+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Pinklady, where did you hear about the declaration of common-law? we haven't done that and no idea how or what it consists of!

Does any one know?

Sending app next week so would be good to know!!

Jenny.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
IMM5409E - one page form declaring that you're in a common law relationship.

johare12 said:
Pinklady, where did you hear about the declaration of common-law? we haven't done that and no idea how or what it consists of!

Does any one know?

Jenny.

Y

yameen

:mad: vos in charge of our case slipped into a coma wt the file it seems.now its been 13 mnths waiting.
To add to it im gona have a lil parcel from the stork arriving in dec.mu 6 mnth stay in uk expires in july so ihave to go back and look for job to qualify for maternity leave.not that ill be able to work for long or much in my current state.im begginning to hate canadian laws and vos if i have to give birth all alone wt no partner because someones too busy to bother finishing up our file for a year now.i dnt even hav parents so nobody to support me.and a husband who cnt come bcos of sme dummy sitting wt the file fr a year cant make up his mind.Grrrr really frustrated i can smash somebodys head on the wall.this timings unreasonable.
Ps anyone knw good gynocologist in surrey :/

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
johare12 said:

Does any one know?

Jenny.
As far as I knew, you only have to do the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union if you have a co-signer, which I think would only apply if there were a common-law couple sponsoring their child or parent or something. If it is simply a case of one sponsor sponsoring their spouse, you don't need to do the declaration - it tells you this in the application guide, so you should re-read this just to verify!

All I know, is that I didn't do one. We didn't involve a lawyer at all. We just wrote a story about our relationship and how we considered ourselves common-law and we both signed that, but that was it.

If you are sponsoring children as well it might be a different story, but I unfortunately can't comment on that as it didn't apply to me.

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
yameen said:
:mad: vos in charge of our case slipped into a coma wt the file it seems.now its been 13 mnths waiting.
To add to it im gona have a lil parcel from the stork arriving in dec.mu 6 mnth stay in uk expires in july so ihave to go back and look for job to qualify for maternity leave.not that ill be able to work for long or much in my current state.im begginning to hate canadian laws and vos if i have to give birth all alone wt no partner because someones too busy to bother finishing up our file for a year now.i dnt even hav parents so nobody to support me.and a husband who cnt come bcos of sme dummy sitting wt the file fr a year cant make up his mind.Grrrr really frustrated i can smash somebodys head on the wall.this timings unreasonable.
Ps anyone knw good gynocologist in surrey :/
Ohhh man that suck and is a little bit scary :( have you contacted CIC because its been longer than 7 mnths

Y

yameen

yesh we contacted mp as well.vo replied to mp saying they are awaiting background verification sth sth and will contact us when they get the results. but that was in Feb.

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Sis yameen most probably u will get passport request . On ist friday of july or .4/7/12 i wish u will reciev it tomaro . But i m telling u in the light of experience. They want to break our marragies that is there agenda i tell u. Check on pakistani forum lot of marragies are brokem already since it is 36 months from pakistan. They dont touch our files at all since the dead line comes. And if ur husband was british then it would be 3 months for whole case so be patiance in next 2month u wull get that bullshit.

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
pinklady said:
You can absolutely apply outland while staying in Canada.
As far as I know you don't need to see a lawyer to become common law, but you must be able to prove it. I think you also have to sign the declaration of common law status form and possibly have it notarised. Not sure on this one though, I applied as spouses.
Hi Pink Lady,

Can you add us to the spreadsheet please :) Application Sent May 7, 2012.

So relieved it's finally sent off!

Y

yameen

What is on the 4th of July? His meds expire in june.im leaving mid of July.i hope at least by then he gets ppr.even his interview isnt done. :'(

jb1982

May 6, 2012
I`m a British Citizen and I'm in the process of putting together my application for permanent residency. My Canadian boyfriend (Citizen) of 3 years is sponsoring me under common-law status. I`ve been living in Toronto with him on a Working Holiday visa for the last year and I`m currently waiting for my 2nd year of this visa to be approved before I file for permanent residency.

