20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
parker24 said:
Congrats! you're off to step two. Now you wait until you hear from them haha. You shouldn't have to renew your FBI clearance, you should be okay :)
Thanks a lot buddy for your reply

h82w8

Jul 13, 2012
avocadosandcheese said:
Hi all. It's been a while since I've shown my face (words) on here! Drove from Victoria to Los Angeles, and now we are driving back up to LAND tomorrow! We will be crossing at Peace Arch in Surrey, BC/Blaine, WA. I'm a bit nervous, but I think we have it down with the help and info we received on here. Hope everyone is doing well! ;D
Congratulations avocadosandcheese! good luck and happy landing ;D
your timeline is very encouraging - our application was transferred to LA May 10, 2012 so based on your step 2 timeline perhpas we'll hear from the LA VO in the next few weeks:) keeping my fingers crossed :D

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
I got back the copy of my GCMS today. My ECAS is still only saying "Application Received", but according to the notes, all processing is finished, and my file arrived in Seattle on June 14, 2012. Do I have any hope that I will get ppr before September, because I would hate to have to pay for another extension?!
:eek:

oldlovey

Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 21, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 25, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar. 23, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec. 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31st, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 28th, 2013
Finally a little update, our application finally says "in process" as of June 27th, 2012, after I was approved for sponsorship on April 23rd. Hoping the pace picks up a bit! :p

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Hi all! I am LANDED! I wanted to write a little bit about what it was like for me since I had so many questions before I went through it...

We crossed by car at Peace Arch Park in Blaine, WA/Surrey,BC. When we drove through we said I was there to land. He asked us some questions about our drive to Los Angeles, how long we were gone, what we bought, any alcohol or tobacco. He told us to park and go to the building. We went in and waited about 10-15 minutes. We were called up and we presented our passports, and i gave my COPR, two copies of my B4/B4A, and the photos I took of my jewelry and my piece of paper with where i wanted my PR card sent to. He didn't want the paper with the address as he said he already had it on my documents. He didn't want the photos, he didn't even look at them. He didn't look in the car at all, as he said that they do that mostly when there are expensive things, but since my most expensive thing was the wedding ring i was wearing, he could already see that. We waited maybe 10-15 more minutes while he entered stuff in the computer, then i signed the pages of the COPR and B4/B4A. He told us a bit about the time requirements and how to get SIN and medical and we were on our way. From the time we entered the line-up at the border in the car, to when we drove away it was almost exactly an hour.

He said the was thankful that we were prepared, so I thank everyone on the forum for helping us be ready! :D

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
avocadosandcheese said:
Hi all! I am LANDED! I wanted to write a little bit about what it was like for me since I had so many questions before I went through it...

We crossed by car at Peace Arch Park in Blaine, WA/Surrey,BC. When we drove through we said I was there to land. He asked us some questions about our drive to Los Angeles, how long we were gone, what we bought, any alcohol or tobacco. He told us to park and go to the building. We went in and waited about 10-15 minutes. We were called up and we presented our passports, and i gave my COPR, two copies of my B4/B4A, and the photos I took of my jewelry and my piece of paper with where i wanted my PR card sent to. He didn't want the paper with the address as he said he already had it on my documents. He didn't want the photos, he didn't even look at them. He didn't look in the car at all, as he said that they do that mostly when there are expensive things, but since my most expensive thing was the wedding ring i was wearing, he could already see that. We waited maybe 10-15 more minutes while he entered stuff in the computer, then i signed the pages of the COPR and B4/B4A. He told us a bit about the time requirements and how to get SIN and medical and we were on our way. From the time we entered the line-up at the border in the car, to when we drove away it was almost exactly an hour.

He said the was thankful that we were prepared, so I thank everyone on the forum for helping us be ready! :D

Congratualtions A&C, really happy for you guys. Looks like you got everything done within 7 months. You filed your application in Jan this year and you landed there already. WOW. I hope rest of us get to hear some good news soon :) Hope to see you guys in BC

Cheers

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Hi all We still are waiting for my Husbands COPR. We have confirmation from Ottawa that the approval email for his medical extension was sent to Detroit about a week and a half ago. His PP has been in Detroit since May 22.. What could possibly be the hold up? According to my MP office all that is needed is to be sent to my husband. I don't get this at all..

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
Hello everyone! I am from the US being sponsored by my husband. I am new on here! I filed in Feb 2012 and my sponsor was approved in May 2012. I havent heard anything from CIC. I was told my file went to LA and then I was told it actually went to Ottawa. My status doesnt even say in process :( Any idea how long it take for them to post "In process" on my update? Thanks everyone!

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
avocadosandcheese said:

WOW! Congratulations!!! You got yours so fast!! You filed a month before I did and I still havent heard anything from them! Welcome to Canada! I hope everyone's paperwork is approved as fast as yours!! :) Any suggestions on what we can do to speed up our paperwork :)

h82w8

Jul 13, 2012
happylaw said:
Hello everyone! I am from the US being sponsored by my husband. I am new on here! I filed in Feb 2012 and my sponsor was approved in May 2012. I havent heard anything from CIC. I was told my file went to LA and then I was told it actually went to Ottawa. My status doesnt even say in process :( Any idea how long it take for them to post "In process" on my update? Thanks everyone!
hi happylaw...i'm in the same situation as you...app filed in Feb, file sent to LA VO in May and nothing since
I couldn't get anyone at CIC to tell me where my file is and I sent an email to LA to follow up as my husband's medicals expired...still nothing it's so frustrating...by reading the posts and recommendations here my next step is to request the GCMS notes - I'll wait 1 more week and then request the notes...hope we both hear something soon - good luck to you!

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
hi happylaw, welcome to the forum! at this point, just think positive thoughts. we had a date that we wanted ours to be done by and we just visualized that. not much else you can do at this point. also, it may make you feel better to know that we really never received any information from CIC or the VO before we were approved. so it could happen any day. others have also skipped "in process" on Ecas and then had "decision made" so positive thoughts!

:)

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hi guys,

Anybody has any idea about interviews? I am waiting for interview date for last 3 months. Anybody got interview date recently? What's going on at Ottawa about interview, I have no idea.

Please share your experience with Ottawa

Thanks

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
nsr said:
Hi guys,

Anybody has any idea about interviews? I am waiting for interview date for last 3 months. Anybody got interview date recently? What's going on at Ottawa about interview, I have no idea.

Please share your experience with Ottawa

Thanks
Ours was scheduled and confirmed for early June 2012 but cancelled by Buffalo. They told us that our file was being transferred and wait to be contacted. It's been 2 months and we don't even know where our file is. Do you know where your file is?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
AW2011 said:
Ours was scheduled and confirmed for early June 2011 but cancelled by Buffalo. They told us that our file was being transferred and wait to be contacted. It's been 2 months and we don't even know where our file is. Do you know where your file is?
Have you requested your GCMS notes? If not, you should do so. the ATIP office can track down where your file is - you just tell them your file number and where it was, they will track it down. That way, worst case, you'll know in 30 days.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
computergeek said:
Have you requested your GCMS notes? If not, you should do so. the ATIP office can track down where your file is - you just tell them your file number and where it was, they will track it down. That way, worst case, you'll know in 30 days.
Thank you computergeek. We had gotten GCMS twice before Buffalo closed. We were going to wait till mid of the month to request a 3rd GCMS but not sure which VO to put down now - Ottawa, LA, Seattle, Detroit or NY? What's ATIP?