waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
kourts said:
I wasn't trying to say that me being in Canada would make them work on my file any faster, I'm saying that maybe if i send additional proof then maybe it'll get them to look at my file or something.
In that case you should start by emailing them. The general email address is buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca, and the other one floating around is bfaloimpa-ap@international.gc.ca. The second one appears to go to an actual person, but with Buffalo it really is always questionable. Make sure to include your Fxxxxx and Bxxxxx when you send your email.

I'd still update your mailing address to where you are in Canada if I were you, unless you have someone collecting your mail regularly at home and forwarding to you anything that looks important/official.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recall that Calgary-Bound had an issue with proving he had been in Canada since a certain date, but that was related to his medicals expiring. Apparently, if you had your medicals done in Canada and have been in Canada since, your medicals will be extended past 1 year. If not, they may ask you to redo them. Buffalo did not have a record of him being in Canada, and he did not have a stamp for his last entry, so he had to use other evidence to prove his physical presence here.

I don't think you need to worry about the same thing assuming your medicals were done right before your applied in June. If you want to send additional proof of the relationship, the RPRF fee, or any document that was on the checklist that you did not initially provide, that is fine, but I don't think you need to send them copies of passport stamps nor do I think it would affect anything.

Unfortunately, once they send you an AOR, they will probably deflect your inquiries (and I'm actually wondering at what point the people behind the non-F*ck Off email address will become annoyed at how, having caught on, we're increasingly sending inquiries there). It's best to order GCMS notes so that between the time you either get Initial Assessment/docs request or PPR, you know what is going on. But if you really want to inquire with them, go ahead and send an email to the second address, the one that's not published, with your visa file number in the subject line.

kourts said:
I wasn't trying to say that me being in Canada would make them work on my file any faster, I'm saying that maybe if i send additional proof then maybe it'll get them to look at my file or something.

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
Official policy is as you state, though when I spoke with a border guard on the phone last week I was informed that they could not deny entry to a U.S. citizen if he/she had other supporting documentation (driver's license with photo + birth certificate, etc.) that proved his/her citizenship. This is the second time I've been told by the U.S. border guards at the U.S./Canadian border (land crossing only) that they cannot deny entry to a U.S. citizen. You're right, better to travel with one of the stated documents, but apparently it's not the end of the world in terms of re-entry if you don't have one of them.
I understand that as well. Not end of the world, but you are giving a border office having a bad day the opportunity to do a lot more inquiry and inspection might feel like it. (That said, I've found that 99% of border officers are great.)

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Thats exactly what it was about ddobro2.I had to send all my bank statements in to show proof of being here the whole time after I got my medicals done in the states.If you have them done in Canada they will extended them for a year automaticly if your app isnt done before they expire.
ddobro2 said:
I recall that Calgary-Bound had an issue with proving he had been in Canada since a certain date, but that was related to his medicals expiring. Apparently, if you had your medicals done in Canada and have been in Canada since, your medicals will be extended past 1 year. If not, they may ask you to redo them. Buffalo did not have a record of him being in Canada, and he did not have a stamp for his last entry, so he had to use other evidence to prove his physical presence here.

I don't think you need to worry about the same thing assuming your medicals were done right before your applied in June. If you want to send additional proof of the relationship, the RPRF fee, or any document that was on the checklist that you did not initially provide, that is fine, but I don't think you need to send them copies of passport stamps nor do I think it would affect anything.

Unfortunately, once they send you an AOR, they will probably deflect your inquiries (and I'm actually wondering at what point the people behind the non-F*ck Off email address will become annoyed at how, having caught on, we're increasingly sending inquiries there). It's best to order GCMS notes so that between the time you either get Initial Assessment/docs request or PPR, you know what is going on. But if you really want to inquire with them, go ahead and send an email to the second address, the one that's not published, with your visa file number in the subject line.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully it won't be much longer for you, Calgary-Bound. Hang in there. The wait is definetely getting to me as well.
Calgary-Bound said:
Thats exactly what it was about ddobro2.I had to send all my bank statements in to show proof of being here the whole time after I got my medicals done in the states.If you have them done in Canada they will extended them for a year automaticly if your app isnt done before they expire.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
Hopefully it won't be much longer for you, Calgary-Bound. Hang in there. The wait is definetely getting to me as well.
Apparently my bring forward date was Dec.12th.They had everything they needed 3 weeks before that and usualy if they recieve the material there requesting they bring your app up then but I guess not in my case but why would they after everything thats happen already.Hopefully its comeing to and end for the both of us ddobro2.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know how much time and administrative tasks go into handling what you turned in versus if the document in question was a CSQ (like in my case) or a police certificate. The docs request did not come in the form of an Initial Assessment letter, I take it?

