App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Two weeks isn't too bad! I can't wait to have this all behind us... Not the people I have met along the way, but the stress, the worry, and the anxiety.

You guys have been great. :)

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
quakingaspen said:
Two weeks isn't too bad! I can't wait to have this all behind us... Not the people I have met along the way, but the stress, the worry, and the anxiety.

You guys have been great. :)
I've had numerous people asking what I've been doing different lately and telling me I look great (like the Bran commercial)! Honestly no more anxiety, huge smile on my face, it really shows!

eletyl

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
I think I got an AOR email yesterday from Buffalo! It contained a F********* number, but no B********* number. I can't seem to get the F number to work on e-Cas.

FleetingDasein

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
30-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
amaranth said:
Well, depending on what time you'll be there Monday night, this is what you may encounter... ;D
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=559439
Even if you do get stuck in the shenanigans, 99% of Sabres fans are civilized. Even the heaviest traffic isn't all that bad.

Keep an eye/ear out for bridge wait times too. You can call 1-800-715-6722 for bridge info. (is it sad that I have that number memorized?) They usually update the wait info every 20 minutes or so.

Please keep us posted on your experience with your visa and landing. I'll (clearly) be going in person for my passport stuff too, I'd love to know how it goes for you :)
Thank you for the info! I'm supposed to get there at 9:45pm, so I'm hoping traffic won't be too bad. I'm sure we'll head straight to the hotel to sleep so we can be at the Canadian Consulate bright and early Tuesday morning. I'll definitely keep you guys posted.

I got my pictures taken today; I just need to get down to Buffalo to complete the process. I've been gathering all the documents I need to get health coverage in Ontario. I'm also hoping to swing by Service Canada to get my SIN number the day after I land. I'm really looking forward to going back to work soon. :D Tuesday can't come any sooner!

chess101

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-10
AOR Received.
07-10-10
File Transfer...
10-09-10
Med's Request
Done Before
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 07
We're still waiting, no caips either it's been a month since I ordered them :( It's tough waiting

chess101

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-10
AOR Received.
07-10-10
File Transfer...
10-09-10
Med's Request
Done Before
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 07
What's the difference between AOR and IA

ritchierd

Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-11-2010
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
Still waiting....waiting....waiting....waiting
For those who have PPRs or have landed, did all of you have E-cas go from app received to in process or did anyone ever not see "in process" on theirs at all?

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
eCAS is very unreliable. Sometimes it updates each step of the way, and sometimes it never updates at all. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Most applications are taking at least two months after they reach Buffalo to move to "In Process" right now.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quakingaspen said:
eCAS is very unreliable. Sometimes it updates each step of the way, and sometimes it never updates at all. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Oh, yes.

If I had a cent for every e-CAS change that meant nothing,.......

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope someone can help me with this...

My husband is a citizen of India, and is in US on H1 visa. Our file was transfered to Buffalo on January 25, but we haven't heard from them at all, no AOR or e-cas update. However, an AOR should be on it's way soon, based on the way they have been progressing with all the December files.

My question is, how much does it affect that he is not a citizen of US. I saw a couple of cases here where they have been called for an interview, and the whole process has been delayed by months ! Is it something common for people who are not a citizen, or is it just for anyone they suspect. The thing is, I am planning to move to Windsor, which is where me and my husband plan to settle and he can cross the border daily to work in US (He is currently employed in a company in Detroit). I need some suggestion from people here whether I should plan the move right now, or instead move with him in US, if in case there are chances of our file getting delayed. I am leaving my job etc, and therefore, don't want to move to windsor and then live alone there since my husband wont be able to come here until he gets PPR.

Please help !

Ines

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
In process Nov 8 2010
File Transfer...
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Interview........
11/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
11/05/2011
LANDED..........
25/05/2011
Hey Sparkle,

My husband was called for interview as you already know. He's also Indian citizen in US in H1 visa. I read somewhere (I don't really remember where) the people under H1 visa are most likely to be interviewed. But I also believe that the interview is needed because we haven't provided enough evidence for our relationship and also because we spent very little time (in person) together before mariage.
Good luck, I hope you will not have to attend an interview, It is so frusturating.

sparkle said:
I hope someone can help me with this...

My husband is a citizen of India, and is in US on H1 visa. Our file was transfered to Buffalo on January 25, but we haven't heard from them at all, no AOR or e-cas update. However, an AOR should be on it's way soon, based on the way they have been progressing with all the December files.

My question is, how much does it affect that he is not a citizen of US. I saw a couple of cases here where they have been called for an interview, and the whole process has been delayed by months ! Is it something common for people who are not a citizen, or is it just for anyone they suspect. The thing is, I am planning to move to Windsor, which is where me and my husband plan to settle and he can cross the border daily to work in US (He is currently employed in a company in Detroit). I need some suggestion from people here whether I should plan the move right now, or instead move with him in US, if in case there are chances of our file getting delayed. I am leaving my job etc, and therefore, don't want to move to windsor and then live alone there since my husband wont be able to come here until he gets PPR.

Please help !

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey !

Oh..I know..it can be very frustrating ! The Buffalo office has already slowed down drastically, and then if an interview comes up for us, that will hard :(
We provided a lot of evidence, and got married in India, for which we provided photographs and wedding invitations etc.
The problem is, even we haven't spent a lot of time before marriage either! I used to just visit him on weekends, and that's pretty much it. He had visitor visa for Canada, and he visited me a few times for couple of days as well. But, since we cross by land, we didn't have any proof to show our visits !

We both came to Canada and US respectively for studies and then both of us work as engineers for the past 4-5 years. I wanted to know how strong is our case, and if there are chances of us being called for an interview, I might as well not move to Windsor, and rather move with him for the time being !

jessibee

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-09-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
chess101 said:
What's the difference between AOR and IA
AOR = Acknowledgment of Receipt
IA = Initial Assessment

The AOR is the letter you receive from Buffalo that lets you know they have started processing your application. The IA (also from Buffalo) explains whether you need an interview or have to send additional documents.

It seems as though not everyone gets one or both of these letters! I got both.

Ines

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
In process Nov 8 2010
File Transfer...
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Interview........
11/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
11/05/2011
LANDED..........
25/05/2011
Sparkle,

He visited me just once in his spring break before marriage. After that he came back, we got married and he stayed with me here during his summer vacation. he visited once after that and we submitted our application. We had a very small wedding reception and we haven;t subbmitted a lot of pictures.
Who knows, you might be more lucky than we were