+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Herjeet said:
My case is simple I think! Its crazy, I can't understand why they are so slow??!! For goodness sake, Delhi Office is pumping out COPR's why faster than London and there are way more fraudulent marriages there!! As my Mom is from India, I should have gone there to do my wife's COPR LOL!! Lets hope we all get those COPR's quickly. Maybe this week they might finish June's applicants before diving into another box of Tim Hortons for a extended break!! ;D
Hey Herjeet,

This VO is so strange, they work hard for 2 weeks and then nothing for weeks. On our spreadsheet, there has been little activity in the last 2 weeks, barely anything! Sydney and Delhi are superb VO's, they get theirs done within 8-10 weeks whereas London seems so slow and I cannot understand why. New Delhi probably has more applications to handle than London yet is twice as quick. OMG don't mention any more breaks, I think London VO has used up enough breaks for this decade alone. Soon will be Xmas so you can bet London VO will have a 4 week sabbatical prior to Xmas and a 4 week break post Xmas. Truly frustrated how lacklustre, idle and more importantly how slow this VO is. :mad:

arbs

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-21012
Hey everyone, I too am waiting very eagerly for my wife's PR to come through. Our file was transferred on June 21.

I have a questions, when I go on the ecas website to check the status, it has my wifes previous name listed, not her current name, is this normal or should i call them up and ask? On the paperwork that I received saying that I was approved for Sponsorship, it had her current name on it.

Thanks, love this forum, it has been immensely helpful to us.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Ok so I sent a CSE to London re my medicals. I received their automated message where it gives a link for the London VO. It also mentioned "if the processing time shown on www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca (not www.cic.gc.ca)" So intrigued I wondered what the difference was between CIC CA and London VO. According to the London VO page it says "Average Processing Times- Family Class: 6 months". I never realised that the time scales mentioned on each site differed from each other.

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Ok so I sent a CSE to London re my medicals. I received their automated message where it gives a link for the London VO. It also mentioned "if the processing time shown on www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca (not www.cic.gc.ca)" So intrigued I wondered what the difference was between CIC CA and London VO. According to the London VO page it says "Average Processing Times- Family Class: 6 months". I never realised that the time scales mentioned on each site differed from each other.
Did the email reply give you any details re:your application?
I am seriously thinking of flying down to London. A. To see my husband and B. To go to the Canadian consulate maybe I can speak with a human Being re:why things are taking too long.
Has anybody spoken with someone @ the London VO recently?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
temmyt said:
I am seriously thinking of flying down to London. A. To see my husband and B. To go to the Canadian consulate maybe I can speak with a human Being re:why things are taking too long.
I don't think that you can just walk in and talk to the VO, even if it is frustrating unfortunately there is not much to do until we reach the 8months mark - I know it's really long!
Good luck,
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
temmyt said:
Ok London is notorious for not answering E-mails or sending automated messages if you are within the processing time (which I am). I really shouldn't have bothered to E-mail but I had to do something, the lack of communication is killing me and just want a really simple piece of advice. I don't really expect an answer to be honest but more for piece of mind that I did something (the best i could do). My wife will try calling CIC CA and see if they will advise better because London is terrible at communicating.

I am not even sure they will take general enquiries at the London VO. If you are a Canadian citizen then maybe you may have some joy, but I think if I were to show up there, they would just usher me away. I see countries like India and Australia and a few others that actually speak to the applicants like they are a human being and help them with the process but London is dreadful. For all I know my application may have got lost between Miss and the London VO, not even an AOR to tell you they have your application. Really dissapointed with London especially considering their must be such an influx of immigrants between the 2 countries and also the history of Canada and the U.K.

temmyt

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Sweden said:
I don't think that you can just walk in and talk to the VO, even if it is frustrating unfortunately there is not much to do until we reach the 8months mark - I know it's really long!
Good luck,
Sweden
[/quo

Hello Sweden.
How did your landing go? Hope you are in Canada now?
I understand your point but some days are more frustrating than others, especially when other VOs are dishing out approval @ a fast pace. I wonder what London's excuse is? They are still on June/early July.
Oh well God help us all!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello,

So - I landed in Vancouver yesterday evening (midnight!) without a COPR and was given 6 months entrance. The whole process was rather easy and friendly. Basically showed up at the border for visitors with my partner (Canadian), and when asked how long I intended to stay, I told her 6 months, and explained that I had applied for PR. I mentioned that the first part had been approved. She didn't ask for the letter, a return ticket, or proofs of funds (I had all 3 but was not asked for any...), asked me where I lived before (current address), and that was it. Wrote 180 days on my customs forms, stamped my passport, and that was it.

