc, and without checking the little box) to see the next screen. Does that work for you ?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
mic_midd86 said:
Hi, hoping someone can help? We got stage 1 on 6/12/12 and can log on to ecas, on this it says
Sponsorship application- decision made
Permanent resident application - application received and medicals received.
My question is, is this confirmation that London has my file? Also the date on sponsorship app is the same for Pr app?
No, we had that too, before the Paris office received our file. Mississauga or Ottawa can add "medicals received"; we saw in our GCMS notes that Ottawa added that the medicals were passed.

What it means is that the file is *supposed to* be transferred to London now, not that it already has been. In our case the file was transferred one week after sponsorship approval and received in Paris one week after that.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
frege said:
No, we had that too, before the Paris office received our file. Mississauga or Ottawa can add "medicals received"; we saw in our GCMS notes that Ottawa added that the medicals were passed.

What it means is that the file is *supposed to* be transferred to London now, not that it already has been. In our case the file was transferred one week after sponsorship approval and received in Paris one week after that.
thanks for the clarification!
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
I just have a question.. Some of you guys have said when you log onto ecas you can see details of both the sponsorship stage and the PR stage. Our lawyer sent us an update with the screenshot of it too and she can see the same info. However, when I log onto ecas with the application number, all I can see is our mailing address and "permanent residence application status". Why can't I see the other info?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
sfeire said:
I just have a question.. Some of you guys have said when you log onto ecas you can see details of both the sponsorship stage and the PR stage. Our lawyer sent us an update with the screenshot of it too and she can see the same info. However, when I log onto ecas with the application number, all I can see is our mailing address and "permanent residence application status". Why can't I see the other info?
Perhaps they are using the sponsorship details - name date of birth etc and UCI number which was sent with the Sponsorship AOR (8 Digit number)...try that

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Are there any London VO applicants before July, who have not had a COPR, that are not active on this forum anymore? This could make a huge difference to the stats on the spread sheet?

Becca_star

Sep 29, 2012
So we've had a bit of movement on our application this week. I had sent an enquiry about our file a few weeks ago and had an email back requesting us to provide some additional information. We were given the option to scan the documentation in and email or send it back in the post. Obviously I'd rather send it electronically but not sure if I can actually reply directly to the email I received or if I need to go back onto the website and submit the info that way. Has anyone else been in email communication with the re-london-im-enquiry email address?? Thanks!

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
They found my medical results!!! Hurrah! Now that they have found them, hopefully they'll deal with them before they expire (3rd Jan). Yay!!
I found out via eCAS stating, medical results received, this had not happened before :) Okay, well London have had my application since the end of June (and my medicals for longer than that!). So let us hope that they'll make a decision soon. I may have to pay for a new medical since this current medical expires soon, but hearing some news rather than nothing has put me in a good mood! :)

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Nothing yesterday :(

I want this to end. I need to work in Canada. I have a 1.5 month old baby now.

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
frege said:
Most banks want the COPR, but not all. Basically, there's a law that says that anybody who walks into a bank with certain pieces of ID is entitled to open a bank account. With a COPR, you're fine, but a visitor record will do too. That's a minimum, and it doesn't mean that all banks have to be that strict. My wife and I opened a joint account at CIBC when she was still just a visitor. All she needed was her UK driver's licence and UK passport. CIBC and Royal Bank are good for this kind of thing, but not other banks, it seems.

In any case, welcome to Canada!
I had this. Issue when I moved to Canada without a COPR. The solution I found was to open an HSBC account in the UK if you haven't already got one. As they're a global bank it made the process of opening an HSBC account in Canada very straightforward, less than an hour and very little paperwork as I was an account holder already.

Hope that helps.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
2 days ago I received an email from the Hampshire police saying that they have received my application. I was happy.

Then, yesterday they called me and said there is a problem with my address. I am here in Canada in a rural area and we live in the middle of nowhere so our address is a po box. They said they need a physical address. I told them there is not one. We can't even get FedEx to deliver here. She said "well, what would you say if you had to call the fire brigade?" I told her that it is a small community. There is no fire brigade. There are volunteers and I would call one and tell them whose house this is and they would know.

