+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
As for the discounts, the last 1 they had, expired on Nov 4th. I doubt with it being peak season, they will issue another 1. Most likely what will happen is, come January they will issue a new promo code. The old code I had was Explore Canada
Hi Rising Sun,

Afraid you are very much correct regarding the discount codes, I can't find anything and suppose there won't be any now until late January at the earliest.

It does seem like the prices you quoted are the best value combinations available as Canadian Affair list their best prices by date here:

http://www.canadianaffair.com/en/flight-special-offers/

which pretty much matches what you have.

I think I got lucky with my flight as I bought it nearly 3 months in advance- my application is not as far along as yours but we were always agreed that spending Christmas apart wasn't an option for us for a 3rd year in a row.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
bonitanita said:
Update:

For those who don't know, we got sponsor approval on July 25th. However, in Oct, I found out that my file was never sent to London. Since then, I have called CIC twice weekly and have not been given ANY information.

I contacted the local MP here last Monday. I got a call back today asking for some information. They are communicating with someone in Ottawa to try to get some information regarding my case.

Fingers crossed it leads to something.
Hey bonitanita,

I was thinking about you today and was wondering how you were doing. Good that your MP got back to you, I hope you get more information from him soon, so you have an idea of where you file is... today there was a thread with a similar story (no sponsor approval communicated, and the person found out after 8 months that they had "forgotten" about her file - now she is sponsor-approved and hope her file is on its way to VO, but no guarantee), I really hope that you get preferential treatment when you get to london...
Good luck, fingers crossed you'll hear back, and let us know how are things going.
Cheers,
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
An update on my file.

I received an E-mail from London VO which says.

Good morning,

Thank you for the information. Your application will soon be approved and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form will be issued and mailed. Please confirm that the documents should be mailed to XXXXXXXX , XXXX if they are issued and mailed before 12th of December.

Regards,
CDD.

I Guess that means the end is very near for me after exactly 6 months. Nothing left to do but wait for the mail man to arrive with the documents. My medicals had expired and I will update what expiry they give me on the documents when I receive them.

Hope everybody else hears very soon. Good luck.

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Hello Everyone,

Well we finally got our PR approve on Monday November 25th. We had to re-send in the entire application, along with new photos and a new UK police check whcih was all non-refundable even though they lost the info not us.

Anyways, they are sending us the papers and once they arrive we just need to take a trip to the border to flag pole it and activate the PR. We are so happy and relieved that this is all over for us.

I wish everyone else still going through the process all the best, be strong as the wait is terrible, but the reward at the end is soooo worth it.

cheers

Caddboy

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Good morning! We reeived our shipping yesterday and had to go to Kamloops Airport Customs office to clear our goods. The very pleasent lady asked to see my documents and wanted to know the status of my wife. I told her a decision has been made by London Visa office last week but I do not know the outcome. She smiled and said that is rather poor..."please wait one moment sir, ill find out what that decision is!" Rather sick to my stomach for those few moments, she did verify my wife was accepted as a PR and documents she be here within two weeks!!!! Hooorrrraaaayyy!! ITS NICE TO KNOW THAT SHE ACKNOWLEDGED HOW POOR IT WAS THAT THEY DID NOT SEND US A EMAIL TO LET US KNOW!

Look forward to a shopping trip accross the border and get my Mrs's landed here in Canada! Good Luck to everyone waiting for London's snail pace process to be completed.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Herjeet said:
Good morning! We reeived our shipping yesterday and had to go to Kamloops Airport Customs office to clear our goods. The very pleasent lady asked to see my documents and wanted to know the status of my wife. I told her a decision has been made by London Visa office last week but I do not know the outcome. She smiled and said that is rather poor..."please wait one moment sir, ill find out what that decision is!" Rather sick to my stomach for those few moments, she did verify my wife was accepted as a PR and documents she be here within two weeks!!!! Hooorrrraaaayyy!! ITS NICE TO KNOW THAT SHE ACKNOWLEDGED HOW POOR IT WAS THAT THEY DID NOT SEND US A EMAIL TO LET US KNOW!