One tip for the ones doing the same - don't fill out customs forms as a family (like we did first). It sounds obvious, but after 24h awake and a long flight, i didn't think about it... - but of course, I can not fill out a form together with my partner as he lives here and I don't - technically. So I was kindly asked to fill out another separate form at the border directly, and it didn't create any trouble. She asked what I was doing for a living, if I still had a job (no), and that was it.

No questions about possible luggage, how much i was bringing in the country, etc.

Very easy process in my case, hope it will be the same for the ones flying without COPR...

So now - I'm in Vancouver, and will try to settle here and wait out my PR :)

Cheers,
Sweden

arbs

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-21012
Quick question, are the processing times from when Mississauga received our package or when it was transferred over to the London VO office?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
arbs said:
Quick question, are the processing times from when Mississauga received our package or when it was transferred over to the London VO office?
It is a 2 step process, each step is individual. Stage 1 is currently showing 69 days and stage 2 at London VO is anything up to 8 months for 80% of applications. These 2 steps are added together on an application. That said both steps combined should take between 5-7 months. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
the only thing I am a bit confused about is where does it say I can stay 6 months? It was written on my customs forms, but I gave it before leaving the airport, so now I only have an entry stamp on my passport, but nothing else. I hope it doesn't matter, as I plan on having my COPR before the end of the 6 months anyway! :) and I don't think I'll stay here 6 months without doing anything, I can always go somewhere and work outside of Canada (lucky enough to have a job where I can go for small contracts anywhere...).

London is frustrating - woke up this morning (evening time London time) hoping to have good news in ecas - but I didn't! oh well...

Cheers,
Sweden

arbs

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-21012
They received my package on March 2, Files was transferred June 21, and I'm still waiting. So does that mean it's been 7 months processing time or 4 months? I'm a bit confused ???

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
arbs said:
They received my package on March 2, Files was transferred June 21, and I'm still waiting. So does that mean it's been 7 months processing time or 4 months? I'm a bit confused ???
it's 8 months from where your file was received in London, from June 21st. Normally you should hear something quite soon... it seems like London is working on files received in June (you can see the spreadsheet in my signature).

Good luck,
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Sweden said:
the only thing I am a bit confused about is where does it say I can stay 6 months? It was written on my customs forms, but I gave it before leaving the airport, so now I only have an entry stamp on my passport, but nothing else. I hope it doesn't matter, as I plan on having my COPR before the end of the 6 months anyway! :) and I don't think I'll stay here 6 months without doing anything, I can always go somewhere and work outside of Canada (lucky enough to have a job where I can go for small contracts anywhere...).

London is frustrating - woke up this morning (evening time London time) hoping to have good news in ecas - but I didn't! oh well...

Cheers,
Sweden
Hey Sweden,

Congrats and hope you enjoy your new life in Canada (if London ever pulls it's finger out). A 6 month visa is standard issue unless otherwise specified. You should have pushed your luck and tried a year and see if the border agent rolled with it or not. You can also extend the visitors visa IF needed but hopefully London should be doing the last of this years applicants by then. There is a page somewhere that shows how in advance you need to apply to extend your visa (I believe it is about a 6 week list but cant remember where I saw that) but that really shouldn't matter to you.

I would do exactly the same as you but I have a property here and I cant sell it or let it just incase something happened I would be homeless. Also I wouldn't be able to ship any of my goods unless I asked my wife to fly here and take them with her lol but since she is a teacher, holidays are a big no no at this time of year lol.

OMG don't mention London, every time the COPR's start getting issued and everything seems to be going well, they slip back in to their zombie state of mind and nothing happens for weeks. I think it looks like that is where they are at lol. :p

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:

Cheers,
Sweden
The Visa Stamp in your passport will say the date that you entered Canada, you will automatically get 6 months unless it states in your passport that they are giving you less...sometimes they will write the date that you have to leave by, in pen, next to the stamp. It depends on the officer. So if you entered 15/10/2012 then you have to leave Canada by 14/04/2012 or apply for an extension.