+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sweden said:
Hey chopsticks,

the best is probably to choose from special events, where it shows you and your husband meeting friends and family, and maybe some "daily activities", or some concerts, to show what is your life about, and what you do together as a couple. It's important that you also show the VO that your friends, family are aware of your relationship and they approve of it, and that you are integrated... I don't think that anybody can really tell you how many pictures, but remember - more picture won't necessary convince the VO if they are only showing one side of your relationship.
Good luck!
Sweden

Hey Sweden,
Thank you for helping me out :)
We have about 70 pictures that we are going to send, I hope that is enough for them.
We did try to get as much variety as possible. Now I can just hope for the best! :)
Also, Congratulations on officially becoming a PR of Canada :)

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Forester2000 said:
Congrats Sweden.
I am non visa exempt but...I have a multi entry visa for Canada which expires at the end of 2013....does this mean I won't have to submit my pp for entry? I find their timeline for non visa exempt apps ridiculous as it took me a few hours at the London VO to get an entry visa.
Any ideas?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sweden said:
Landed! today I officially became a PR of Canada :) very easy and friendly process... Sunny day in Victoria made for a nice ferry ride to the US and back. THe border officer was very friendly and not in a hurry (not many people flagpole in Victoria! :) ), took his time to welcome me to Canada, and explain the basics ( PR residency obligations etc). all in all, it's really difficult to realise it's finally over after the waiting, checking ecas etc...
Good luck to all still waiting, and I'll stick around - now I'm officially unemployed! :)
Sweden
Congrats! We'll be on Vancouver Island as well, so my boyfriend will be going the same route. How were the US border officers when you arrived there?

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
I can't believe it's over!

I landed today at Blackpool Border Crossing (Lacolle / Champlain). It was very breezy and relaxing and everybody was so pleasant and informative.

The most utterly bizarre thing happened when I was entering the United States though. My husband and I decided to go down to Plattsburgh overnight for a little trip, we did some shopping and some sightseeing and then I would land on the way back to Canada the next day. We got sent over to secondary as normal at the US border for me to complete the I-94W visa waiver form and pay the $6 fee (our car was also selected to be searched and I had my concerns that perhaps they'd see my PR documentation and ask me to land in Canada as PR first before being allowed into the US, but evidently they didn't care). While inside the building, the border official starts asking about our band???!! Apparently something went awry during our last day trip to Massena NY in June 2011 and somehow our entry was recorded as being under someone else's visas, specifically a local band in Cornwall ON (we googled them afterwards) who were going to play a show in Malone NY under a P2 entertainment visa. It was the most baffling thing ever, we just stood there kind of dumbstruck for what must have been 10 minutes like... sorry, don't know what to tell you except that just isn't us?. And it was funny because it seemed like they almost didn't quite believe us. The woman kept saying things like "it wouldn't matter even if it was you..." but it wasn't us though!! SO WEIRD.

I just know every time I go to the US now they're gonna be trying to make small talk about 'my band', haha. Odd.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Forester2000,

You will have to submit your passport, I'm pretty sure about that. Not every non-visa-exempt applications are taking the same amoutn of time, and you might be done quicker, because it's mostly the background checks that are taking longer than for EU nationals. So if you're from South Africa (from the flag on your profile), it won't probably take the same amount of time as other applicants since the procedures are not the same...
For now, you are on a similar timeline with other visa-exempt so you might a pleasant surprise and start hearing back from CIC.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Congrats! We'll be on Vancouver Island as well, so my boyfriend will be going the same route. How were the US border officers when you arrived there?
Super easy! :) the border officers are actually on the Canadian side, so you do border control (passport etc) in Victoria... the one we talked to was super easy - first question: "how long are you staying in the US?" - "2h for lunch" - "that's an expensive lunch" - "we're flagpoling" - "ah ok! enjoy your day and the ferry ride"... as I had flown through Seattle less than 2 months ago, I didn't have to go through the whole finger prints again... end of the questions! :) landing in Port Angeles, same : "how long are you staying?" - "2h, flagpoling" - "OK! go ahead"... Very easy process.
PM me if you need more info! :)
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Deficient said:
I can't believe it's over!

I landed today at Blackpool Border Crossing (Lacolle / Champlain). It was very breezy and relaxing and everybody was so pleasant and informative.