I think for me personally, they may be still waiting on a clearance from the security intelligence service. I have a 3rd GCMS request expected in a couple of weeks, but hopefully I'll be done by then. Sigh.

Calgary-Bound said:
Apparently my bring forward date was Dec.12th.They had everything they needed 3 weeks before that and usualy if they recieve the material there requesting they bring your app up then but I guess not in my case but why would they after everything thats happen already.Hopefully its comeing to and end for the both of us ddobro2.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
I don't know how much time and administrative tasks go into handling what you turned in versus if the document in question was a CSQ (like in my case) or a police certificate. The docs request did not come in the form of an Initial Assessment letter, I take it?

I think for me personally, they may be still waiting on a clearance from the security intelligence service. I have a 3rd GCMS request expected in a couple of weeks, but hopefully I'll be done by then. Sigh.
They said they mailed a letter back in Sep but I never recieved it.So I contacted my MP and she looked into my case and found all this out for me.So they was suppose to remail the letter and never got that either.So finaly the MP had to verify what they wanted.What a freakn gong show.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
So I got my GCMS notes , :D , but as far as I can read them, the only thing done was my criminality/RCMP check and that is it. And I suspect it was done by CPC -M back in july as far as I can read the abbreviations.No notes, only that I met requirements and transfered to visa office and that I only have a receipt for medical and have not included IMM1017.
Thats the news I got. :(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that would explain why medicals weren't started. Did you include the original IMM1017 that your DMP signed with the application?
prophet3 said:
So I got my GCMS notes , :D , but as far as I can read them, the only thing done was my criminality/RCMP check and that is it. And I suspect it was done by CPC -M back in july as far as I can read the abbreviations.No notes, only that I met requirements and transfered to visa office and that I only have a receipt for medical and have not included IMM1017.
Thats the news I got. :(

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
Well that would explain why medicals weren't started. Did you include the original IMM1017 that your DMP signed with the application?
No I told them I need to sign the form, they would not sign it, so they only gave me a receipt.so I am going to go to the medical office and take the form , redo it and resend it to the office. So pissed off , I have called the medical office about 10 times, and lost it on them.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
Also , why does the form say it is for IN CANADA CLASS . http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1017SCLE.pdf

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark5 said:
Yes we did send supporting document but not enough bcos we never thought about providing too many
proof since we know that our relationship is genuine but i have a feeling maybe bcos my hubby is not Visa
exempt country. Despite on the GCMS note everything seen alright but they just shock us wit interview.
Anyways we will try to get him a US visa but if is not granted then we can contact them. Thanks
To apply for US visa for your interview your spouse will need to show ties of Canada. Book appointment online
and complete the online application DS160

shelleydalyce

Star Member
Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1, 2011
AOR Received.
July 11, 2011 after an email and some prodding
File Transfer...
March 10, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 13, 2011
LANDED..........
September 13, 2011
seattlegirl said:
PPR today!!! :D ;D ;) :) :eek: ;D

Calgary-bound my bring forward date was Nov 21 and we have similar timelines so hopefully you are very very close!! Good luck!

Has anyone returned to the states before submitting their passport for visa issuance? Hubby and I have a trip home next wed and I don't want to send in my passport yet.... I know I have 30 days just curious if they give you a hassle at the border?

Thanks for everything! Hoping many others get an early Christmas gift this year as well. Santa can skip my house, I've got all I wanted now!! ;D
Nah, you're pretty golden just be straight forward at the border. They can see on their computers you've been approved.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....