Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Hey guys,

Our app has been forwarded to LA. What does this mean? Does this mean she will need an interview? My wife is a Naturalized US citizen living in SF.

(tw) File Transfer (LA)
Dear Sir/ Madam:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Canadian Consulate General

550 South Hope Street, 9th floor

Los Angeles,

California 90071
fax: 213-625-7154

e-mail: los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

The Canadian Consulate General in Los Angeles

will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.
The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file

. Therefore we cannot acknowledge or respond to future correspondence from you. Please do not submit any further documents or correspondence to this office. If IELTS or TEF test results are sent to us, they will be forwarded to the Canadian Consulate General in Los Angeles.
In the event of a change in your address, marital status or family composition, inform the office noted above immediately . Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Los Angeles.

Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.

All future correspondence you receive will be from the office noted above.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
cantor2537 said:
Hey guys,

Our app has been forwarded to LA. What does this mean? Does this mean she will need an interview? My wife is a Naturalized US citizen living in SF.
I think it just means that they sent it to a satellite office in order to reduce the workload at Buffalo. There have been a few other people who have had their files transferred to L.A. recently, and I don't recall anyone saying there was an interview request afterward.

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
AmericaninQuebec said:
I think it just means that they sent it to a satellite office in order to reduce the workload at Buffalo. There have been a few other people who have had their files transferred to L.A. recently, and I don't recall anyone saying there was an interview request afterward.
thanks!

ddrobro2, can you update the spreadsheet to say our file was transferred to LA Dec 15? thanks

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our file went to 'in process' as of December 6, 2011.

I have a feeling we'll need to send EVERYTHING back in again; medical, police certificates and possibly pictures. grah. Guess that means another 11 more months to go.

Here's hoping at least we get an approval at the end, preferably without an interview.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
I decided to email the other address that someone posted that was suppose to go to a person.Well it didnt for me I got the standard your app is in que to be reviewed blah blah blah.

jckovacs

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our application, too, went to LA. I wonder..since it says expedited, will it be done soon. As much as we'd love it to be, we also aren't quite ready to go. We haven't saved up enough for all the moving expenses. And on top of that, I heard it is super hard to rent a place when they don't look at American's credit as being valid. I truly have no idea what we're going to do. :(

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
jckovacs said:
Our application, too, went to LA. I wonder..since it says expedited, will it be done soon. As much as we'd love it to be, we also aren't quite ready to go. We haven't saved up enough for all the moving expenses. And on top of that, I heard it is super hard to rent a place when they don't look at American's credit as being valid. I truly have no idea what we're going to do. :(
You can always wait up to a year after getting PR to land so you got time. Getting expedited is a good thing

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no relationship between being sent to a satellite office and needing an interview.
AmericaninQuebec said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very bewildering. As a Designated Medical Practitioner, this office should know the drill and know what they have to do. Most of them are very familiar with their responsibilities to the patient and to CIC under the IME program. The doctor that did the majority of the examining definetely needs to sign the form. I would not have payed until he or she did so. I actually went back to mine because the DMP instructions said to put the stamp that the DMP uses in the upper right corner of my photo. They stamped the photo but not in the correct corner, so I asked them to do it precisely that way (and showed them where it said so in the DMP instructions) and they finally did. Might not have made a difference to Ottawa or Buffalo and obviously it hasn't eliminated excess wait on my part, but with this process, following instructions to the letter is the best way to go, in my opinion.
prophet3 said:
No I told them I need to sign the form, they would not sign it, so they only gave me a receipt.so I am going to go to the medical office and take the form , redo it and resend it to the office. So pissed off , I have called the medical office about 10 times, and lost it on them.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Calgary-Bound said:
I decided to email the other address that someone posted that was suppose to go to a person.Well it didnt for me I got the standard your app is in que to be reviewed blah blah blah.
They kept telling me my app was in queue to be reviewed the two or so weeks leading up to my getting my PPR (as opposed to just, "your file is in process"). It may actually be a good sign!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
cantor2537 said:
You can always wait up to a year after getting PR to land so you got time. Getting expedited is a good thing
Do they normally give you a year to land? I haven't gotten my passport back yet, but I was under the impression they normally gave a limited amount of time (i.e. not usually a year), especially if your meds have expired/will be expiring soon. Also if your passport is expiring you have to do it before then.

Either way, they could land and then return to the U.S. until they're ready to move.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, I totally forgot what the medical appointment form was. You don't do IMM1017. **I am wondering why your GCMS notes say that you were lacking that form in your application package when you are doing outland.** You do the page called "Appendix C" that's in the Country Specific Instructions: United States form. Very important. Same one that also has the pages on photo specs and checklist of everything to be sent.
prophet3 said:
Also , why does the form say it is for IN CANADA CLASS . http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1017SCLE.pdf

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
11 more months? Very very very doubtful. Why would you think you would have to "send everything back in again"? They've had your application only since early September and you've already gone "in process" on e-cas. I think you're being way too pessimistic and that you're closer to being done than you realize. In fact I think you'll add quite soon to that suspicious big block of green in the June section that we have in the spreadsheet.
Hobby said:
Our file went to 'in process' as of December 6, 2011.

I have a feeling we'll need to send EVERYTHING back in again; medical, police certificates and possibly pictures. grah. Guess that means another 11 more months to go.

Here's hoping at least we get an approval at the end, preferably without an interview.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think everybody's up to date, pretty much :)

Probably looking at another end to another PPRless week for me today.

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
ddobro2 said:
I think everybody's up to date, pretty much :)

Probably looking at another end to another PPRless week for me today.
Another quiet week for PPR's. At least it's the festive season :)