Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
1-10-2010
LANDED..........
30-11-2010
thanks guys! I'm having such a hard time believing it's almost over. Just this last week I was so upset over the whole process because I thought I still had so much time to wait and after viewing pictures of everyone's application on another thread and they were so big and mine was no where near that size and I had 10 years to document i felt very defeated. :(

I'll keep you all in the loop and I'm eager to see everyone else find there way through it. I think I'm going to head up to BC next weekend so we can all visit one more time before I send in my passport.

Anyone know how long it takes once you send it in?

S

SaugaBoss

USA2BCCANADA said:
thanks guys! I'm having such a hard time believing it's almost over. Just this last week I was so upset over the whole process because I thought I still had so much time to wait and after viewing pictures of everyone's application on another thread and they were so big and mine was no where near that size and I had 10 years to document i felt very defeated. :(

I'll keep you all in the loop and I'm eager to see everyone else find there way through it. I think I'm going to head up to BC next weekend so we can all visit one more time before I send in my passport.

Anyone know how long it takes once you send it in?

soo freakin jealous!! thats only like 2 monthsssssssssssss but congrats <3 :)

S

SaugaBoss

amine01 said:
to SAUGABOSS

wanna know please if ater you received your AOR from Buffalo did you receive after it a letter askin for siome information ( like your you h been nettwend certain place and what you v been doin ? )

i receive the same email from them

it s the saaaaaaame email i got from them and it s what happenin to me

thank and good luck
hmmm im scared now lol...i never got anything since my AOR no letter no requests for anything. yesterday i emailed them to see whats going on with my case bc 2 months since no contact or info on my file...(i mailed in my RPRF and my 2ncd FBI clearance withOUT them requesting it) sooo me and u got the same email... did u live anywhere beside the US?

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
Alright. I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out why my passport request is taking so long! I'm 30, no criminal record, master's degree. My dad was in the US millitary growing up so we moved around a lot and as an adult I kept moving cuz I couldn't sit still (could this be it). My fiance and I met in the US. He's a dual cit (could this be it)? He got laid off and had to go on unemployment for a year (could this be it)? When he couldn't find another job we decided to move to Canada where he would go back to school. He's in Canada and now I'm living with my parents in the US waiting for this PR to finally be done so I can get on with my life, career, and be with my hubby. They requested my RPRF at the beginning of August. What is happening with my application?? :-[

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
ljane79 said:
Alright. I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out why my passport request is taking so long! I'm 30, no criminal record, master's degree. My dad was in the US millitary growing up so we moved around a lot and as an adult I kept moving cuz I couldn't sit still (could this be it). My fiance and I met in the US. He's a dual cit (could this be it)? He got laid off and had to go on unemployment for a year (could this be it)? When he couldn't find another job we decided to move to Canada where he would go back to school. He's in Canada and now I'm living with my parents in the US waiting for this PR to finally be done so I can get on with my life, career, and be with my hubby. They requested my RPRF at the beginning of August. What is happening with my application?? :-[
it can take several weeks for them to clear the RPRF, I imagine that you'll be getting your PPR very soon!

S

SaugaBoss

ljane u should get it soon if they requested rPRF thats the last stepand ur approved just need payment to clear....

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Just wanted to report in on our experience today going to Buffalo to pick up our passport. ;D
We got to the office about 7:15 and were told to wait downstairs and that a guard would come and get us in a bit - there was nobody else down there! Anyway, it didn't take too long (15 minutes?) and the guard came, there were a few people waiting up by the security desk where they give you a security badge numbered in order of people waiting - so I'd recommend if you are there before 7:30 unobtrusively hanging around till they start giving out tags so you can see whats going on (its a huge lobby).

We were given #7 and sent up to the 30th floor and told to go to a wicket where they took the passport/pics/letter and said it would be about an hour. Well, it was 2 hours, but they called up most of the people that were doing PR visas, and gave them back. A few instructions and we were on our way. She didn't tell us to wait a couple hours to cross, but we told her we would be deferring landing because of a trip to Europe on Saturday, so she may not have bothered.

There was not wait at the border (as there hadn't been the night before) and the IO had not issue with us deferring, but was surprised to find out that Buffalo is the major processing centre for PR applications for Americans (he was wondering why Buffalo was processing an application for someone in Vancouver).

Anyway, wanted to say that if there is any way you can do it in person, we highly recommend it!!!
Best of luck to all! Being right in the middle of those who were processed quickly, and those who are still waiting, we can definitely say it is worth the wait!

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
dhdesigns said:
Hi all,
Just wanted to report in on our experience today going to Buffalo to pick up our passport. ;D
We got to the office about 7:15 and were told to wait downstairs and that a guard would come and get us in a bit - there was nobody else down there! Anyway, it didn't take too long (15 minutes?) and the guard came, there were a few people waiting up by the security desk where they give you a security badge numbered in order of people waiting - so I'd recommend if you are there before 7:30 unobtrusively hanging around till they start giving out tags so you can see whats going on (its a huge lobby).

We were given #7 and sent up to the 30th floor and told to go to a wicket where they took the passport/pics/letter and said it would be about an hour. Well, it was 2 hours, but they called up most of the people that were doing PR visas, and gave them back. A few instructions and we were on our way. She didn't tell us to wait a couple hours to cross, but we told her we would be deferring landing because of a trip to Europe on Saturday, so she may not have bothered.

There was not wait at the border (as there hadn't been the night before) and the IO had not issue with us deferring, but was surprised to find out that Buffalo is the major processing centre for PR applications for Americans (he was wondering why Buffalo was processing an application for someone in Vancouver).

Anyway, wanted to say that if there is any way you can do it in person, we highly recommend it!!!
Best of luck to all! Being right in the middle of those who were processed quickly, and those who are still waiting, we can definitely say it is worth the wait!
Thanks a lot for the info.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
My hubby just got the email from Buffalo that his application has been received and a file created! (Sept 22)

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

frenchrock

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Massena, New York, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
waived
Med's Done....
26-04-2009 (expired/waived)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2010
LANDED..........
pending
I HAVE NEWS!!!!!!!!

I received my PPR via E-mail today!!! I have until October 20th to submit my passport. I'll be traveling to Buffalo in the very near future to take care of the last step! I'm so excited about this, as is my wife!

Any tips on what I should be bringing, other than the 3 requested photos?

USA2BCCANADA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Oregon, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
AOR Received.
01-09-2010
Med's Done....
01-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
1-10-2010
LANDED..........
30-11-2010
Congrats Frenchrock!!!!

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo&gt;Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
frenchrock said:
I HAVE NEWS!!!!!!!!

I received my PPR via E-mail today!!! I have until October 20th to submit my passport. I'll be traveling to Buffalo in the very near future to take care of the last step! I'm so excited about this, as is my wife!

Any tips on what I should be bringing, other than the 3 requested photos?
Congrats! Nope, LA just asked me for photos, to include a copy of the letter, and a silly worksheet that makes me list my height and eye color.

S

SaugaBoss

cngrats everyone! ;D ;D ;D

i justed called CSIS and they said it could take more than 1 year for my BGC

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo&gt;Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
SaugaBoss, they are just giving you the maximum time because they don't want to promise anything that they can't deliver. I very highly doubt it will be another year. What I've learned in this process is that any time they give you a "timeline" they inflate it greatly to ensure that they will be able to meet it. For example, Buffalo advises that they will acknowledge receipt of your application within 20 weeks!! We all know it's pretty much always less than that. So don't put too much stock in their "timelines", ok?

It shouldn't be too much longer for your PPR to come :) a month or two max, I'd say. Barring some other new problem, of course.