Look forward to a shopping trip accross the border and get my Mrs's landed here in Canada! Good Luck to everyone waiting for London's snail pace process to be completed.
That's great news!!!

claire_09

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2012
Doc's Request.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
16/05/2013
R151NG5UN said:
An update on my file.

Good morning,

Thank you for the information. Your application will soon be approved and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form will be issued and mailed. Please confirm that the documents should be mailed to XXXXXXXX , XXXX if they are issued and mailed before 12th of December.

Regards,
CDD.

I Guess that means the end is very near for me after exactly 6 months. Nothing left to do but wait for the mail man to arrive with the documents. My medicals had expired and I will update what expiry they give me on the documents when I receive them.

Congrats...pleased your journey is coming to an end :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
R151NG5UN said:
An update on my file.

Good morning,

Regards,
CDD.

Yeah! congrats, it's over! :) nice to know.... I guess it complicates a little buying flights etc, but at least you know it is over! enjoy the good feeling! and don't stalk the postman (at least - not too much!).
Sweden

Caddboy said:
Hello Everyone,

Well we finally got our PR approve on Monday November 25th. We had to re-send in the entire application, along with new photos and a new UK police check whcih was all non-refundable even though they lost the info not us.

Anyways, they are sending us the papers and once they arrive we just need to take a trip to the border to flag pole it and activate the PR. We are so happy and relieved that this is all over for us.

I wish everyone else still going through the process all the best, be strong as the wait is terrible, but the reward at the end is soooo worth it.

cheers

Caddboy
Hey Caddboy,

Good to hear from you, was wondering how you were doing... after they lost your application. Glad to hear it's over for you as well, looks like the spreadsheet is becoming more red by the day...
Congrats!
Sweden

Herjeet said:

Congrats Herjeet, and nice from the CBSA officer to go and check! well, I didn't have much doubts that you were accepted, but well - there is always a tiny voice that says "what if" ... so it's nice to know!

seems like a good day for London today, hope it continues like this!
Sweden

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Lots of great news today! :D
That is awesome, really happy for all of you! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Picturesque said:
How do we know if our file has already been transferred to London VO or not?

you don't.... unless London sends you an email about it, but it's rare... they seem to only do it when the applicant is going to Quebec because there is an added step for Quebec-based sponsors, so London sends an email to make sure that they are aware of it.
But in general - if you can login into ecas and see"medicals have been received" it's a rather certain proof that your file is in London and your medicals have been matched with it.
However - if you don't see the "medicals have been received" line, it doesn't mean that your file is not there... it just means that ecas is not updated - which is a common thing...
Good luck,
Sweden

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
R151NG5UN said:
An update on my file.

Good morning,

Regards,
CDD.

That is great news :) Congrats...seems that your expired meds didn't not have a huge effect then..can only hope ours isn't far behind. Crazy how this approval process works given we are technically ahead of a lot people who have been approved already..

M

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
Picturesque said:
How do we know if our file has already been transferred to London VO or not?
I actually called CIC and just pleasantly asked if they could confirm what date my file was transferred. I said the only reason I was calling is that I am part of a discussion board and several people had talked about how their files had gone missing when being sent to the LVO so I just wanted to be sure they had received it. He was very pleasant and answered my question quickly.

M

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
mirage1964 said:
That is great news :) Congrats...seems that your expired meds didn't not have a huge effect then..can only hope ours isn't far behind. Crazy how this approval process works given we are technically ahead of a lot people who have been approved already..

M
Hey M,

Well they E-mailed me 23rd October and said my file was in a queue to be reviewed and the next day they E-mailed me saying it was under review. So I assume maybe on that date they realised they were virtually expired and at that point they made the extension request (would be logical but nothing with CIC is logical) and then spent the next few weeks reviewing my application. Once I see the paperwork (which I am not expecting till Friday/ Saturday at the earliest, more likely Mon-Wed next week) I shall see what they have done and when the Visa expires.

I see that you went in process 4 days before me, so hopefully yours is done. Only reason I know mine is virtually done is because I E-mailed them, telling them on December 12th not to send the COPR to my address but my wife's after that date. So I guess they were trying to confirm exactly what address to send the COPR too.

Hopefully this week yours will be with you :D