+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
agree with ya giggles ! it culd take from week to years right !

exemple me now i m in my month 11 processin my application via buffalo visa office
they told me that they are doin background check( i still waitin anyways )

want to ask ya question if you have an idea : how do i know that my interview is waived ?? i never received latter said that
lets say that i have all part done , just waitin for this background check to finish

S

SaugaBoss

thanks guys and amine01 if i waited 11 months id say screw canada to my hubby ur moving to the USA! no joke id find a job and apt here for us

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
amine01 - sometimes when they send you a letter to ask for another piece of information they will put on it "at this time it does not appear that a personal interview will be required" or something like that. But if you never get a request for more info, then you may never know until you get your PPR or interview request! Many of us here (including myself) got our PPR's without anything ever mentioning an interview.

@SaugaBoss - what makes you think US immigration is any easier? The US is the one who is pressuring Canada to tighten their border security...

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
to Giggles : well i received a letter askin about what i have been and wahat i was doin betwwen 2 periods ! and i sent it to them ( but i will see if there s something sayy anything about an interview on it ) hope that i m not misson anything
please also for exemple : my application startred processin then as i told you they did ask for some information , i believe that they needin it for my background check ( and i sent all they need ) , now they start doin my background check right !!!! will they put my application on hold and how they will go back finish it when my background get done ! just wonderin cos for sure a lot of application are waitin ! i hope you know what i mean

anyways i found that your are helpfull and i m thankfull

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
just some thought to you saugabosss

if you never receive a request for some information about ya in maximum ( and i said maximum ) 2 month

you will be goood and finish soooon !

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
amine01 - Your case sounds a bit unique as I haven't heard many people be asked what they were doing during a specific time period. It seems like they have some suspicion in your case. You were born outside the US, correct?

Here is a copy of the letter I was talking about. Many people are sent this letter. At the top it says that they expect that you won't have to do an interview and then later they ask for more documents.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fu7F_--xAZc/SxvEp3yTpVI/AAAAAAAAAEo/PXwSr_RHLiI/s1600-h/imm+003.JPG

It sounds to me like yours was an unusual case and the letter was probably written by the IO rather than be a basic stock letter like this one. So it might not be in the same format. When they ask for some information, yes, they typically put your application on hold and go back to it on the revisit date. In your case, the background checks for the other countries where you have lived are probably what is holding you up. I hope you hear something soon!

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
exactly with what happenin ! i m nor born in USA i was born in TUNISIA ( may be that s why my background taking longer and longer )
i think letter that i recieved was written by the IO your right
but i receive some how similar at this letter when they send me the approvela from mississuga and ask to me to apply for the CSQ ( quebec form )

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
I know I was transferred to Detroit but I figured I'd let you Buffalo people know too, that I got an email this morning with PPR! My file was transferred to Detroit two weeks ago to the day! Yay for expediting :D I'll be going tomorrow to get my photos done and mail out our Passports. Hopefully in ten days or so I can land! The email from Detroit said if I didn't have an address in the US or Canada I could do drop off, I wish I could do a drop off in person and have them mail it back to Canada that would cut down on the mailing time crossing the border. I could try and do FedEx but I worry it might be too much right now. Anywho, babbling! Super happy and can't wait to tell hubby!

frenchrock

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Massena, New York, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
waived
Med's Done....
26-04-2009 (expired/waived)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2010
LANDED..........
pending
Vervain said:
I know I was transferred to Detroit but I figured I'd let you Buffalo people know too, that I got an email this morning with PPR! My file was transferred to Detroit two weeks ago to the day! Yay for expediting :D I'll be going tomorrow to get my photos done and mail out our Passports. Hopefully in ten days or so I can land! The email from Detroit said if I didn't have an address in the US or Canada I could do drop off, I wish I could do a drop off in person and have them mail it back to Canada that would cut down on the mailing time crossing the border. I could try and do FedEx but I worry it might be too much right now. Anywho, babbling! Super happy and can't wait to tell hubby!
Congratulations!

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Vervain said:
Congratulations!!!

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
frenchrock said:
Congratulations!
And to you too :D Today is a GREAT day! First day of Fall, PPR AND first day of my 2nd trimester! hehe

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
Vervain said:
And to you too :D Today is a GREAT day! First day of Fall, PPR AND first day of my 2nd trimester! hehe
What a great day! Congrats to Vervain and Frenchrock. That's really great news. Good luck with landing. And Vervain good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
frenchrock said:
I HAVE NEWS!!!!!!!!

I received my PPR via E-mail today!!! I have until October 20th to submit my passport. I'll be traveling to Buffalo in the very near future to take care of the last step! I'm so excited about this, as is my wife!

Any tips on what I should be bringing, other than the 3 requested photos?
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!
My application was received just a day after your. OMG..............I want to receive my PPR, too :'(

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
frenchrock said:
I HAVE NEWS!!!!!!!!

I received my PPR via E-mail today!!! I have until October 20th to submit my passport. I'll be traveling to Buffalo in the very near future to take care of the last step! I'm so excited about this, as is my wife!

Any tips on what I should be bringing, other than the 3 requested photos?
Congrats!!!! on this good news.

jessibee

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-09-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-04-2011
My husband went to Windsor this week to get his fingerprints taken digitally for an RCMP record check, as per Buffalo's instructions to do so. Does anyone know how much time this process adds to the application? They said the record check takes 72 hours to complete when it is done digitally. Will the IO just wait until the revisit date to open our file again?

What does it mean when they ask for an RCMP record check? My husband has spent time in Canada over the years and did study for a semester in Montreal. Could this be why? I'm not worried about his record but I wonder why they would ask for this.

Thanks so much! And congrats to those who are getting their PR stamps!