+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
I agree. I'm also curious as to how many people they have in each CIC office. Never seen a CIC building up close so just curious haha
Buffalo had 51 people including officers and local staff (half of the staff were Canadian citizens and residents who commuted over the bridge daily to work at the consulate).

They were the "U.S. mission with the highest non-immigrant application intake, and we have made the top-ten list globally."
You can see some of the figures in the interview I had posted with the Immigration Program Manager (link).

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All !

Congrats to all those who got their PR's and good luck to the ones waiting !
I was pretty active on this forum last year, when I had applied for my husband and he is a PR now livign here in Canada, all well settled :) I like to see my spreadsheet still being used and I hope it's useful to all !

I had a quick question for the ones who are waiting for their PR right now...since the procedure has changed quite a bit since I applied. My sister has filed for her husband's PR, outland buffalo. Their file was received on April 21 and they just got their file number past friday. Today we checked on his ecas, it says that the file was received on April 21. AND also says that "Medical Results Received"

As far as I remember, when we applied, this used to be good news and very close to getting the PR.

Have you all got this on your e-cas? How close is the PR for them ? Any inputs?

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
it all depends on the visa officer. nowadays few officers ask for medicals at the very early stage of the file and few ask when they have already made the decision(as it was in your case)

as you know the procedures have been changed for america. so may be this is something new for you.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
I've had medical results received since December and still no PPR :( However, I am hopeful it will not take that long for your sister!

sparkle said:
Hello All !

I was pretty active on this forum last year, when I had applied for my husband and he is a PR now livign here in Canada, all well settled :) I like to see my spreadsheet still being used and I hope it's useful to all !

I had a quick question for the ones who are waiting for their PR right now...since the procedure has changed quite a bit since I applied. My sister has filed for her husband's PR, outland buffalo. Their file was received on April 21 and they just got their file number past friday. Today we checked on his ecas, it says that the file was received on April 21. AND also says that "Medical Results Received"

As far as I remember, when we applied, this used to be good news and very close to getting the PR.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sparkle said:
Hello All !

I wouldn't rely too much on the medical results received hint :( There are cases lately where medical results are showing as received as soon as sponsorship is approved, which as you know is very early in the process. FWIW, I am starting to hypothesize that CPP-O is attaching them to files to save time at the VO.

Also, you may realize this already, but Buffalo closed down and Ottawa (CPP-O) has taken over. So things are a bit murkier now. CPP-O should be fully trained with the files there by now, but there's folks out there who are still waiting for their rescheduled interviews and PPRs to be returned (they sent their passports to Buffalo and they got forwarded to CPP-O. So, your sister's timing was good in that she didn't get caught up in that :) However, it also means we are still waiting for results to come out from the CPP-O pipeline and don't have 'hints' on what to look for. FWIW, in the last few months, the best 'hint' has seemed to be changes in address formatting.

I hope your sister hears soon. :)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Has anyone landed through Pearson airport in Toronto?

My husband is coming in next Thursday and wanted to be prepared in regards to the experience... We have all the paperwork n order.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:
Has anyone landed through Pearson airport in Toronto?

My husband is coming in next Thursday and wanted to be prepared in regards to the experience... We have all the paperwork n order.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks
I've heard good things. They are one of the few places that will actually give immigrants a goodie bag with all sorts of welcome information and material (I'm actually really curious what's in the bag, so it would be awesome if you could report back).

Several folks in the FSW thread have landed in Pearson, so you could do a search on that thread for specifics.

Good luck! Hope you have a fun celebration planned :)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
I've heard good things. They are one of the few places that will actually give immigrants a goodie bag with all sorts of welcome information and material (I'm actually really curious what's in the bag, so it would be awesome if you could report back).

Several folks in the FSW thread have landed in Pearson, so you could do a search on that thread for specifics.

