+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

S

SaugaBoss

We have received an original FBI police certificate dated February 1, 2010 and we have received a faxed copy of an FBI police certificate dated August 27, 2010. If you have the original FBI police certificate dated August 27, 2010 you may submit it at this time.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

my husband faxed it as well and i mailed the original! they have it i have confirmation they have it they stamped my deliv confirmation. idk y they r saying they do not have the original!!!! :mad:

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
SaugaBoss said:
We have received an original FBI police certificate dated February 1, 2010 and we have received a faxed copy of an FBI police certificate dated August 27, 2010. If you have the original FBI police certificate dated August 27, 2010 you may submit it at this time.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

my husband faxed it as well and i mailed the original! they have it i have confirmation they have it they stamped my deliv confirmation. idk y they r saying they do not have the original!!!! :mad:
I think they want to see how patient you are.. i do not know what else to say

S

SaugaBoss

like theres no point of me getting a f'in 3rd FBI thing when they'll dispose of it like the 2ncd one i mailed in. im not a criminal it says no arrest found idk y they r being retarded! im calling the MP again to see wtf they r doing :mad: :mad: :mad: they even said "if you have the original" what does that mean why dont they just tell me to send it why r they adding the ifs??

its also surprising they actually reply to me and not a lot of other ppl confirming receipt of docs wonder y that is... all my emails r specific to my case like with actual info not generic/automated

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
In concerns to the B4, I read somewhere that you won't need one if you're not bringing any goods. I mean I already have everything of mine up here. They say there is no need to write down disposables, ie. toiletries, etc. The only things I am going to need to claim are my clothes, snowboard, and laptop?? Literally, I sold everything and lived with family before coming up to BC. I have no furniture, car, appliances, etc. My hubby has everything, so I didn't need to bring anything up. Any suggestions?

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
SaugaBoss said:
like theres no point of me getting a f'in 3rd FBI thing when they'll dispose of it like the 2ncd one i mailed in. im not a criminal it says no arrest found idk y they r being retarded! im calling the MP again to see wtf they r doing :mad: :mad: :mad: they even said "if you have the original" what does that mean why dont they just tell me to send it why r they adding the ifs??

its also surprising they actually reply to me and not a lot of other ppl confirming receipt of docs wonder y that is... all my emails r specific to my case like with actual info not generic/automated
I understand the feeling.. tell me how it goes with the MP. I am about to do the same since my wife medical will expire soon... I give them this week after i write to my local one

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kerianne said:
In concerns to the B4, I read somewhere that you won't need one if you're not bringing any goods. I mean I already have everything of mine up here. They say there is no need to write down disposables, ie. toiletries, etc. The only things I am going to need to claim are my clothes, snowboard, and laptop?? Literally, I sold everything and lived with family before coming up to BC. I have no furniture, car, appliances, etc. My hubby has everything, so I didn't need to bring anything up. Any suggestions?
My husband is in the same situation. He brought all his clothes already and nothing else is coming with him.

S

SaugaBoss

Dralon said:
I understand the feeling.. tell me how it goes with the MP. I am about to do the same since my wife medical will expire soon... I give them this week after i write to my local one
i will let u know what he says tomorrow! im not in the USA anymore so getting fingerprints r costing 50$ plus 18$ FBI fee plus mailing it out to the USA from Canada and tracking it ??? im not trying to pay close to $100 bc of Buffalos mistake of misplacing my FBI certificate i wish i can go to their office and talk to them :mad:

i wonder when this whole hassle will stop consuming my life i feel like a loser :X

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kerianne said:
Good morning! I was wondering if, by some miracle, I receive my visa before Dec. 15th, I would want to "land" when we fly up to NB for Christmas holidays. However, we will be coming back for at least 4 months before we make the final move and ship our belongings. Is it okay to do it this way?

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
nelly72 said:
Good morning! I was wondering if, by some miracle, I receive my visa before Dec. 15th, I would want to "land" when we fly up to NB for Christmas holidays. However, we will be coming back for at least 4 months before we make the final move and ship our belongings. Is it okay to do it this way?
You can do that, however, you do need to have every item you intend on bringing with you, on the goods to follow list when you land.

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_usa_97 said:
You can do that, however, you do need to have every item you intend on bringing with you, on the goods to follow list when you land.
Thanks!

How long after receiving the visa do we have before we go through the landing process? We will be shipping a 20' container in March to NB so I am not sure I will be able to produce a list in December ??? Although, as long as I can group items such as "linen", "clothing", "dishes", furniture etc., then I may be able to do it.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
nelly72 said:
Thanks!

How long after receiving the visa do we have before we go through the landing process? We will be shipping a 20' container in March to NB so I am not sure I will be able to produce a list in December ??? Although, as long as I can group items such as "linen", "clothing", "dishes", furniture etc., then I may be able to do it.
In general (I haven't read of a case otherwise, but I am sure there has been) you can land up to the 1 year mark of your medical exam. In some instances, if your passport expires before that -then you have to land by when you passport expires. I think those are the only two.

