+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Sweden said:
Yeah! congrats, it's over! :) nice to know.... I guess it complicates a little buying flights etc, but at least you know it is over! enjoy the good feeling! and don't stalk the postman (at least - not too much!).
Sweden
Hey Sweden,

Thanks for that. It doesn't really complicate too much because I had already signed contracts for a new tenant to move in to my place on December 13th, so I was homeless as of the 12th anyways lol. I guess the only complication now is how soon the document arrives, so I can have it with me for my flight and hopefully a week before I leave so I can fill out the B4A forms and ship my goods. lol :D

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Hey everyone, glad to see some more people getting COPR's! Looks like things are really moving. We are leaving tomorrow from Gatwick and heading to Calgary to begin our new life in Northern Alberta! Looking forward to Timbits and Momma Burgers! All the best to everyone, hope that you all have a great holiday season!! xx

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
bryandd said:
Hey everyone, glad to see some more people getting COPR's! Looks like things are really moving. We are leaving tomorrow from Gatwick and heading to Calgary to begin our new life in Northern Alberta! Looking forward to Timbits and Momma Burgers! All the best to everyone, hope that you all have a great holiday season!! xx
Congratulations!! Are you staying in Calgary for a while?

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Canooknic said:
Congratulations!! Are you staying in Calgary for a while?
Hiya, nope we land in Cowtown and then one of our relatives is picking us up, and then getting us straight back to Stony Plain tomorrow night!! Can't wait!!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
bryandd said:
Hiya, nope we land in Cowtown and then one of our relatives is picking us up, and then getting us straight back to Stony Plain tomorrow night!! Can't wait!!
Well welcome to Stony for tomorrow!! Have a safe trip, unfortunately it's supposed to be snowing all day tomorrow :(
Maybe I'll see you at Timmys one day!! I'll be the one with a 4yr old Batman in a blue Next puffa-jacket and his brother is a bright yellow one - you can't miss us!!! ;D

mirage1964

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-12
AOR Received.
27-06-12 LVO "in process" 15-11-12
File Transfer...
27-06-12
Med's Done....
01-11-11
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
R151NG5UN said:
Hey M,

Well they E-mailed me 23rd October and said my file was in a queue to be reviewed and the next day they E-mailed me saying it was under review. So I assume maybe on that date they realised they were virtually expired and at that point they made the extension request (would be logical but nothing with CIC is logical) and then spent the next few weeks reviewing my application. Once I see the paperwork (which I am not expecting till Friday/ Saturday at the earliest, more likely Mon-Wed next week) I shall see what they have done and when the Visa expires.

I see that you went in process 4 days before me, so hopefully yours is done. Only reason I know mine is virtually done is because I E-mailed them, telling them on December 12th not to send the COPR to my address but my wife's after that date. So I guess they were trying to confirm exactly what address to send the COPR too.

Hopefully this week yours will be with you :D
Thanks R151NG5UN...hmm..I have not received an e-mail? All that happened was our e-cas changed from application received to "in-process" on Nov 19 but effective Nov 15th...

Maybe an e-mail might be in order to get some feedback..

M

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
R151NG5UN said:
An update on my file.

I received an E-mail from London VO which says.

Good morning,

Thank you for the information. Your application will soon be approved and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form will be issued and mailed. Please confirm that the documents should be mailed to XXXXXXXX , XXXX if they are issued and mailed before 12th of December.

Regards,
CDD.

I Guess that means the end is very near for me after exactly 6 months. Nothing left to do but wait for the mail man to arrive with the documents. My medicals had expired and I will update what expiry they give me on the documents when I receive them.

Hope everybody else hears very soon. Good luck.
Congrats, great news! All the best with your new life in Canada

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
I'm getting bored of this now.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
nmford said:
I'm getting bored of this now.
yeah I can imagine... but you should hear really soon now... hope whatever is holding your file has been cleared and you can get the COPR and start your life in Canada...
Good luck - hang in there, you're almost done (and you have done most of it for sure - every day passing is one day closer to getting the COPR...)
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Hello!

As a newbie to this thread I just wanted to say hello. It's a very frustrating process we are all going through.. I for one cannot wait for all visa worries to be a distant memory and to be able to get on with life!

