Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But did you check the envelope for the second photo? I'm guessing either both photos are in the envelope somewhere, possibly both are on the COPR?

Vervain said:
Detroit only requests two photos. One came back affixed to our COPRs and I am assuming the other went off to be stuck in the PR card ^_^

We go tomorrow!!!!! I cannot believe this is almost over!!! After more than three years tomorrow it's official!

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
kerianne said:
Sauga: What's an MP, I'm a little late to the game. What is the purpose of contacting, because I too may need to contact in the near future.
since i am sick and cannot sleep well let's answer for Sauga.. a mp is a Member of Parliament

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Hi everyone,

My husband landed on Tuesday morning, October 12th around 8:00 AM at the Buffalo Peace Bridge crossing.

It was pretty uneventful. The paperwork took about 20 minutes. They processed the visa, said congratulations then he went to the other side of the room with his B4-B4A. They entered the info. into the computer, and sent him on his way. They didn't ask any questions, and did not look in the car.

He's home. It's finally over. Everything is wonderful.

Good luck to all still waiting.

S

SaugaBoss

SaugaBoss said:
Dralon!!

The MP called me this morning and he is contacting the head office and they are going to see where the hell my original one went he asked how long it takes to get a new one i said almost 3 months and im not in New Jersey. I hope they can find it. i put buffalo stickers on the envelope and the letter! i would recommend calling the MP doesnt hurt to try!
yesterday the MP called asking about the FBI certificate etc i hope he doesnt just tell me to get another one bc he asked how long it takes to get a new one...then the MP called me again yesterday asking me to forward the email where it states they dont have my original clearance letter... he was pretty much calling the head office in canada and they have access to the files, im still waiting to see what his follow up will be in this case!! i hope they freakin find it and also just process it... its still in background check. i want to call the MP but dont wanna push it so ill wait for his call

http://www.sirc-csars.gc.ca/anrran/2007-2008/sc02a-eng.html#section2_a_1_1 i found this link with estimated times.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
Dralon said:
since i am sick and cannot sleep well let's answer for Sauga.. a mp is a Member of Parliament
hi! i don't really belong to this thread, but can I ask -

how can an MP help with the application? Can applicants in other categories also ask for assistance from an MP? for example, an applicant who's a provincial nominee and has been residing in Canada on TRV for almost 2 years.

thanks to those who will reply :)

S

SaugaBoss

basically the MP doesnt really speed up your case or anything like that. they can inquire on your behalf to see where u stand in process thats all, for instance if u get a reply in process u can see exactly where in process i guess it depends. like for me im at the last stage in background check, i am also contacting the MP bc my visa office LOST my fbi clearance conveniently, the MP is calling them on my behalf since i cant call and they wont really admit they LOST it :eek:

fafi

Sep 17, 2010
kingston, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
jancath410 said:
Just an update: Although we rec'd PPR last week via e-mail, e-cas now show that medical has been rec'd.

LOL, this is hilarious, I was just about to ask if I should be worried that e-cas hasn't shown that my medicals been red'c and I've been in process for a bit now. Guess I can relax.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
SaugaBoss said:
basically the MP doesnt really speed up your case or anything like that. they can inquire on your behalf to see where u stand in process thats all, for instance if u get a reply in process u can see exactly where in process i guess it depends. like for me im at the last stage in background check, i am also contacting the MP bc my visa office LOST my fbi clearance conveniently, the MP is calling them on my behalf since i cant call and they wont really admit they LOST it :eek:
thank you! i am actually interested because most of the time if we inquire at the visa office ourselves all we get are standard responses and no details, so I guess that means that an MP can get more details out of them than we would.

i hope all the issues concerning your application will be resolved soon. thanks again for the info. :)

S

SaugaBoss

rubyalabar said:
thank you! i am actually interested because most of the time if we inquire at the visa office ourselves all we get are standard responses and no details, so I guess that means that an MP can get more details out of them than we would.

i hope all the issues concerning your application will be resolved soon. thanks again for the info. :)
not too much details but i know a lot of ppl get automated responses so it is better than those annoying emails we get from them. but i cant complain buffalo has been emailing me lately with specifics regarding my lost FBI clearance good luck

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
Is it true that instead of mailing your passport in when you get PPR you can go to Buffalo's office in person and land the same day?

I live two hours from Buffalo, and the airport my husband would arrive in is about 15 minutes from the border. I would love to take his passport in person with him and land the same day if possible.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Angel B you can go to the Buffalo office on Tuedays and Thursdays from 8am-12 or 1 I think. It takes around 2 hours and you can go to the border and land!

S

SaugaBoss

Good news from the MP he called me today and told me they found the FBI clearance and it is in my file! He said if your file is not complete within 3months give him a call back and he will contact them again since it is in background check right now. he said it can be sooner than 3 months which im sure it will be! now just hoping the background check will be done in a couple days...or weeks ... :-X

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
SaugaBoss said:
Good news from the MP he called me today and told me they found the FBI clearance and it is in my file! He said if your file is not complete within 3months give him a call back and he will contact them again since it is in background check right now. he said it can be sooner than 3 months which im sure it will be! now just hoping the background check will be done in a couple days...or weeks ... :-X
i hope for you that something will come up! but at least it is a good news

S

SaugaBoss

Dralon said:
i hope for you that something will come up! but at least it is a good news
yes i hope!! same with u! i feel like all the ones being held up are in background check or the relationship is being looked at whether its genuine or not...

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
i am wondering in which stage they are on my wife case. It would make me feel better to know i guess. Me i slightly think it could have to do with some part of our application was done in french. It would be sad if the delay would be because of that but who knows.