27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
Sorry to hear this. Your first CAIPS/GCMS request? Which number was it exactly?
It was my first.

I just got off the phone with the Canadian border patrol In Montana.For the U.S. side I need to fill out the vehicle equipment sheet which you can get from www.ucanimport.com,the letter from the lien holder and the original title if you have it depending on what state you live in.The vehicle doesnt have to be In the U.S. for 72 hours but you need to fax copies of this stuff to the U.S. side 72 hrs in advance of landing.The vehicle does have to be present when I land tho.

For the Canadian side Its actualy easier all I need Is the title and the letter from the lien holder.No fees are paid at the border you get a one time exempt when you land.

They also told me the recall letter Is only needed when you do the RIV.Well one last thing I have to over analyze as my wife puts It LOL.

destanova

Jan 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10Feb2011
File Transfer...
24Mar2011
Med's Done....
24Jan2011
Passport Req..
04Oct2011
quagaar145 said:
Finally got an e-cas update today!

"We started processing your application on September 12, 2011.

Medical results have been received."

I am very very happy to hear something. I got my file number from Buffalo back in July only after bugging them through email a couple of times, but since then I have been stuck at "application received."

Hopefully this means someone in Buffalo has woken up this week and we will hear more soon!
No ECAS update for us yet, BUT our MP did say that CIC got back tot hem about our file, and they're doing the background checks now. Hopefully this means we'll get PPR soon! It seems like they may finally be getting around to us Feb applicants!

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
gatherroses said:
My lawyer told us that we could chose Buffalo, Paris or Canada since she has been living in Canada for more than one year, and that seems consistent with what I've read. I am really new to all of this (I thought we could only apply in Canada), so I am just trying to figure out our options... which is proving more difficult than I thought it would be. I keep getting different information from different people (government, embassy, advisors, and lawyers). This seems to be one of the best ways to get information since everyone here has gone through the process.
I would suggest you go through the Paris office. My husband got his PPR in less than 5 months, and the other people on this board that went through Paris were around that time line also. Buffalo seems VERY unorganized and backed up from what I've seen on here.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Yay! Did you ever get an AOR?
No, I had only one ecas update that they received my application on Feb 16 . and after that I have not had any update.

seattlegirl

Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 28, 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 10, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 20, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 09, 2012
Hi I am new to the site looking for words of encouragement and stories.

I am from Seattle, WA and my husband is a Canadian sponsoring me for PR. We filed Jan 28, 2011 and received our file number and his approval on March 7, 2011. We have hired an attorney to file and handle the case for us but he is slow to give us any updates. I almost think he wont tell us anything except when we finally do get my PR. I see here as people get information on when things get done on their file and have a good idea when to expect PPR.

Hoping to hear something soon as I have been in Canada on visitor status, and then an extension, and while it is so very nice to be with my husband I miss my family and can't wait to go home for a visit.

Are there any cases this old processesing in Buffalo like ours? Is there any timeline to expect or even get the slightest bit of hope from that it will be coming soon?! :)

Thanks!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The AOR is an email from Buffalo, not an e-CAS update.
pmary said:
No, I had only one ecas update that they received my application on Feb 16 . and after that I have not had any update.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
The AOR is an email from Buffalo, not an e-CAS update.
I have a representative ( MP ? ) . Maybe she got that email . But I did not get any email from Buffalo .
ddobro2 , do you know how long does it take to get an PPR after In process ? do you think thay did my background check by now ? or my medical ? :D I am in a hurry ;D

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
pmary said:
I have a representative ( MP ? ) . Maybe she got that email . But I did not get any email from Buffalo .
ddobro2 , do you know how long does it take to get an PPR after In process ? do you think thay did my background check by now ? or my medical ? :D I am in a hurry ;D
In most cases Its been within a month or so.Im hopeing for that time line also because mine went In Process September 7th.

argenta

May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFF/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
11-01-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
Just wanted to post an update for the 2010 batch:

Our CAIPS request came by mail today (on a CD). Since our file was transferred to NYC it has definitely moved forward. Approvals on eligibility, medicals and criminality have been logged...we're not sure on the in's and out's of the process but any movement is good at this point. Fingers crossed that PR's the next step!

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
In most cases Its been within a month or so.Im hopeing for that time line also because mine went In Process September 7th.
When did the receive your medical ? Was it same time as you update to IN PROCESS ?

dhd

Oct 12, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA / Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
seattlegirl said:
Are there any cases this old processesing in Buffalo like ours? Is there any timeline to expect or even get the slightest bit of hope from that it will be coming soon?! :)
Sadly: yes, and no :(

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
seattlegirl said:
Hi I am new to the site looking for words of encouragement and stories.

I am from Seattle, WA and my husband is a Canadian sponsoring me for PR. We filed Jan 28, 2011 and received our file number and his approval on March 7, 2011.

Thanks!
December 17th. There is no rhyme or reason to how Buffalo does things. It's ridiculous.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome.
argenta said:
Just wanted to post an update for the 2010 batch:

Our CAIPS request came by mail today (on a CD). Since our file was transferred to NYC it has definitely moved forward. Approvals on eligibility, medicals and criminality have been logged...we're not sure on the in's and out's of the process but any movement is good at this point. Fingers crossed that PR's the next step!

gatherroses

Sep 14, 2011
I would suggest you go through the Paris office. My husband got his PPR in less than 5 months, and the other people on this board that went through Paris were around that time line also. Buffalo seems VERY unorganized and backed up from what I've seen on here.
Thanks!! I think we'll do Paris as well. Congratulations on your husband's status!!!

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
pmary said:
When did the receive your medical ? Was it same time as you update to IN PROCESS ?
Yes It was,both updates showed up at the same time.