+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Have all of you been waiting for the visa approval outside of Canada with your spouse/family member?

We are almost ready to submit my husband's immigration papers to the Mississauga office, where it will then be forwarded to the London office. The problem now is that we just got word that my husband's job may be ending in Jan, and I just found out I am pregnant with our 3rd child. I need to be back in Canada by Dec, but I don't know if my husband can come with me (and the kids!) or if he must remain outside of the country until his visa is approved? I'm kicking myself that we didn't get our application in much sooner :( I'd like him to be with us in Canada, and it is important that he gets his approval soon because he needs to find a job. No one wants to hire a pregnant woman! The timing is so bad...

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yameen said:
Who ia the mp. My husband is the applicant frm pk living in uk.i dont expect to hear frm them yet since london got app on July.good luck to u hope u get ppr soon.
MP is a member of parliament and responsible for the immigration applications submitted by someone residing in their constituency-- my situation is same as your husband's-- everything was so smooth and easy till this email stuff-- yes you are still pretty much within the timeline and I wish that it goes well for you without any hurdles!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi BT1975,
Yes your husband can come with you to Canada even with an outland application. Just make sure you update the address so that they know where to contact you. Outland only means the visa office, not your physical position and its perfectly fine to have an outland application while inside canada. I did it that way and so do many others.
Get your application in as soon as you can, then you're looking at about 2 months for sponsor approval and then 2-3 months for London to process the PR application. 4-5 months total before the passport request from london signalling the issuing of the visa. He can even submit his passport from canada and have it returned to him here. I did that too.
When is your baby due? Hopefully your husband will be here and working before you have to go on maternity leave.
Any more questions, just ask.
Good luck

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
HSBalouch - was it only after the intervention by your MP that the error with the email address was revealed? I think just about everyone on here including me is paranoid that some fat-fingered so-and-so at the VO has sent the PPR to the wrong email address! Unless it bounced back at them (not guaranteed, since most email addresses are just one number or character different from someone else's email address) and they resent to the correct address then you'd never know.

Doing it all by email is good in principle, but not robust in its current form. They should send you a test email, requiring you to reply in order to initiate them sending further stuff electronically. No reply from you to their test email within say, three weeks, and it all then goes by post. Simples.

The wait is really dragging now and I'm getting sick of all my colleagues forever asking me "have you heard yet?". I wonder if they're experiencing a backlog of new sponsor approvals which built up from the postal strike earlier in the summer and logging those new arrivals is taking precedence over processing existing cases.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.... We don't really have any idea what really goes on.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
chrischris, if you email a london a case specific enquiry, ask anything... then they will have your email address. Also before submitting the online form you have to consent to them contacting you by email. At least then you know they will have your correct email address.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
pinklady said:
chrischris, if you email a london a case specific enquiry, ask anything... then they will have your email address. Also before submitting the online form you have to consent to them contacting you by email. At least then you know they will have your correct email address.
HI Pinklady

Does the London VO send the passport request to only email address or to both email and mail addresses?

Regards

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Some people get it by mail, some via email. But not to both, as far as I know.

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
pinklady said:
Hi BT1975,
Yes your husband can come with you to Canada even with an outland application. Just make sure you update the address so that they know where to contact you. Outland only means the visa office, not your physical position and its perfectly fine to have an outland application while inside canada. I did it that way and so do many others.
Get your application in as soon as you can, then you're looking at about 2 months for sponsor approval and then 2-3 months for London to process the PR application. 4-5 months total before the passport request from london signalling the issuing of the visa. He can even submit his passport from canada and have it returned to him here. I did that too.
When is your baby due? Hopefully your husband will be here and working before you have to go on maternity leave.
Any more questions, just ask.
Good luck
Thanks so much for you advice pinklady! I thought that we'd get into trouble if he arrived on Canadian soil and taking up residency without obtaining his visa first. We're in Singapore and he's working right now, and he'll get a package when he leaves, though we don't know exactly how many months salary that will be. We've got a lot of savings we intended for a down payment on a house. I've been at home with our two other young kids, so am not currently employed. I'm doubtful that once I land in Canada at 4 months pregnant I will be able to find an employer willing to hire me - so that's why I'm a bit stressed about all of this timing. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that everything will turn out ok.

