+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
johare12 said:
Yay congrats! This gives me hope :)

I don't think it would hurt to add in some extra photos if you went to some more important family events or something!
I'm wondering if we will be asked for additional documents too as we lived together in Canada for 10 months then went back to Scotland as I had a final year of Uni to complete so lived together in my parents house as financially it made sense at the time! But now we have been living in Canada together for 3 months. Going back to Scotland in two weeks though. Our landlords weren't very professional as it was month by month should I get them to make up a document stating we rented for 3 months just incase CIC request more?
(Also have a new joint Canadian account, maybe I should get proof if that gathered just in case!)

Hi Johare,

hopefully yours will be sorted soon too!! :D

Our landlord wasn't super professional either, but i had him make up a statement of account showing all of our payments and printed off all of our statements from when we moved in together and highlighted the rent payment to show the corresponding amount. It certainly wouldn't hurt to get the document from your landlord, at least then you have it ready to send if they ask for more info, and yes, definitely print off all of your bank statements to bring them a little more update...doesn't hurt right?

CIC stated they wanted to see a 'lease renewal' which, in Ontario isn't usually the case as your lease defaults to month by month after your lease ends unless you choose to renew, so i had him explain that in the letter also.

I'll keep you posted :)

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Laurenhannah said:
Hi Johare,

Our landlord wasn't super professional either, but i had him make up a statement of account showing all of our payments and printed off all of our statements from when we moved in together and highlighted the rent payment to show the corresponding amount. It certainly wouldn't hurt to get the document from your landlord, at least then you have it ready to send if they ask for more info, and yes, definitely print off all of your bank statements to bring them a little more update...doesn't hurt right?

CIC stated they wanted to see a 'lease renewal' which, in Ontario isn't usually the case as your lease defaults to month by month after your lease ends unless you choose to renew, so i had him explain that in the letter also.

Great! Hope it works out for you and they don't ask for any more!

I think I will get everything ready in case they do ask for some more documents then I have them ready to go :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
johare12 said:
Great! Hope it works out for you and they don't ask for any more!

I think I will get everything ready in case they do ask for some more documents then I have them ready to go :)
Seems like a good plan indeed, better safe than sorry! maybe just by preparing for it you will avoid being asked! :) but for sure it will be less stressful if you are asked for something and you have already prepared for it... especially when it's holidays time soon and it might be more difficult to get hold of landlords, banks etc...

Laurenhannah said:
Hi Johare,

I would say include a few pictures if you have them but don't go over the top! :) if they had doubts about your relationship they would have asked for that as well, and apparently they are not concerned with this part, but more with the fact that you actually live together. so - add a few pictures to update them, but you don't want to delay the issuance of the COPR with a full explanation of your relationship! :)
Good luck - hope you hear back from them soon, but it seems like you are on tracks now, should not be too long!
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Congrats LaurenHannah and hope your processing is super fast. It looks like CIC might be heading in to August's received application now. Hopefully Johare, yours will also go "in process" or even better straight "DM"

Wishing you guys the best of luck and hope it is done for Xmas. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sfeire said:
Hello!

As a newbie to this thread I just wanted to say hello. It's a very frustrating process we are all going through.. I for one cannot wait for all visa worries to be a distant memory and to be able to get on with life!

My husband is sponsoring me. We are both Irish citizens and he got his PR through the FSW (plumber).
Our application was received June 20th 2012, sponsorship approval on August 27th 2012 and nothing since.

We hired a lawyer as our case was a little complicated and it was worth it. Our lawyer said after we got the sponsorship approval to not expect to hear anything for at least 3 months as it takes London awhile to update.
We are about 3 months now.

I am living in Canada with my husband but am only on a visitors visa so am unable to work. I do have a job offer as I had worked for 2yrs on working holiday visas.

I hope, like all of you, to hear something soon. :)
Welcome to the thread, and feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet if you feel like it, the link is in my signature, and it's open for all to edit.
Good luck on the application - I'm also in Canada and landed last saturday so I can now officially look for work etc, makes a whole difference this PR thing! :)
Sweden

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
R151NG5UN said:
Congrats LaurenHannah and hope your processing is super fast. It looks like CIC might be heading in to August's received application now. Hopefully Johare, yours will also go "in process" or even better straight "DM"

Straight to DM would be the best Christmas gift ever!

But I am going to prepare everything just incase, and like Sweden said maybe that will mean I won't get asked!

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Sweden said:
Seems like a good plan indeed, better safe than sorry! maybe just by preparing for it you will avoid being asked! :) but for sure it will be less stressful if you are asked for something and you have already prepared for it... especially when it's holidays time soon and it might be more difficult to get hold of landlords, banks etc...

