Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
So cool to check on the process everyone is going through. I will be going though Buffalo outland as well.
Not getting married till Aug but want everything done except the marr cir. Printed out the forms today and getting my fingerprints done the end of the week.Good luck all!!!

Dated 5 yrs but did not keep much to show this but have the past yr
I am from the US and he is Ca born and raised
I am retired and he works full time ( he is 4 yrs younger)

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the applicant, born and raised in Thailand, but I have been in Canada for almost 2 years with a study permit. We just got married in Dec 2009 but have known each other since Sept 2007. My husband the sponsor was born and raised in Canada. We are both 30 years old and currently living in Ontario together.

We are hoping that Buffalo will finish processing before my study permit expires in September, but so far we calculate that we will at least hear if we need an interview or not between end of May and early June ... Good luck to everyone!

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
Hi,

I'm sponsoring my husband (American Citizen). I'm Canadian born but also have US citizenship. Married in Oct 2009, together since June 2005. Straightforward case.
We're both living in California right now and applied outland. Our Visa office is Buffalo. Sponsorhip was approved on May 6th (app received Mar 3rd). Seems like it took forever!

We move to Quebec City in 2 weeks. We're hoping my husband can "visit" until the visa is issued. So nervous about all this. :-\

Good luck to all.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories. I am wishing the best of luck to everyone and their families. :)
I hope we all get good results and fast.

sbwv09 Wow I can't imagine getting approved in under 3 months. That would be AMAZING.

the-fanatics

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2010
Seems like we are the only few ones out there applying through common-law. Now that makes us worry since we are really hoping that the interview will be waived to reduce wait time. ???

fibud

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
Med's Done....
18-12-09
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-06-10
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-10
LANDED..........
23-06-10
the-fanatics said:
Seems like we are the only few ones out there applying through common-law. Now that makes us worry since we are really hoping that the interview will be waived to reduce wait time. ???
don't fret about being common-law. the bottom line is the genuinity of your relationship. if you submitted the correct proof of your relationship (rental agreements, utility bills, pictures, letters from friends/family) - it does not make a difference in the processing.

i have been in a common-law relationship for 3 years with a brazilian, we have dated just about 6 years and we received our interview waiver :D

the-fanatics

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2010
Thanks fibud! We have submitted everything we could think of and we have lived together for over 2 years. We have a joint insurance but no joint lease/bank account. We also have letters from families and utility bills and statements going to the same address. May I ask how did they notify you that an interview is waived?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I'll chime in here to, though I have finished the process. I applied outland via Buffalo in the conjugal partner category. I'm American (South Carolina) and he has dual citizenship- French by birth and naturalized Canadian. We live in Mississauga, where I waited out the process. I'm 45, he's 53. Both married prior, he has one grown child. No criminal history.

We applied in early August 2009. I drove to Buffalo to get my COPR after the PPR and landed in early November 2009. It took about one month to approve the sponsorship and about 2 months for the PR processing...just less than 3 months total wait time.

For those still in process, much luck and best wishes for a speedy and happy outcome!

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband's Canadian and I'm from the US (South Carolina). We are currently in northern BC and I'm waiting it out here on a TRV. We applied in early March and got sponsor approval at the end of the month. File was transfered to Buffalo March 29th and haven't heard anything since.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Nej, Where in SC are you from? I'm from Charleston, but lived a long time in Columbia. How did you meet Mr Canada?

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
How long had the two of you been together when you applied? It would seem to m that the longer the relationship the faster the process but I don't know if that is actally the case.

AllisonVSC said:
I'll chime in here to, though I have finished the process. I applied outland via Buffalo in the conjugal partner category. I'm American (South Carolina) and he has dual citizenship- French by birth and naturalized Canadian. We live in Mississauga, where I waited out the process. I'm 45, he's 53. Both married prior, he has one grown child. No criminal history.

We applied in early August 2009. I drove to Buffalo to get my COPR after the PPR and landed in early November 2009. It took about one month to approve the sponsorship and about 2 months for the PR processing...just less than 3 months total wait time.

For those still in process, much luck and best wishes for a speedy and happy outcome!

fibud

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
Med's Done....
18-12-09
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-06-10
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-10
LANDED..........
23-06-10
the-fanatics said:
Thanks fibud! We have submitted everything we could think of and we have lived together for over 2 years. We have a joint insurance but no joint lease/bank account. We also have letters from families and utility bills and statements going to the same address. May I ask how did they notify you that an interview is waived?
Once your application has reached Buffalo, and usually just after receving the AOR(acknowledgement of receipt) they will send you a general letter to confirm the preassessment - let you know if they require additional documents or not and at the beginning of the letter they stated that at this time there is no need for an interview (although the immigration officer still holds the right to request an interview later on).

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nej said:
My husband's Canadian and I'm from the US (South Carolina). We are currently in northern BC and I'm waiting it out here on a TRV. We applied in early March and got sponsor approval at the end of the month. File was transfered to Buffalo March 29th and haven't heard anything since.
Nej

If I'm not wrong, you just got TRV extension right? Did you extend TRV online? Or if you mail, where did you send the extension application to? How long did it take? And did you need to send them the passport? I have to extend my TRV soon so want to know the timeline for TRV extension so I can calculate when is the best time to do it.

Thanks

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alisa said:
Nej

If I'm not wrong, you just got TRV extension right? Did you extend TRV online? Or if you mail, where did you send the extension application to? How long did it take? And did you need to send them the passport? I have to extend my TRV soon so want to know the timeline for TRV extension so I can calculate when is the best time to do it.

Thanks
I printed out the application online then sent it in with copies of passport pages and the other things the checklist asks. My husband and I also included a letter saying that he would be responsible for me financially while we waited on PR and proof of applying for PR and medical (sponsorship letter, reciept from doctor). It was sent to the Vergiville office and it took about 2 months to process (the time the website said it took). While you're waiting on the TRV, you're on implied status so you don't have to worry about your visa time expiring. I sent mine in 30 days before my 6 months were ending (ended April 6) but didn't have to worry about flying back due to the implied status. We recieved the letter on May 6 saying that I was good for a year (til May 2011). The form will ask when you want to return, I've read the IO will give 6 months usually, but I asked for a year and that's what I got. :) Hope this helps.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
heatherusa said:
How long had the two of you been together when you applied? It would seem to m that the longer the relationship the faster the process but I don't know if that is actally the case.
We've been together since Feb. 2004. We met on match dot com.