The most utterly bizarre thing happened when I was entering the United States though. My husband and I decided to go down to Plattsburgh overnight for a little trip, we did some shopping and some sightseeing and then I would land on the way back to Canada the next day. We got sent over to secondary as normal at the US border for me to complete the I-94W visa waiver form and pay the $6 fee (our car was also selected to be searched and I had my concerns that perhaps they'd see my PR documentation and ask me to land in Canada as PR first before being allowed into the US, but evidently they didn't care). While inside the building, the border official starts asking about our band???!! Apparently something went awry during our last day trip to Massena NY in June 2011 and somehow our entry was recorded as being under someone else's visas, specifically a local band in Cornwall ON (we googled them afterwards) who were going to play a show in Malone NY under a P2 entertainment visa. It was the most baffling thing ever, we just stood there kind of dumbstruck for what must have been 10 minutes like... sorry, don't know what to tell you except that just isn't us?. And it was funny because it seemed like they almost didn't quite believe us. The woman kept saying things like "it wouldn't matter even if it was you..." but it wasn't us though!! SO WEIRD.

I just know every time I go to the US now they're gonna be trying to make small talk about 'my band', haha. Odd.
Congrats !:) and yes - difficult to believe it is over... good feeling though! :)
Great story at the border too - maybe it was a scam to distract you from landing as a PR! :)

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
Not sure why you would book a 1 way when it has a lot of complications, especially considering buying a return is about £8 cheaper. I am looking at 12th December with a return flight (one I doubt I will use) in May for £548. If I try and book a 1 way it comes out at £556.

If your refused at the border and have bought a 1 way, it is the duty of the airline to get you home. Hence their 1 way ticket has an unseen return built in.
My one way was less than half the price (£220) of a return which is why I flew with Transat as (along with Iceland Air) they seem to be the only ones that don't charge the same price as a return. I've previously flown one way into Canada when the return has been indetermindate dates and immigration have been fine with it- provided they accept that I'm there to wait out my residency I'm expecting it all to go okay.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
ldjames said:
My one way was less than half the price (£220) of a return which is why I flew with Transat as (along with Iceland Air) they seem to be the only ones that don't charge the same price as a return. I've previously flown one way into Canada when the return has been indetermindate dates and immigration have been fine with it- provided they accept that I'm there to wait out my residency I'm expecting it all to go okay.
Hey James

Do you have a link for that flight? Which date did you say you were flying? I have to book the December 12th flight? When I try on Canadian Affair and Airtransat sites. Both come out at about £550 regardless of return or one way.

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
Hi Rising Sun,

I should have mentioned I'm flying to Toronto- I think you were headed out to Alberta? I'm flying this Friday (30th) though the price was fairly stable until the second week of December when I booked.

I have a bookmark on the computer at home with a site that has discount codes for Canadian Affair ( I didn't use one for this flight but they often have a promotion on the go), once I'm out of the office will take a look and link to it for you.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Thanks James,

That would be appreciated. I am flying to Edmonton but Airtransat does not fly to Edmonton in winter, so I have to book to Calgary and then onwards to Edmonton. So if the price is that much cheaper, then going via Toronto should not make much difference to myself.

As for the discounts, the last 1 they had, expired on Nov 4th. I doubt with it being peak season, they will issue another 1. Most likely what will happen is, come January they will issue a new promo code. The old code I had was Explore Canada

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
Sweden said:
Hey Forester2000,

You will have to submit your passport, I'm pretty sure about that. Not every non-visa-exempt applications are taking the same amoutn of time, and you might be done quicker, because it's mostly the background checks that are taking longer than for EU nationals. So if you're from South Africa (from the flag on your profile), it won't probably take the same amount of time as other applicants since the procedures are not the same...
For now, you are on a similar timeline with other visa-exempt so you might a pleasant surprise and start hearing back from CIC.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks Sweden for the reply, yes SA is my nationality so I'm hoping they communicate with CIC ok. Fingers crossed for the next two weeks. Have fun your side...

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
R151NG5UN said:
If your refused at the border and have bought a 1 way, it is the duty of the airline to get you home. Hence their 1 way ticket has an unseen return built in.
Never knew that - very interesting!!

On a separate note - how does one get a login for this ECAS system?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rpurdie said:
Never knew that - very interesting!!

On a separate note - how does one get a login for this ECAS system?
CIC will give it to you once you get the sponsorship approval (either email or letter). You can use either the UCI + Sponsor information or the File NUmber + Applicant information.
Good luck!
Sweden

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Update:

For those who don't know, we got sponsor approval on July 25th. However, in Oct, I found out that my file was never sent to London. Since then, I have called CIC twice weekly and have not been given ANY information.

I contacted the local MP here last Monday. I got a call back today asking for some information. They are communicating with someone in Ottawa to try to get some information regarding my case.

Fingers crossed it leads to something.