Anyway, she said it is not acceptable and cannot continue my application without a physical address. So, I just said well, write "main road" since this is the main road and use the box number as the house number. She said ok and then emailed me saying that she needed proof (2) that I live at **** Main Road. WTF? Impossible.

I went to the bank, they could not help me. I went to the police station here 40 minutes away and asked them for their advice and they couldn't help either.

It is so ridiculous that they would not accept our po box address even though I had already sent them proof that I live here (driving license and bank statement).

I was freaking out and just felt like giving up. This is the last step (hopefully) until I get my copr.

I got myself together and texted my mum in London. Asked her to get my HSBC and Nationwide statements from home, take a pic of them and text them to me. I then sent those to ACRO and told them that even though I am not physically at that address now, it is still my permanent address at the moment.

This morning I woke up to an email:

Dear Miss *****

Thank you for your email

I can confirm that we have now received your Proofs of Address and can now continue with your Police Certificate

Yours Sincerely

WHAT A RELIEF!

Now I can sit back and wait for good news.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
bonitanita said:
2 days ago I received an email from the Hampshire police saying that they have received my application. I was happy.

Then, yesterday they called me and said there is a problem with my address. I am here in Canada in a rural area and we live in the middle of nowhere so our address is a po box. They said they need a physical address. I told them there is not one. We can't even get FedEx to deliver here. She said "well, what would you say if you had to call the fire brigade?" I told her that it is a small community. There is no fire brigade. There are volunteers and I would call one and tell them whose house this is and they would know.

Anyway, she said it is not acceptable and cannot continue my application without a physical address. So, I just said well, write "main road" since this is the main road and use the box number as the house number. She said ok and then emailed me saying that she needed proof (2) that I live at **** Main Road. WTF? Impossible.

I went to the bank, they could not help me. I went to the police station here 40 minutes away and asked them for their advice and they couldn't help either.

It is so ridiculous that they would not accept our po box address even though I had already sent them proof that I live here (driving license and bank statement).

I was freaking out and just felt like giving up. This is the last step (hopefully) until I get my copr.

I got myself together and texted my mum in London. Asked her to get my HSBC and Nationwide statements from home, take a pic of them and text them to me. I then sent those to ACRO and told them that even though I am not physically at that address now, it is still my permanent address at the moment.

This morning I woke up to an email:

Dear Miss *****

Thank you for your email

I can confirm that we have now received your Proofs of Address and can now continue with your Police Certificate

Yours Sincerely

WHAT A RELIEF!

Now I can sit back and wait for good news.
You are really being made to jump through all the hoops aren't you??? You're doing so well to keep it all together - keep smiling, it can't be much longer now!!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
Most of the time, London doesn't answer to confirm that they have received the extra documents (they never did for me). But you can always try, explaining that the tracking number shows that it is stuck at the border but you don't see why etc etc... try sending a Case specific enquiry through their website, here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you!
Yeah we are going to email them just to be safe and hopefully they will reply.

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
temmyt said:
Hey chopstick try royalmail website for tracking. When I sent my additional stuff, it kept saying in transit and then @ the bottom of the canadapost site it said to check the country of destination. I check royalmail with my Canadian tracking# and it showed me it was delivered along with the signature n time rec'd @ the London VO.
[/quote

Thank you for helping. We are trying that, but it doesn't seem to work for us.
We are still gonna keep trying and also will email them about our issue.

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
sarah2012 said:
They found my medical results!!! Hurrah! Now that they have found them, hopefully they'll deal with them before they expire (3rd Jan). Yay!!
I found out via eCAS stating, medical results received, this had not happened before :) Okay, well London have had my application since the end of June (and my medicals for longer than that!). So let us hope that they'll make a decision soon. I may have to pay for a new medical since this current medical expires soon, but hearing some news rather than nothing has put me in a good mood! :)
Keep my fingers crossed for you! :)