+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
how r u mailk bro i did rep med last week so pls pray that i will get ppr soon and how r u and how is your family in canada pls give me your contact no

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Weegie said:
As far as I knew, you only have to do the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union if you have a co-signer, which I think would only apply if there were a common-law couple sponsoring their child or parent or something. If it is simply a case of one sponsor sponsoring their spouse, you don't need to do the declaration - it tells you this in the application guide, so you should re-read this just to verify!

All I know, is that I didn't do one. We didn't involve a lawyer at all. We just wrote a story about our relationship and how we considered ourselves common-law and we both signed that, but that was it.

If you are sponsoring children as well it might be a different story, but I unfortunately can't comment on that as it didn't apply to me.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf

So you don't have to complete this form if you are applying as common law? I tried to find some information out but couldn't see anything on the cic website.

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
yeah that was what I believed to be true as well. Just panicked reading that other post, really need to get the app sent so I can stop obsessing over small details! Thanks :)

Weegie said:
As far as I knew, you only have to do the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union if you have a co-signer, which I think would only apply if there were a common-law couple sponsoring their child or parent or something. If it is simply a case of one sponsor sponsoring their spouse, you don't need to do the declaration - it tells you this in the application guide, so you should re-read this just to verify!

All I know, is that I didn't do one. We didn't involve a lawyer at all. We just wrote a story about our relationship and how we considered ourselves common-law and we both signed that, but that was it.

If you are sponsoring children as well it might be a different story, but I unfortunately can't comment on that as it didn't apply to me.

jb1982

May 6, 2012
Weegie said:
I was also in Canada when I applied - I had been here for 18 months on a work permit and my boyfriend (Canadian citizen) sponsored me. I applied outland. Technically, you have the choice to apply from within Canada if legally living there, or via your country of citizenship. The latter option allows you to apply outland even if you are residing in Canada. You do not need a UK address. The address (even my "permanent" one that they ask for) I provided was my Canadian one (even though I could have used my parent's address in the UK). They ask you where you are currently residing (if I remember correctly) and you just tell the truth! So therefore you can use your Canadian address. They are used to dealing with this scenario frequently.

When you write the description of your relationship you can tell them how you came about to be living in Canada and all that. I provided copies of my Working Holiday visa that I was on previously and also my work permit. The client ID on your work visa will be your client ID through this process too, so they will already have a record of you.

My work permit expired in July 2012, I applied end Sept 2011 and I am already a landed PR - so I wouldn't worry about it not being approved before July 2013.
Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it! Hopefully if I submit my application as soon as my next visa is approved I'll be giving myself plenty of time. I'll just be very relieved when this whole process is over!

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
imran 901 said:
hi yasiin bro non uk citizen back ground check will take 4 to 6 month so you have don your interview in janurary so you will received ppr request soon zaig did interview in oct last year in he received ppr request in march 2012 so be happy you will get ppr soon
Hi Imran

Thanks bro. I wish you here a good news soon too as your application is pushing to the end. I am hoping to hear back from CIC soon as i am into 4 months now for background checks. Wish everyone good and fingers crossed..

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
pinklady said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf

So you don't have to complete this form if you are applying as common law? I tried to find some information out but couldn't see anything on the cic website.
Hi pinklady. It is really, really confusing, isn't it?! It says on the Document Checklist "if you have a co-signer".
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF
It also said in the application guide that I had downloaded before, but I can't seem to find this online now.
So you only need to fill it in if someone is co-signing with your sponsor - and those folk are common-law - which wouldn't apply if your sponsor was sponsoring his own common-law partner to come into the country! You see what I am saying?
I am sure millions of folk fill this out and you don't have to - it is so unclear. It was actually my boyfriend who noticed the "co-signer" part and luckily I had a lawyer at work who I had to bounce questions off, and she verified that you didn't have to do it unless you had a co-signer.
No wonder lawyers can charge $6000 to do these applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
It is totally confusing!!
There are so many little details. The document checklist is the best thing to look at i think. I always tell people to read through it first.

Thanks for clarifying this though :)

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Decision Made

Decision Made! Whhhhoooooo hooooooo, what happens now? Checked Ecas, not expecting anything after a request for more info last week, and there is was!!

We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 4, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

When Can I expect to hear?????

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
Re: Decision Made

Irish Colleen said:
Decision Made! Whhhhoooooo hooooooo, what happens now? Checked Ecas, not expecting anything after a request for more info last week, and there is was!!

We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 4, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

When Can I expect to hear?????
Congrats!!! Our file went to decision made on April 27th on ecas, and the COPR was delivered May 2nd (so a few days really!) So it shouldn't be much longer!! :)

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
I need some advice from those of you who received their COPR whilst they were in Canada and decided to go "spend a day" in the US to then come back and land. My boyfriend called CIC this morning to book an appointment to make everything official, but they have nothing for a month!! So we will take a little day trip south of the border!! My main concern is when you're going through the US border and they ask you why you are crossing, do we just plainly say: "so that we can come back into Canada and land as a resident"?? or is it best to say we're going to spend the day, shopping...etc? we just want this process to go as smoothly as possible!