S

SaugaBoss

Dralon!!

The MP called me this morning and he is contacting the head office and they are going to see where the hell my original one went he asked how long it takes to get a new one i said almost 3 months and im not in New Jersey. I hope they can find it. i put buffalo stickers on the envelope and the letter! i would recommend calling the MP doesnt hurt to try!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Good luck Saugaboss! Hopefully they can find it. I would be screaming at someone for sure!

wmaitner

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My experience geting my Visa in Buffalo. Warning, long post ahead with sarcasm.

Warning: This is probably going to be a long post. Some of my post got messed with by spell checking, so if parts if it doesn't make sense. there's my excuse. I'll go back through and double check things as I find time.

After five months to the day I got my passport request. Joy! (BTW that was sarcasm to the English challenged out there.) I tried to borrow a car, but was stuck renting one. Whatever you do, try to avoid this route, as they will charge you almost a full days' charge is you are even one hour late. Also, if you are driving, don't let anyone mess with your schedule by making you worry you didn't allow enough time to drive. Waiting in your car for seven hours til CIC opens their doors because you drove into town too early and you don't want to spend $100 for a hotel room.. Nevermind, you know where I'm going with that.

Driving from Grand Rapids, MI to Buffalo, NY means driving through the US at over a 8 hour drive or through Canada for a 6.5 hour drive.. No brainer, right? BUT! I get to the border crossing near Sarnia, Ontario and the stupid questions begin. I tell the border crossing agent where I'm going and why. She says to me "Why are you going to the office in Buffalo to get your Visa. You know there is an office in Detroit right?" I told her it wasn't my choice, that was the office that processed my Visa. She continues for five minutes trying to talk me into, apparently, going to Detroit to get my Visa. Finally she releases me for the drive through Canada. Now I loose phone service for five minutes while my iPhone hands off from AT&T to Rogers. The only bright side to my trip, Rogers had five bars on my iphone the WHOLE trip through Ontario. I'm used to three to four bars on AT&T at home.

About Canadian drivers. WTH? I guess this is also about Canadian police. I saw ONE Canadian police car on the road (not including at weigh stations) both ways. The speed limit signs all over the place are for 80km/h, some (but not many) for 100km/h. There are signs saying if you drive 50 km/h faster than posted there is a $50,000 fine, roadside license suspension and roadside confiscation of your car. Ok? Think that might get people to drive the speed limit? Heck no! I'm driving with the cruise control set to 120km/h the entire way there. I'm being passed by little old men in lil Suzuki sub compact cars, big rigs and teens driving cars that should have been junked five years ago. Some little old lady in a mini cooper passed me like I was sitting still in a construction zone. She had to have been doing 150km/h where it was posted 60km/h in a construction zone. I also noticed lots of "speed patroled by aircraft" signs. Talk about cheating, but whatever, no one was going the speed limit anyway. Here in Michigan they passed a law that had the state police test roads for what people were really driving and raise the speed limits accordingly. Canada could learn a thing or two from us. 120km/h is what, 70mph? And they want to limit highway speeds to 80km/h? Say what? Ok, enough about that I guess.

I got to the American crossing, OMG. The guy totally made me feel like a terrorist. Why am I going there, for how long, where you from, what's your nationality, where were you born, let me see your papers, hail Hitler.... Ok, maybe I made up the last bit, maybe.. Anyways, handed over the car rental papers (the only stop that asked for them, btw). He even had me open the trunk, something I never did or knew how to, since it was a rental. Her tears apart the trunk, pounding on it looking for a false bottom, what an idiot. Eventually I'm allowed on.

Ok, now I'm in Buffalo. If you get there early, just get a hotel room. No place in the city feels safe to stay for long. I drove around for most of the night. Buffalo feels dirtier, more rundown than Detroit (for those of you that don't understand, it's bad.) I pulled up to the building and they had security outside. I got one to come to my car window and was nice enough to talk to me, after calling into central to tell them what he was doing (haha). He told me that there was really no place to park for the night, but that there were a lots around to park in starting around 6am. And to come on in after 6 to wait for the consolate to call you up. Great, more good news. Drove around, found a Dennys to eat at and a 24hour Walmart to window shop to kill some time. (You know you're bored when you wander Walmart to kill time).

