+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
AnnaMcG said:
Hi all,

Can I just ask how did everyone present their photos? Did they tack them down to paper? - It says to send things loose but it wont look very good having a million pictures just falling out when they open it! And did people staple / paperclip things together? I thought I saw it say about not putting things in plastic folders but I cant find the bit now!

Thanks everyone (sorry for nitpicking!!)

Anna :)
I used paper clips to hold pages together and put photos in a couple of envelopes. I also wrote on the back of each photo a brief description, who's in the photo, the approx date and the event. I put wedding photos on one envelope, and misc in the other.

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
My wife received the following from the London office today:

Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.

Should your personal circumstances (address, marriage, divorce, birth, death, adoption) change between now and the time you leave for Canada you must report the changes to us. Visas issued without the correct information concerning family status are invalid and admission to Canada will be refused.

The issuance of an immigration visa does not ensure your eventual acceptance into the practice of your profession or occupation in Canada. It is your responsibility to determine whether any licensing/registration requirements apply to your occupation or profession in the province where you wish to settle. Do not leave employment, sell property or take any irrevocable step in anticipation of immigrating to Canada until you have received your visa(s).

We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.

I'm confused... we paid online for a total of $1040, printed off the receipt, and sent it in with the application. Any idea why they think we didn't pay the amount? Anyone else had this experience before? Thanks.

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
jon_dza said:
Hi Everyone,

My application has been in progress since May 2011 and I just got the following from the London Embassy:

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

Original Police Certificates from Denmark

I am now sending them the missing certificate but I don't understand about the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" as we paid it online when we were first putting together the application and sent a copy of the receipt with the full package to Mississauga.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if CIC are? I am going to resend the receipt to both London and Mississauga. Is that going to be adequate?

Tawcan said:
My wife received the following from the London office today:

Dear Applicant,

Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused. Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope. Your file number is included in the subject field of this email.

Should your personal circumstances (address, marriage, divorce, birth, death, adoption) change between now and the time you leave for Canada you must report the changes to us. Visas issued without the correct information concerning family status are invalid and admission to Canada will be refused.

The issuance of an immigration visa does not ensure your eventual acceptance into the practice of your profession or occupation in Canada. It is your responsibility to determine whether any licensing/registration requirements apply to your occupation or profession in the province where you wish to settle. Do not leave employment, sell property or take any irrevocable step in anticipation of immigrating to Canada until you have received your visa(s).

We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.

I'm confused... we paid online for a total of $1040, printed off the receipt, and sent it in with the application. Any idea why they think we didn't pay the amount? Anyone else had this experience before? Thanks.
Someone from May received the same message - see above quote - very strange

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Thanks MDSB looks like we're not the only one. It's odd because we did include the receipt in the application. I paid online, printed off the receipt, and filled out the information.

Maybe the issue has to do with the receipt from online payment. It just says the amount ($1040) and doesn't actually list which items were checked?

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
We'd send the receipt to CPC-Mississauga right?

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

In the email they gave us an address for London office.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Tawcan said:
We'd send the receipt to CPC-Mississauga right?

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

In the email they gave us an address for London office.
I think you have to send the receipt to London not CPC-M becausr you already paid these fees,

by the way, did they communicate with you via email or mail??

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
They sent it via email to my wife (sponsored)

A little confusing in their email...it says:

Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days from the date of this email.

Then the address listed was
ARS
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

Sigh why do they make it so hard to understand what's going on?

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Tawcan said:
They sent it via email to my wife (sponsored)

A little confusing in their email...it says:

Please forward all requested documents together to the address below within 60 days from the date of this email.

Then the address listed was
ARS
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

Sigh why do they make it so hard to understand what's going on?
Why don't you send them an email to explain the issue and I think you can upload your receipt as well??

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Yeah my wife did that already. We'll wait and see what happens. :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Tawcan said:
Thanks MDSB looks like we're not the only one. It's odd because we did include the receipt in the application. I paid online, printed off the receipt, and filled out the information.

Maybe the issue has to do with the receipt from online payment. It just says the amount ($1040) and doesn't actually list which items were checked?
How annoying! Now I am terrified this will happen to us too. Could it be so that Mississauga kept the receipt so London doesn't know it's been paid? :eek:

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone :)

I have a query - we are both living in England and sending off the application here. Can we buy our flights to Canada and go out there before the visa is approved (i.e me on a visitor visa)? Just we still dont have good proof my husband is returning to Canada with me - but a flight ticket would be pretty good evidence!

Thanks

Anna :)

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
*sigh* it really seems the wheels have fallen off at the London VO. Maybe today I'll get my request for a fee I've already paid, or maybe I'll just get another month of silence and waiting. Presumably though if they're asking for the RPR fee, then it means they've decided the application in your favour?

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
chrischris said:
*sigh* it really seems the wheels have fallen off at the London VO. Maybe today I'll get my request for a fee I've already paid, or maybe I'll just get another month of silence and waiting. Presumably though if they're asking for the RPR fee, then it means they've decided the application in your favour?
Ditto! Serious case of sleeping on the job!