Ì`ve spent a lot of time researching the best method to apply for permament residency, and one thing I`m keen to do is ensure that my permanent residency application is approved before the expiration of my visa in June 2013. My understanding is that if I apply outland to the visa office in London, UK, current processing times are approximately 10 months in total (89 days for the sponsor and 7 months for me) but if I apply inland processing time are about 18 months. So outland is far more appealing to me because I don't want to face the prospect of my current visa expiring.

I`m a bit confused by the forms though - the forms all seem to state that for Outland applications, I need to be residing in the UK (e.g. Information Guide for Family Class Sponsorship of ... common-law partner ... living outside Canada). This forum suggests that despite living in Canada, I can still apply outland, but the forms seem to suggest otherwise. Can anyone help clear this up for me and put my mind at ease please?

bally21

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Northern Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
28-07-2012
jb1982 said:
I`m a British Citizen and I'm in the process of putting together my application for permanent residency. My Canadian boyfriend (Citizen) of 3 years is sponsoring me under common-law status. I`ve been living in Toronto with him on a Working Holiday visa for the last year and I`m currently waiting for my 2nd year of this visa to be approved before I file for permanent residency.

Ì`ve spent a lot of time researching the best method to apply for permament residency, and one thing I`m keen to do is ensure that my permanent residency application is approved before the expiration of my visa in June 2013. My understanding is that if I apply outland to the visa office in London, UK, current processing times are approximately 10 months in total (89 days for the sponsor and 7 months for me) but if I apply inland processing time are about 18 months. So outland is far more appealing to me because I don't want to face the prospect of my current visa expiring.

I`m a bit confused by the forms though - the forms all seem to state that for Outland applications, I need to be residing in the UK (e.g. Information Guide for Family Class Sponsorship of ... common-law partner ... living outside Canada). This forum suggests that despite living in Canada, I can still apply outland, but the forms seem to suggest otherwise. Can anyone help clear this up for me and put my mind at ease please?
Yes you can still apply outland, just be aware if you're called for an interview, you'll have to fly back to the UK for it. But as far as I am aware, interviews are fairly uncommon for straightforward applications.

I'm not sure if you require a UK address for applying outland, perhaps someone else can clarify that. But if you do, you can use a relative or friends I believe.

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
yameen said:
What is on the 4th of July? His meds expire in june.im leaving mid of July.i hope at least by then he gets ppr.even his interview isnt done. :'(
hi sister donot worry your husband will get ppr soon i received repeat medical request and e mail from cic london said that they will complete my case in 4 month so be happy you will hear happy news soon

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
Yasiin said:
Hello Everyone!

Is there anyone experiencing a very lengthy routine background checks from London Office?
hi yasiin bro non uk citizen back ground check will take 4 to 6 month so you have don your interview in janurary so you will received ppr request soon zaig did interview in oct last year in he received ppr request in march 2012 so be happy you will get ppr soon

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
hi all friends i received e mail from cic london at 27 april for repeat medical and i have don at 05 of may i spoke to doctor office they said that cic london will receive repeat medical by the 10 of may so pls pray for me that i will receive ppr request soon .and i am praying for yameen and yasiin that both will get ppr soon coz both and me waiting from long time.

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
jb1982 said:

I was also in Canada when I applied - I had been here for 18 months on a work permit and my boyfriend (Canadian citizen) sponsored me. I applied outland. Technically, you have the choice to apply from within Canada if legally living there, or via your country of citizenship. The latter option allows you to apply outland even if you are residing in Canada. You do not need a UK address. The address (even my "permanent" one that they ask for) I provided was my Canadian one (even though I could have used my parent's address in the UK). They ask you where you are currently residing (if I remember correctly) and you just tell the truth! So therefore you can use your Canadian address. They are used to dealing with this scenario frequently.

When you write the description of your relationship you can tell them how you came about to be living in Canada and all that. I provided copies of my Working Holiday visa that I was on previously and also my work permit. The client ID on your work visa will be your client ID through this process too, so they will already have a record of you.

My work permit expired in July 2012, I applied end Sept 2011 and I am already a landed PR - so I wouldn't worry about it not being approved before July 2013.