+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

gideonj

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2012
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
Hey all :)

So I posted my outland application off to Mississauga a couple of weeks ago (already feels like forever). I have read on tehse forums that you basically don't hear anything for a long time - but some of you talk about tracking progress and such: is there anything I should be doing now? They have my email obviously, but anyw ay of checking (past postal registration) that they have received it / what stage it is at? I know 2 weeks is way to early for anything to happen, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything!

Also: general question: I'm living in Canada on a one year visa which is about to expire. I've applied for an extension / transition to stay as a tourist (a visitor record I think it's called). Now, my visa runs out on the 15th and it could take up to 2 months to process the visotir record application (I only applied a month ago).

I'm looking to find out if I still have to leave on the 15th, or if I"m allowed to remain in the country while I wait to hear on that? I don't want to overstay my visa and get in trouble! Any advice? Thanks

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
gideonj said:

So I posted my outland application off to Mississauga a couple of weeks ago (already feels like forever). I have read on tehse forums that you basically don't hear anything for a long time - but some of you talk about tracking progress and such: is there anything I should be doing now? They have my email obviously, but anyw ay of checking (past postal registration) that they have received it / what stage it is at? I know 2 weeks is way to early for anything to happen, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything!

Also: general question: I'm living in Canada on a one year visa which is about to expire. I've applied for an extension / transition to stay as a tourist (a visitor record I think it's called). Now, my visa runs out on the 15th and it could take up to 2 months to process the visotir record application (I only applied a month ago).

I'm looking to find out if I still have to leave on the 15th, or if I"m allowed to remain in the country while I wait to hear on that? I don't want to overstay my visa and get in trouble! Any advice? Thanks
Hey and welcome,

When you send your initial application off, if you tracked the package that is about as much as you can do for now until CIC contacts you. People when they say tracking for stage 1 are talking about the tracking through the postal service, that is as good as it gets lol. Unfortunately almost all of the process is waiting unless either CIC Canada or your designated Visa Office require additional documents or they contact you to tell you that stage 1 is complete and same again with stage 2.

You will have implied status if CIC received your application before your visa expires unless your visa is the IEC, the IEC visa is not renewable and therefore when that expires they will expect you to leave Canada, if that is your Visa then start a thread and explain your circumstances and 1 of the moderators/ long standing helpers will direct you more accurately. If you have any other type of visa then implied status is granted I believe.

Good luck :D

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Hey,

So I have a 2 part question.

1) Once a PPR has been received can the passport be dropped of at the London VO?

2) If so, can someone be authorized to drop off and pick up the passport on my behalf?

Any help would be appreciated.

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
seamyb said:
Hey,

So I have a 2 part question.

1) Once a PPR has been received can the passport be dropped of at the London VO?

2) If so, can someone be authorized to drop off and pick up the passport on my behalf?

Any help would be appreciated.
Yes to both question... HOWEVER IT WOULD ALSO BE NICE TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO AUTHORIZE SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR YOU...

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
gideonj said:

You should be fine to stay in Canada whilst they process your extension to stay as a visitor (but obviously cease working on the last day of your IEC visa). This is exactly what I did both times. I don't remember getting an email once they had finished processing my visitor visa, all I did was call the call centre (after the processing time had lapsed) and used the automated service with my UCI number (which will be on your IEC visa paperwork). A couple weeks later I got my new visa paperwork in the mail.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp that link has the processing times for visitor visas.

Also, congrats for getting your application in :) Unfortunately it is just a waiting game for the moment.

Nathan75

Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2012
AOR Received.
Stage 1 11-July-2012, Stage 2 27-Sep-2012
File Transfer...
11-July-2012
Med's Done....
04-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
Yay my COPR arrived today, issued on the 3rd October, mailed on the 5th, so pretty quick for it to get to canada.

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Nathan75 said:
Yay my COPR arrived today, issued on the 3rd October, mailed on the 5th, so pretty quick for it to get to canada.
Congrats. Best of luck with the future.

My app went in just under 3 weeks after you so hopefully I will hear something soon.

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Nathan75 said:
wow congrats....that was quick! :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Nathan75 said:
Congrats, hope stage 2 is a quick process for you

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Looks like not to too much in terms of COPR's issued. Must be back in hibernation mode again. I'm leaving in 4 weeks, lets hope a miracle is going to be performed. :-[ ??? ???

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Herjeet said:
Looks like not to too much in terms of COPR's issued. Must be back in hibernation mode again. I'm leaving in 4 weeks, lets hope a miracle is going to be performed. :-[ ??? ???
Lol I was thinking the same thing. It was a slow slow week in London. Especially considering the Canadian head of immigration was on a 5 or 7 day visit. They must have had a donut and coffee fest and kept themselves warm by burning our applications. lol :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Herjeet said:
I was hoping you might be able to help me on this one! I am leaving on the 15th of Nov, when should I send my change of address to CIC?? A day before or should I do it now as I've booked my seats and have a address when I arrive? I've still herd nothing from CIC and getting very scared now as We are leaving in 4.5 weeks! :'(
Hey Herjeet,

I really hope that you'll have your visa by then, but i understand how you feel! landing in 2 days in Vancouver without COPR so let's see...

Changing of addresses - I thought quite a lot about it, and I came to decide ( but that's only me!) that the best would be a few days before. Because - if they do issue it before you go, you want to receive it in the UK rather than flying without it to Canada... but at the same time you don't want to miss it. If you have a forwarding address from the UK to Canada, or somebody opening your mail, then it's OK to leave it until the end because you won't miss it... but as soon as it is "physically impossible" to receive it in the UK and you'll be leaving anyway, then you can change it, so the COPR gets to Canada at the same time as you ( more or less...). At least - that's what I have done... so now I have changed my address (through case specific enquiry ) to the canadian one but ecas doesn't show any change... I kind of hope that it will get issued next week and send to Canada straight so I don't have to wait too long but it's a bit of wishful thinking of course...

I'll let you know how it goes to land without COPR, hoping that you won't have to do that yourself!
Cheers,
Sweden

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Sweden said:
Hey Herjeet,

I really hope that you'll have your visa by then, but i understand how you feel! landing in 2 days in Vancouver without COPR so let's see...

Changing of addresses - I thought quite a lot about it, and I came to decide ( but that's only me!) that the best would be a few days before. Because - if they do issue it before you go, you want to receive it in the UK rather than flying without it to Canada... but at the same time you don't want to miss it. If you have a forwarding address from the UK to Canada, or somebody opening your mail, then it's OK to leave it until the end because you won't miss it... but as soon as it is "physically impossible" to receive it in the UK and you'll be leaving anyway, then you can change it, so the COPR gets to Canada at the same time as you ( more or less...). At least - that's what I have done... so now I have changed my address (through case specific enquiry ) to the canadian one but ecas doesn't show any change... I kind of hope that it will get issued next week and send to Canada straight so I don't have to wait too long but it's a bit of wishful thinking of course...

I'll let you know how it goes to land without COPR, hoping that you won't have to do that yourself!
Cheers,
Sweden
Ohhh....Sweden!! We thought for sure you would have your COPR by now! What is London playing at!? I hope it arrives soon for you, but best of luck for landing!

P&B

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Sweden said:
Hey Herjeet,

Cheers,
Sweden
thanks Sweden, makes sense!! Thanks for all your advice. Good luck on your landing! Keep us informed.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
Hey Herjeet,

Cheers,
Sweden
Wow Landing on Monday!! Hope it goes well for you and you receive PR soon.