I would say include a few pictures if you have them but don't go over the top! :) if they had doubts about your relationship they would have asked for that as well, and apparently they are not concerned with this part, but more with the fact that you actually live together. so - add a few pictures to update them, but you don't want to delay the issuance of the COPR with a full explanation of your relationship! :)
Good luck - hope you hear back from them soon, but it seems like you are on tracks now, should not be too long!
Sweden
Thanks so much Sweden. I have about 10 pics i am just going to add in there for the sake of it! It would be the best pressie if we had it before christmas! Hope you're settling in well :)

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
R151NG5UN said:

Thanks RISINGSUN! Be lovely to be sorted by xmas so fingers crossed! Bet you are looking forward to a lovely christmas with your family! :)

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Would certainly not be a Christmas to be forgotten!

I am stressed right now as we need to move out our apartment tomorrow! And packing everything up is a bigger job than I expected especially since my boyfriends working out if town! Staying with friends until our flight home on the 12th then need a new apartment for January. Been looking on pad mapper a lot which has been really useful! :)

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Laurenhannah said:
Thanks RISINGSUN! Be lovely to be sorted by xmas so fingers crossed! Bet you are looking forward to a lovely christmas with your family! :)
Yeah I am Lauren, cant wait. Still holding off on booking the flights until my COPR shows up early next week hopefully. I am homeless on the 13th anyway so point of no return even if the COPR is not here lol. I am so excited, bet you are also. If I am to ship stuff I have to have the COPR by next Friday at the latest, so I am a litte anxious lol. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
R151NG5UN said:
Yeah I am Lauren, cant wait. Still holding off on booking the flights until my COPR shows up early next week hopefully. I am homeless on the 13th anyway so point of no return even if the COPR is not here lol. I am so excited, bet you are also. If I am to ship stuff I have to have the COPR by next Friday at the latest, so I am a litte anxious lol. :D
I think you can ship stuff even without it - because customs clearance is done at the point of entry, so maybe the company can still arrange the pick up, and you can scan the COPR later on to them - and you will have to do the clearance yourself in Canada with the COPR in hand... at least that was my experience - the company we used first said that they will take care of everything and deliver to the door, but it turned out to be not true! :) I had to go to a custom office ( I didn't need to go to the warehouse where things were held), with the packing list, clear customs, and then fax the clearance to the warehouse before they released the boxes...
Good luck!
Sweden

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Sweden said:
I think you can ship stuff even without it - because customs clearance is done at the point of entry, so maybe the company can still arrange the pick up, and you can scan the COPR later on to them - and you will have to do the clearance yourself in Canada with the COPR in hand... at least that was my experience - the company we used first said that they will take care of everything and deliver to the door, but it turned out to be not true! :) I had to go to a custom office ( I didn't need to go to the warehouse where things were held), with the packing list, clear customs, and then fax the clearance to the warehouse before they released the boxes...
Good luck!
Sweden
The same thing happened to us!! We had to go to the customs office and pick up our stuff from the warehouse!! It's a good thing my brother (and his truck) were visiting at the time. I started writi a complaint letter, but then couldn't be bothered because we were in Canada and that's all that mattered! So lazy :D

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
Hello Everyone! Well I think I am still in shock, but I just checked ecas and it says decision made! They started processing my application on nov 26th and decision made today!! I am definitely in shock as my hands are literally shaking as I type this! You check ecas several times a day always hoping to see decision made, but when you finally see it you have to take a double look! I guess I now join the mail man stalker group, but hopefully it wont be too long and then we can have a nice December trip across the boarder to land officially! As a reminder our application was received on April 27th and sent to London on August 2nd, so by looking at the spreadsheet it shouldn't be too long until a lot more of us finally finish this process!! Good luck to you all, and I will still keep everyone posted on landing etc :eek:)

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Canuckwannabe said:
Hello Everyone! Well I think I am still in shock, but I just checked ecas and it says decision made! They started processing my application on nov 26th and decision made today!! I am definitely in shock as my hands are literally shaking as I type this! You check ecas several times a day always hoping to see decision made, but when you finally see it you have to take a double look! I guess I now join the mail man stalker group, but hopefully it wont be too long and then we can have a nice December trip across the boarder to land officially! As a reminder our application was received on April 27th and sent to London on August 2nd, so by looking at the spreadsheet it shouldn't be too long until a lot more of us finally finish this process!! Good luck to you all, and I will still keep everyone posted on landing etc :eek:)

Congrats!!!! :D

How they can have this done but still be processing my app is beyond me.

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Canuckwannabe said:
woohoo!! Big conrgratulations!!!! ;D

We are in process at the mo too, sponsorship approval august 8 so looks like they're making a start on us August bunch!!