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Well we're almost at the stage of sending everything off but I am wondering if I can get some advice off you all?

We are both living in England and have to prove that my husband (the sponsor) is returning to Canada with me. Now we dont have anything from the list that we can show, but we do have the expiry date on his visa (which is 2012). Do you think that is enough plus him writing with his intention to return, and a few references from close friends and my old employer?

The other thing we could possibly do is buy our flights now, but its risky - we'd need to get transferable dates, and if the application (god forbid) is rejected for any reason thats a lot of money to lose....

Did anyone else struggle with this bit? / not have anything on their list? Any thoughts about what we could do would be great. We are staying with firends initially when we first get back (included in their reference), so arent looking for places to rent til we get out there....so really dont know what other evidence we can give!

Thanks everyone in advance :)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh and one other thing sorry - in my husband's sponsor forms, he has to give contact details of the last 5 years of his work history - he has moved through a couple of different jobs - the company 5 years ago he worked for went into administration and the next job he had after that we cant find a contact telephone number for them (cant even find them on the web) - they were just a small construction company...do you think lack of a phone number for these two work places will cause a problem? it does say they want contact phone numbers etc but we have no way of providing this! ugh...

thanks all :)

Y

yameen

thanks for the info HB.. ill wait this month i guess and see if theres any update. I sent email to person with similar emails asking them if they receive any email from immigration by mistake to forward to me...got no reply of course....paranoid.yes.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
AnnaMcG said:
Hi everyone!

Well we're almost at the stage of sending everything off but I am wondering if I can get some advice off you all?

We are both living in England and have to prove that my husband (the sponsor) is returning to Canada with me. Now we dont have anything from the list that we can show, but we do have the expiry date on his visa (which is 2012). Do you think that is enough plus him writing with his intention to return, and a few references from close friends and my old employer?

The other thing we could possibly do is buy our flights now, but its risky - we'd need to get transferable dates, and if the application (god forbid) is rejected for any reason thats a lot of money to lose....

Did anyone else struggle with this bit? / not have anything on their list? Any thoughts about what we could do would be great. We are staying with firends initially when we first get back (included in their reference), so arent looking for places to rent til we get out there....so really dont know what other evidence we can give!

Thanks everyone in advance :)
Anna--if you're staying with friends, why don't you "sign a lease" with them because if I remember correctly a rental agreement document was on the list of acceptable proof. At least enclose some e-mails or letters where you discuss your staying with them.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
AnnaMcG said:
oh and one other thing sorry - in my husband's sponsor forms, he has to give contact details of the last 5 years of his work history - he has moved through a couple of different jobs - the company 5 years ago he worked for went into administration and the next job he had after that we cant find a contact telephone number for them (cant even find them on the web) - they were just a small construction company...do you think lack of a phone number for these two work places will cause a problem? it does say they want contact phone numbers etc but we have no way of providing this! ugh...

thanks all :)
When it came to my sponsor listing all his previous addresses and phone numbers, he couldn't remember all of them as some were from when he was a kid, so we just attached a sheet explaining it. If you do the same, attach a sheet with the info you gave above, they should believe ya.. I mean, what you just wrote there didn't exactly sound like the biggest lie in history or anything. Just be honest and better to explain in too much detail than to just ignore it. That's what we did.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
In some recent post ya talk about MP....do you mean the doctor doing the medicals? If so, can one contact him/her for an update on the process?! I am confused. ???

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
My thoughts and worried are far ahead in time so I am already worrying about landing... hahaha... To all of you who have already landed: Did your sponsor land with you, and if so, did they come with you to the immigration officer or did ya go by yourself? I am wondering cuz my husband will land with me and he will go through the Canadian citizen passport control together with our baby, but I of course can't do that...so what if we "lose each other" and my thing takes forever and the baby starts screaming and needs me? Can they tag along to the immigration thing?