My husband is sponsoring me. We are both Irish citizens and he got his PR through the FSW (plumber).
Our application was received June 20th 2012, sponsorship approval on August 27th 2012 and nothing since.

We hired a lawyer as our case was a little complicated and it was worth it. Our lawyer said after we got the sponsorship approval to not expect to hear anything for at least 3 months as it takes London awhile to update.
We are about 3 months now.

I am living in Canada with my husband but am only on a visitors visa so am unable to work. I do have a job offer as I had worked for 2yrs on working holiday visas.

I hope, like all of you, to hear something soon. :)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
sfeire said:
Hello!

As a newbie to this thread I just wanted to say hello. It's a very frustrating process we are all going through.. I for one cannot wait for all visa worries to be a distant memory and to be able to get on with life!

My husband is sponsoring me. We are both Irish citizens and he got his PR through the FSW (plumber).
Our application was received June 20th 2012, sponsorship approval on August 27th 2012 and nothing since.

We hired a lawyer as our case was a little complicated and it was worth it. Our lawyer said after we got the sponsorship approval to not expect to hear anything for at least 3 months as it takes London awhile to update.

I am living in Canada with my husband but am only on a visitors visa so am unable to work. I do have a job offer as I had worked for 2yrs on working holiday visas.

Welcome!
Hopefully you will hear some thing soon. Where abouts are you living?

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
sfeire said:
Hello!

Oh it all sounds so familiar. Ours was rcvd May 2. SP approval was on July 25th. On Oct 18th, still hadn't heard anything. I got concerned and emailed London and they said they never rcvd my file. I called CIC and they said it's still in Mississauga. Since then, I've called back several times and had no update. They said they have no further information for me yet and to call back in a few weeks.

I don't mean to worry you but IT IS worth emailing London yourself just to at least make sure that they have your file. If you have your file number, log into ECAS with it (not the UCI). If it works, you should be fine. If not, email London saying you can't log in with your file number and they should be able to respond to that.

Good luck

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
sfeire said:
Hello!

PS - I am on a visitor visa too here in Canada and I know how shitty the situation is just to wait around and not know anything.

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Finally we are in process! :D

Got an e-mail from London this morning.They need some additional documents regarding us living together... i was a bit iffy on this before we sent our application as we had technically been 11 months into our current lease and rented weekly for a month before (to make up the year). We were so eager to apply we took a chance, but they've just asked for additional documents (renewed lease, bank statements etc... which obviously im just going to send updated ones and a letter from landlord stating as our lease ended in June we have continued onto a month by month lease) Sending it all off today and hoping it all gets sorted ASAP. Nice to finally get some news that its being looked at even if they do need additional docs. I just hope it doesn't prolong things too much.

Does anyone think i should include updated other stuff, like photos etc?

Stressing out!!! lol :eek:

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Laurenhannah said:
Finally we are in process! :D

Got an e-mail from London this morning.They need some additional documents regarding us living together... i was a bit iffy on this before we sent our application as we had technically been 11 months into our current lease and rented weekly for a month before (to make up the year). We were so eager to apply we took a chance, but they've just asked for additional documents (renewed lease, bank statements etc... which obviously im just going to send updated ones and a letter from landlord stating as our lease ended in June we have continued onto a month by month lease) Sending it all off today and hoping it all gets sorted ASAP. Nice to finally get some news that its being looked at even if they do need additional docs. I just hope it doesn't prolong things too much.

Does anyone think i should include updated other stuff, like photos etc?

Stressing out!!! lol :eek:
Yay congrats! This gives me hope :)

I don't think it would hurt to add in some extra photos if you went to some more important family events or something!
I'm wondering if we will be asked for additional documents too as we lived together in Canada for 10 months then went back to Scotland as I had a final year of Uni to complete so lived together in my parents house as financially it made sense at the time! But now we have been living in Canada together for 3 months. Going back to Scotland in two weeks though. Our landlords weren't very professional as it was month by month should I get them to make up a document stating we rented for 3 months just incase CIC request more?
(Also have a new joint Canadian account, maybe I should get proof if that gathered just in case!)