+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Me again, wallpapering the forum.
To you all who shipped/sent stuff over to Canada: how did you do it? Know of any good shipping options?

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daisies said:
When it came to my sponsor listing all his previous addresses and phone numbers, he couldn't remember all of them as some were from when he was a kid, so we just attached a sheet explaining it. If you do the same, attach a sheet with the info you gave above, they should believe ya.. I mean, what you just wrote there didn't exactly sound like the biggest lie in history or anything. Just be honest and better to explain in too much detail than to just ignore it. That's what we did.
Daisies you are a genius! Thank you so much, a lease between us is a great idea and I didnt even think of it! That will be perfect :) thanks for all your help and advice.

Anna ;D

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gosh its a blonde day for me. Im on the website trying to pay the fees - I am ticking the "sponsor" box and "principal applicant" but see above the family class section, highlighted differently is "Right of Permanent Residence Fee"...do I have to pay this too or is this for something else? and do I need to pay for a "permanent residence card"?

I thought it was just the sponsor and applicant fee but I may be being a bit slow.

Thanks!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
AnnaMcG said:
Gosh its a blonde day for me. Im on the website trying to pay the fees - I am ticking the "sponsor" box and "principal applicant" but see above the family class section, highlighted differently is "Right of Permanent Residence Fee"...do I have to pay this too or is this for something else? and do I need to pay for a "permanent residence card"?

I thought it was just the sponsor and applicant fee but I may be being a bit slow.

Thanks!
I advice you to pay PR fees now and not at later stage as if you don't pay it now you will have to pay it later and this will delay the process of your application by 2 months and I am 100% sure of this. Good luck

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
so you need to pay 1040 CAD to avoid any future delays. However, it depends on your personal financial budget!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
BT1975 said:
Thanks so much for you advice pinklady! I thought that we'd get into trouble if he arrived on Canadian soil and taking up residency without obtaining his visa first. We're in Singapore and he's working right now, and he'll get a package when he leaves, though we don't know exactly how many months salary that will be. We've got a lot of savings we intended for a down payment on a house. I've been at home with our two other young kids, so am not currently employed. I'm doubtful that once I land in Canada at 4 months pregnant I will be able to find an employer willing to hire me - so that's why I'm a bit stressed about all of this timing. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that everything will turn out ok.
You're welcome. The only thing is he won't be allowed to 'live' here until he gets the PR. He can 'visit'. Will you be shipping all your belongings over to canada from Singapore when you come in january? It could cause soem issues, but as long as you are there as the canadian and you are bringing your belongings in that should be ok. Your husband just wont be allowed to move to canada, so won't be allowed to ship his items over. But like I said, if you're there is might not be too much of an issue.
Things will hopefully work out for you. At least you have some savings and he'll get a package from work. Things might be a little tight for a couple of months but it sounds like you'll have enough to go on until your husband can work.
Just get the application submitted :)
Good luck!

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
Hi pinkLady,

thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet, I hope you know something I don't - I'm still waiting to hear from London. Like the others scared I've missed something in the spam folder! :eek: All I know is that they have made a decision, just waiting to hear what it is.

Can't be too long now ...

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
AnnaMcG said:

Thanks!
Hey AnnaMcG, When paying the fees the total should come to $1040. You don't have to pay the full amount up front, but if the VO has to request a payment from you it can delay things by up to 2 months. In my opinion, its best to pay it all up front.
Also, if the application is rejected, part of the payment will be refunded anyway. But its unlikely to come to that :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
johnpollard said:
Hi pinkLady,

thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet, I hope you know something I don't - I'm still waiting to hear from London. Like the others scared I've missed something in the spam folder! :eek: All I know is that they have made a decision, just waiting to hear what it is.

Can't be too long now ...
Weird, I was going from the May spreadsheet. It said you got PPR on Sept 30. Strangely, today it says Oct 4. I will unhighlight you for now. Hope you hear something soon.... let me know when you do!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Hey AnnaMcG, When paying the fees the total should come to $1040. You don't have to pay the full amount up front, but if the VO has to request a payment from you it can delay things by up to 2 months. In my opinion, its best to pay it all up front.
Also, if the application is rejected, part of the payment will be refunded anyway. But its unlikely to come to that :)
thanks once again pinklady :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, a quick question,

Do we have to provide originals or copies of our marriage certificate and birth certificate? I thought they want copies but it doesnt really say it clearly either way....anyone know?

Thanks again, hopefully after this weekend Ill stop with all the questions haha

:D

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
Wondering if anyone can provide some info. My husband and I applied outside Canada application back in March. We are right now stuck at the part where they want medicals for his non-accompanying dependants. Near the beginning of our process, we were told by a CIC agent in toronto that the VO office would request the medicals several times to be sure that my husband was aware of the consequences of not providing medicals and not being able to sponsor his children later. We were not advised that this would be application threatening. So twice we were requested to provide medicals. Both times my husband wrote in that is aware of the implications of not providing this information at this point of the process - but he wished to proceed with our application. We both also tried to contact his ex, who is extremely unreasonable and has refused to assist with this part of the process. We did take and upload her emailed response on the CIC site, as well as sent the hard copies via courier to the London VO office. This was 5 weeks ago. We haven't heard a thing since.

Has anyong else had experience with this? I'm just wondering what we can/should expect. I have been emailing with my MP who has been useless to this point. Im thinking that they can't deny our application based on an ex's decision to not cooperate, however at this point I don't know. Feels like we are corresponding with a computer and not a human. So frustrating!! Worse is that it feels as though our future is in the hands of an EX partner. :eek:

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
AnnaMcG said:
Hi all, a quick question,

Do we have to provide originals or copies of our marriage certificate and birth certificate? I thought they want copies but it doesnt really say it clearly either way....anyone know?

Thanks again, hopefully after this weekend Ill stop with all the questions haha

:D
Look on the document checklist. At the top it says something like 'send copies of all documents except when asked for originals'
I think.... you need to send a certified copy of your marriage cert (don't send original!) and you can send a photocopy of birth cert.

So I just looked at the form and you only have to send originals of the police certificate and all the forms, photocopy of birth and marriage cert are fine.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Anna... also, you know you dont have to submit the IMM5562 supplementary information - your travels right?
Its not required going through London VO, only Paris.