6AM rolls around. I parked in the parking ramp across the street, apparently it's for sporting events, but open to the public during the day. The web site says no cell phones or computers, so I lock up my iPad and iPhone and my trusty Leatherman (in case they do security checks ala airport security). I kicked myself all morning for that. I get into the building and there is a Tim Horton's in the basement that was open WITH FREE WIFI! ARGH! No iPhone or iPad. ;( I got a breakfast sandwich, which by definition sucked. I go upstairs (err three story escalator) and talk to the nice lady at the desk. I was a total idiot, but eventually got out what I wanted to say. She told me to wait at the bottom of the escalator and they would send someone down to cattle call us up for our passes. Great. An hour and a half waiting around without my phone. Now I'm feeling bored and naked (I never go anywhere without my phone). Eventually we have a small line of people and down comes this security guard.... Anyone ever seen the Serpent and the Rainbow? About the guy who goes to find the powder to make zombies for the phama industry? The guard looks and sounds exactly like the leader of the secret police and voodoo master from that movie.. Kinda creepy, no? Anyway he brings us up the escalator, mind you, he doesn't wait at wall and basically runs up the escalator while everyone looks up like "What's his hurry?" He asks for your passport and scans it. Honestly, I think it was just a blacklight thingy to make sure it's not fake, but whatever. We get a temporary pass that we have to stick on our chests (left or right side please) and toss out the paper backing in front of the security guard. We are then directed towards the elevator and told to press the button with the Canadian flag (ie the 30th floor). (Funny no mention about cell phones yet.) I get up the elevator, apparently before the 30th floor is ready, because there is no one up there to direct me. Only two doors, one says immigration, so I go there. There are three "interview rooms" in this area with a bunch (but not enough it would appear) of red chairs. Can't remember what the first door said, guessing visitor visas, second one was permanent resident and the third was cashier. Sit down in the second one, being the first person upstairs. Give her my letter, my password and TWO pictures. She is apparently confused as to why the letter says three pictures. There are signs everywhere that say no cell phones, but no one has said anything up to this point. She takes my stuff, a lil chit chat and says that I should sit down and wait. She told me it would be between one and two hours (she said most likely only one hour, but she has to cover her bases). Finally after walking out of the interview room I hear "Make sure your cellphones are turned off." Doh! I could have been surfing the net or chatting on Yahoo with my wife this whole time!

Ok, I sit down and chat up a nice couple who lives in Ontario who's wife in from the US (well, originally from Argentina). She has her own issues, as she lost her passport 20 years ago and that apparently gets her flagged on any international crossing (and she does a lot of traveling). Anyways, since I didn't have my phone or ipad to kill time with, I chatted with her for the hour or so I waited. Yes, I only had to wait an hour. They called mine and her numbers at the same time. The lady in the center (permanent resident) window gave us back the letter, our passport and an envelope full of information for the landing. They said we are all set and to have a good day. Wow, simple huh? I head back to the elevators and get stopped by a guy who asked if I was done and if I would be coming back up. When I said no, he informed me that I had to remove and dispose of the temporary pass before I could leave the floor. Fine, just remember you're going to have to do the dame thing. Guess you don't have to worry about bring up your cell phone after all, just be nice enough to turn it off up there.

Great, drive back was pretty much the same as the drive up, just now it's day light and I'm tired to the point of passing out. I get into Canada, accidentally talked out of actually landing by my wife. Great, great, great, great, great. Anyways, more insane drivers. Speed limits seemed to unofficially go up by 10km/h due to no worry of crossing deer? I seriously considered stopping in Toronto to take a pick in front of Mike Holmes' construction company (huge fan, longer story). BUT. I decided to drive home ASAP because I have a sick kittie at home. US crossing gave attitude when he saw my Visa to move to Canada. Asked me even more questions, but didn't bother to check my car. I ended up pulling over at some point and caught a quick 40 winks. Funny thing, I was happy to be back in the US where people drove "close" to the speed limit and I actually saw cops again. Can't believe I just said that.

Well, that was my adventure. Guess the things to remember are:

1. Don't get there too early, there is nothing to do in Buffalo at night on a week day.
2. Wait at the bottom of the escalator (Tim Horton side) for the security guy to come get you.
3. Remember your visitor number, it's on the temp pass sticker, that's what they call you up by.
4. You can keep your cellphone, just turn it off on the 30th floor.
5. Expect a wait once you're up there.
6. The girls in the windows are quite funny as long as you are. Don't be ass-y with them if they ask something you weren't ready for. They can be ass-y back, and they have armed security to back them up.
7. Once you get there, it is pretty painless. Bring a book or magazine, because you will be waiting for a while.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Re: My experience geting my Visa in Buffalo. Warning, long post ahead with sarcasm.

wmaitner said:
Well, that was my adventure. Guess the things to remember are:

1. Don't get there too early, there is nothing to do in Buffalo at night on a week day.
2. Wait at the bottom of the escalator (Tim Horton side) for the security guy to come get you.
3. Remember your visitor number, it's on the temp pass sticker, that's what they call you up by.
4. You can keep your cellphone, just turn it off on the 30th floor.
5. Expect a wait once you're up there.
6. The girls in the windows are quite funny as long as you are. Don't be assy with them if they ask something you weren't ready for. They can be assy back, and they have armed security to back them up.
7. Once you get there, it is pretty painless. Bring a book or magazine, because you will be waiting for a while.
Good tips, what an adventure. I'm totally just bringing my passport card next month to visit by car, and not my passport book - man. Unless we end up opting to goto Buffalo for the visa... but I'm thinking if Buffalo is worse than Detroit (we purposely goto Port Huron when we visit London to avoid Detroit) then I don't want to take 2 3year olds into a visa office.

Hope that your landing in 2 weeks goes well.