+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
bonitanita said:
Hi

I have applied outland. I am in canada. Do i need to keep extending my visitor visa while my application is in process?
Hi - please see my response above.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Thanks Weegie

Weegie said:
Hey, unfortunately the fact that you have applied for PR doesn't grant you the right to stay. You need to continue to extend your visitor status (if you have a UK passport this is usually a 6 month period - although an extension may not necessarily be another 6 months). If you apply to extend your visitor status then you have "implied status" in Canada until they make the decision i.e. you are allowed to stay in Canada as a visitor whilst waiting for a decision to extend (you may know this already).

Refer to Section 5.2 (page 5) on the manual at this link to get the piece about waiting for permanent residency.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Hey!
My boyfriend (Canadian) and I (Danish) are eligible to apply for my sponsorship next month. Now do we go and see a lawyer to become "common-law" ? Another thing is that I'm currently in Canada on a work Visa which expires in February 2013 - can I still send my application to London (Outland) ? Or do I absolutely have to apply inland? I have a legal address in Denmark.

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Hi everyone!

Haven't been on here in a while since we got our COPR, but typically, there's been a spanner thrown in the works!

My partner was - very stupidly - caught speeding this week (40mph in a 30mph zone - tut tut!), meaning that inevitably his license etc. with the three points added to it now (more than likely) won't be back with us before we head off to Toronto on May 28th.

My only concern now is that he won't be able to exchange his UK license for an Ontario license with three points on it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or know if you still qualify with points?

Thanks in advance :)

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Hi

almost ready to send our application but wanted to check one last thing...

the form that goes along the lines of ""We, (declarant) and (declarant's partner) of (city) in (Province) in the country of (Country), solemnly declare ...." is this only necessary if we are co-signing? We are applying under Common-Law sponsorship (my partner sponsoring me) and initially we filled out this form, however after re-reading the guide, I'm thinking this form is only necessary if we are co-signing to sponsor someone else.

does anyone know?

Thank you, Jenny.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Louise86 said:
Hi everyone!

Haven't been on here in a while since we got our COPR, but typically, there's been a spanner thrown in the works!

My partner was - very stupidly - caught speeding this week (40mph in a 30mph zone - tut tut!), meaning that inevitably his license etc. with the three points added to it now (more than likely) won't be back with us before we head off to Toronto on May 28th.

My only concern now is that he won't be able to exchange his UK license for an Ontario license with three points on it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or know if you still qualify with points?

Thanks in advance :)
My Fiancé had 6 points when he exchanged his for an Alberta licence, there was no problem with the registry but our insurance company wasn't very impressed and his premium was increased slightly.

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Hi Pink Lady

Can you add us to your spread sheet please.

Application sent on 19th March and was received by them on 21st March.
Medical was done on Wed 2nd May 2012. (Doctor is sending results to London for us. Our file should be there by then we hope)

Thanks

Sway_in_de_wind

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi!

I'm new to the forum. I'm a Canadian living in the UK with my British boyfriend. We've just started to look at the application for common-law partner sponsorship and I already have a few questions if anyone can help :). I haven't lived in Canada for a few years; I know that I can still sponsor him but have to show that I intend to settle in Canada but I don't have any of the things that they ask for, ie job offer, rental document, university acceptance. What else can I use? I'll have a one-way ticket to Canada, I still have an active Canadian bank account that I transfer all of my savings into, I can get letters from friends and family in Canada saying that I'm coming back. Just wondering what kind of proof anyone else used?? Also, as I've been reading through previous posts, quite a few people have mentioned an 'option C' from. What is that and who needs to fill it out? Thanks so much!!!

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Canuck_in_uk

I am in the same position as you. I am a Canadian living in the UK. I have lived here for years and am now sponsoring my girlfriend. I have no physical proof that I am returning to Canada but I have offered Names and tel numbers of people I have spoken to and employers I have met with. When I enquired with immigration they told me to include a signed declaration outlining my plan. I will be staying with family in Canada when we arrive and they have sent me an e-mail written for the attention of Canadian immigration confirming our relationship (as we are not married) and also they fact that they will be giving us a place to stay when we arrive. We have also opened bank accounts in Canada and included details of this with the application.

About the option C form, I did not complate this. I got the impression that this was if the sponsor in in Canada. I hope I'm right.

Hope this helps

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
The best way I can explain the option C is like a P60, when I sponsored my fiancé I included my last 2 P60's just to prove what I had been earning.

Good luck to you both xx

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
The Canadian sponsor should be up to date on taxes. When you file your taxes, canada revenue sends you an "option c notice of assessment". This shows that you're up to date with filing taxes. You should mail the original of the last option c you received. If you do not have one for 2011, you should send a statement saying why you don't have this.

sway_in_de_wind said:
Canuck_in_uk

I am in the same position as you. I am a Canadian living in the UK. I have lived here for years and am now sponsoring my girlfriend. I have no physical proof that I am returning to Canada but I have offered Names and tel numbers of people I have spoken to and employers I have met with. When I enquired with immigration they told me to include a signed declaration outlining my plan. I will be staying with family in Canada when we arrive and they have sent me an e-mail written for the attention of Canadian immigration confirming our relationship (as we are not married) and also they fact that they will be giving us a place to stay when we arrive. We have also opened bank accounts in Canada and included details of this with the application.

About the option C form, I did not complate this. I got the impression that this was if the sponsor in in Canada. I hope I'm right.

Hope this helps

Rizgill

Apr 26, 2012
Hi weegie,

Thanks for your response.

What did the 'decision made' stated? i.e. that decision is made and the office will contact you shortly OR that the decision is made and you will receive a letter'? just wondering!!!

thanks

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
Rizgill said:
Hi weegie,

Thanks for your response.

What did the 'decision made' stated? i.e. that decision is made and the office will contact you shortly OR that the decision is made and you will receive a letter'? just wondering!!!

thanks
I can't remember exact wording, but it was definitely along the lines of "a decision has been made and the office will contact you shortly". I don't think it really matters though - in my humble opinion, if they ask you to pay the fee, then the decision will be positive!

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hello Everyone!

Is there anyone experiencing a very lengthy routine background checks from London Office?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Line.a said:
Hey!
My boyfriend (Canadian) and I (Danish) are eligible to apply for my sponsorship next month. Now do we go and see a lawyer to become "common-law" ? Another thing is that I'm currently in Canada on a work Visa which expires in February 2013 - can I still send my application to London (Outland) ? Or do I absolutely have to apply inland? I have a legal address in Denmark.
You can absolutely apply outland while staying in Canada.
As far as I know you don't need to see a lawyer to become common law, but you must be able to prove it. I think you also have to sign the declaration of common law status form and possibly have it notarised. Not sure on this one though, I applied as spouses.