Good luck! Hope you have a fun celebration planned :)

Thanks so much! Yah I continued to research and read some good stuff too... I will for sure report on his landing... :D

shelleydalyce

Star Member
Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1, 2011
AOR Received.
July 11, 2011 after an email and some prodding
File Transfer...
March 10, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 13, 2011
LANDED..........
September 13, 2011
Haven't even thought to look at this forum in ages. When I was going through it was basically understood we were in a batch that had just gotten the shaft in the spring of last year. Reading some of the last pages I'm thankful we got through when we did because it has gotten SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse. I was going bat s @ %# crazy the way it was last year. I could only imagine the mental state I would be in if I were going through what some of you are right now. I truly feel for you.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
shelleydalyce said:
Haven't even thought to look at this forum in ages. When I was going through it was basically understood we were in a batch that had just gotten the shaft in the spring of last year. Reading some of the last pages I'm thankful we got through when we did because it has gotten SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse. I was going bat s @ %# crazy the way it was last year. I could only imagine the mental state I would be in if I were going through what some of you are right now. I truly feel for you.
Yes it's pretty crazy!! at least we are visa exempt!

homi2285

Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-09-2011
Med's Done....
before sending the application in July 2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2012
homi2285 said:
My husband went to his MP office the other day . He didn't get to meet any of the MP officers but only their front desk person.. well at least from what I heard , she was decently nice. She asked him to sign a consent form which allows them to look into our case. Lasiar, I'm just wondering if you or your husband signed a consent form? Hopefully they will contact him soon with some bit of information about the whereabouts of my application.
Hi everyone,
I just want to give a follow up to my previous post. My husband went to his MP office , signed the consent form with the receptionist. The day after, the Constituency Assistant of the MP office called him and asked for some of our information so that he can called ottawa office. Today ( 2 days later) , he called my husband again and let him know that : my file got transffered to Ottawa office on July 7th . Everything still looks fine, even with the medical results ( done in April 2011) , only in the queue right now. He said absolute worst case before we hear anything back is in mid to end of August.

As I mentioned before, my application arrived at Missisauga on July 5th, 2011 and got transferred to Buffalo on Septh 6th. It has been a lenthy and tiring process for me , but at least I feel better now, knowing the exact location of my application.

If you have been waitting for as long as I've been, I would strongly encourage you/ your spouse to contact MP office and ask to speak to a Constituency Assistant. I believe each MP has at least one Constituency Assistant.

I will update everyone with my process if I hear back anything else. Hope this help... Crossing fingers for all of us.

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
homi2285 said:
Hi everyone,
I just want to give a follow up to my previous post. My husband went to his MP office , signed the consent form with the receptionist. The day after, the Constituency Assistant of the MP office called him and asked for some of our information so that he can called ottawa office. Today ( 2 days later) , he called my husband again and let him know that : my file got transffered to Ottawa office on July 7th . Everything still looks fine, even with the medical results ( done in April 2011) , only in the queue right now. He said absolute worst case before we hear anything back is in mid to end of August.

As I mentioned before, my application arrived at Missisauga on July 5th, 2011 and got transferred to Buffalo on Septh 6th. It has been a lenthy and tiring process for me , but at least I feel better now, knowing the exact location of my application.

If you have been waitting for as long as I've been, I would strongly encourage you/ your spouse to contact MP office and ask to speak to a Constituency Assistant. I believe each MP has at least one Constituency Assistant.

I will update everyone with my process if I hear back anything else. Hope this help... Crossing fingers for all of us.
glad you have some news to now to work with, its so much better than knowing nothing and being in the dark.. Happy for you, I hope you get more good news soon. Fingers crossed for us all.

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
Hello Guys

I am working in US and married a Canadian citizen last year. She filled for my PR as Outland to Buffalo, NY this March 31 2012 and file was received on April 4, 2012. I got my AOR July 9, 2012 from Ottawa office

Then I got an email to send my medicals which I completed on July 20, 2012.

Few questions:

1. Going by trends, any idea how long will it take for my PR to arrive?
2. My FBI background check was done last year October, 2012. Do I need to do my FBI background check again if my PR doesn't come in time?
3. What will be the next few steps in this immigration process?

Thank You

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
anyone know where the CPP-O transfers files that require interview. Is it LA or Seattle? Anyone that had this happen. :-[ we have nothing , no replies , have been waiting forever and dont know what to do anymore, interview was cancelled twice, and now nothing. Been waiting over a year now. Any suggestions.? Anywhere I can go to complain or file any complaint?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
prophet3 said:
anyone know where the CPP-O transfers files that require interview. Is it LA or Seattle? Anyone that had this happen. :-[ we have nothing , no replies , have been waiting forever and dont know what to do anymore, interview was cancelled twice, and now nothing. Been waiting over a year now. Any suggestions.? Anywhere I can go to complain or file any complaint?
From what I understand, and I may be wrong, it stays in Ottawa for interviews. I'm hoping it's not LA cause that's where our file is eep!