Any other advice or tips about this would also be very much appreciated!!

Cheers ::)

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
vet25 said:
I need some advice from those of you who received their COPR whilst they were in Canada and decided to go "spend a day" in the US to then come back and land. My boyfriend called CIC this morning to book an appointment to make everything official, but they have nothing for a month!! So we will take a little day trip south of the border!! My main concern is when you're going through the US border and they ask you why you are crossing, do we just plainly say: "so that we can come back into Canada and land as a resident"?? or is it best to say we're going to spend the day, shopping...etc? we just want this process to go as smoothly as possible!

Any other advice or tips about this would also be very much appreciated!!

Cheers ::)
You tell them that you are crossing to land - if that is all you are doing. They then basically let you enter the US, issue you a piece of paper saying you have been refused entry into the US (which is normal and doesn't go on a record of any sort - I asked!) so that they can send you back to Canada for entry - it's when you go back into Canada that your paperwork is processed.

So when we went we didn't spend any time in the US, we just entered the US in order to go back into Canada. And this is completely fine - they are used to it and didn't have any problems. In fact, there were a couple of other folk doing the same thing as us.

If, however, you want to go into the US to shop and then come back, just tell them that too - whatever you do, just tell them the truth and they will advise. I think - and others can correct me if I am wrong - if you want to go to the US first to shop and you have a UK passport, you need a temporary visitors visa to enter the US, which they issue you at the border. I think you pay $6 or something and they attach it to your passport. That would be the normal case whether you were landing or not. And then you just land once you re-enter Canada after your shopping trip. You would need to declare anything you bought for duty purposes (although I think recently they increased the limit to $200, but you should check this if you are going to buy anything - you don't want any issues bring stuff back into Canada). The visa (its that green card thing that you fill out/used to fill out on the plane normally, I think) lets you stay in the US for 90 days (even if you just stay the day). That's why you don't need one if you just go straight back into Canada because they "refuse" you entry into the US if you don't apply for the card.

So it's up to you what you do - neither of them are a problem. Just be upfront when you speak to the customs guy - they will be able to advise you. It was easy just to drive across to the US and be sent back to Canada - I don't know if I could have been bothered with the whole, get a visa, go shopping, then come back thing - I just wanted to get my PR processed as soon as possible! It probably took 2 hours at the border maximum and that was a Sunday afternoon on a normal weekend (I crossed at the Rainbow bridge that links Ontario to Buffalo, US - not sure if you are in Toronto too?)

Hope that helps a bit - feel free to ask me anything else!

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Landing

Weegie, that is great info. This is the part that was unclear for me!

I have family coming over to visit next month, so maybe we will take them to Niagara Falls for the day, and do my landing while we are there. Then we can celebrate with my family in the restaurant where we held our wedding dinner last year in Niagara falls!

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canooknic said:
The best way I can explain the option C is like a P60, when I sponsored my fiancé I included my last 2 P60's just to prove what I had been earning.

Good luck to you both xx
Thanks for that Canooknic. What kind of stuff did you submit with your application to show that you intended to return and settle in Canada?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
canuck_in_uk said:
Thanks for that Canooknic. What kind of stuff did you submit with your application to show that you intended to return and settle in Canada?
I sent a copy of our flight confirmation, we booked a flight that we could change if necessary, and then I wrote details of what we we planning :- staying with my sister for a few weeks (gave her address) while we looked for a house, what sort of job my fiancé does and what he planned to do to find work (I even included that he would not be job searching for the first week to give us time to settle-in and catch up with family), I told them that with the money we had that we could live comfortably for at least 6 months if he didn't find work.
I just told them everything we had planned, how we would support ourselves and what we were going to do in the future (I'm at home with our boys until they start school in 2013 so I even included that).

Best of luck xxx

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
hi imran how r u i am fine just geting ready to go for an interview i will send u my mobile number in private pm . which city will u come . since whe they start your back ground .they will take 5 to six month since they strat working on your file .u can check it online when it say .. in process from date .. i think your interview is waved they are not going to calll you for interview 2nd medical means ur case is accepted .any way i m going for an interview for a job before coming to canada do good shoping from paksitan . bring warm clothes it is still cold here . i tell u england has fantastic weather . u will be surprise when u will come here england is much better country .i knew since i had experince of chc . every department work too slow . any way it depends where u are coming from and where u are going . i came from london to calgary . may be i would have thought different if i would have came from belfast to vancoure or toranto .any ways take care and convence your family to vote imran khan , and his candidate.