Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonVSC said:
Nej, Where in SC are you from? I'm from Charleston, but lived a long time in Columbia. How did you meet Mr Canada?
I was born and raised in Columbia, northeast part of town, and moved away for college/grad school to FL about 5 years ago. My hubby and I met online last Jan and were married in Dec. Been in Canada since Oct. in Vancouver and just moved to Ft St John, BC last week. Lots of changes in the past year. :)

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
well i m new here and i need to know some information about my case

well i sent my application as a family class sponsorship my wife sponsor me ,and we are both in quebec ( actually ) to the visa office mississauga ( outland ) , i receive my CSQ from quebec they send it to buffalo and i still waitin for the answer from them ( buffalo ) since november 2nd till now. ( they told that i could send everything to veggreville then my files will be treated inland , but i dont know if it s better or no .....)

please i need you guys to tell me what you think about my case when and what s gonna happen

i send alll paper with the medical result and security paper from here and i payed already my fee from RP
everything everything

please help

thanx a lot

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I don't know what a CSQ is or anything, but I do know that it's almost never better to have a file treated inland. I assume you're in Quebec as a visitor and that you have filed everything already and that is in Buffalo? It seems like it will be better just to wait it out.. but other people may know more.

Most Buffalo apps are approved in around 6 months but some people have a longer wait. It's not the fastest office but far from the slowest. Do you have any situations that may cause the officers to question your relationship? Any criminality issues?

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
well firs Thank you for your response :)

CSQ is a certificate that quebc gives you ( certificate fo selection of quebec that say that they accepted the sponsorship and i m welcome to be here in quebec ) then they send a copy to my visa office ( buffalo ) to let them start the process.

relationship is ok they didnt ask for anythin except to confirm my adress in case they will send me somethin as a letter ro whatever and i dont have any criminality issues in canada of in my original country ( already send them both from here and my background country )

bufalo visa office just send me a letter to say that my files are ok that there s nothin missed and my files number to let me log in cic website ( where i can see the date when they start process my application and thet medical result received )

Thanx

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
Hello everyone!

My husband and I just got married May 8th and we are planning to do an outland application (he's US citizen living in California). We are just starting the process and haven't submitted the paperwork yet. Unfortunately we didn't do our homework and he's just going for fingerprinting today so we will have to wait a couple months to get his criminal record check back.

Everyone's posts have been very helpful to figure out what we need to do and a rough timeline for how the process goes. :)

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Welcom Kess, good luck with putting the package together and welcome to the madness ;D

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nej said:
I printed out the application online then sent it in with copies of passport pages and the other things the checklist asks. My husband and I also included a letter saying that he would be responsible for me financially while we waited on PR and proof of applying for PR and medical (sponsorship letter, reciept from doctor). It was sent to the Vergiville office and it took about 2 months to process (the time the website said it took). While you're waiting on the TRV, you're on implied status so you don't have to worry about your visa time expiring. I sent mine in 30 days before my 6 months were ending (ended April 6) but didn't have to worry about flying back due to the implied status. We recieved the letter on May 6 saying that I was good for a year (til May 2011). The form will ask when you want to return, I've read the IO will give 6 months usually, but I asked for a year and that's what I got. :) Hope this helps.
Thanks Nej. It is very helpful :)

K

kalew2010

Hi!!

Met in Korea while teaching and married March 2010 (he's American, I'm Canadian). We have started gathering all our supporting documents (letters to confirm relationship, all travel docs from visiting etc.). He has applied for his security check from the FBI but we also have to apply for one from Korea because he spent more than a year there. I've had to get a supplementary (Korea-specific) form from CIC and we are still waiting on our formal marriage certificate (crosses fingers it will be soon!).

So I feel as though all of our stuff is in order (though it is taking quite some time... :eek:). What I am curious about is the medical. My husband mentioned that the Buffalo visa office stated that you should wait to book your medical until you have been contacted by the visa office about your interview....is this the case? How long are the medical results good for? And how was it to find a designated medical practitioner in your area? How much did it all cost?

Any further info would be greatly appreciated!

BostonGirl

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Boston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hear medicals are only good for one year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp
Here you can find the appropriat doctor.

K

kalew2010

Ok....and what is the best time to get the medical done? Better to submit with the original sponsorship and immigration applications or to submit it once it is requested by the visa office?

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Hi Kalew,

Ideally, the medical should be done prior to submitting your application. In the Region Specific section of the guide, there is a form you fill out to bring to the "DMP" along with 4 photos. The doctor's office will then provide you with another form, proving the medical has been done (original copy 2 of form IMM 1017 signed by the examining doctor). This is item #27 on the IMM 5491 - Document Checklist.

I have read that some people send their application in first and then do the medical. This may or may not slow down the process though as it is one of the items required on the checklist.

Bostongirl is right, the medical is only good for one year so it should not be done too soon before you are ready to submit your application, but, the way I look at it, the less back and forth between myself and either CPC-M or Buffalo, the better. Hope this helps.

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Yes, the guide states you must bring 4 photos of yourself and any dependents requiring a medical. And when my husband made his appointment for the medical, they reminded him of the photo requirement. I'm not sure what they do with the other 3, but 1 of them was stapled to my husband's IMM107 form which gets submitted with the application, or after, if you choose to go that route. I can only speculate that the other 3 are attached to other documents throughout the process, e.g. the other part of the form that the doctor submits direct to Ottawa.

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I made a mistake above, it's 5 photos, not 4. That will teach me to rely on my memory, instead of the guide. Sorry about that. ::)