Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
anthrogirl26 said:
PPR today!!!

This has been an agonizing process Im so grateful it is almost over. Hang in there everyone. It will happen for all of us.
Congrats!! another one from February!!

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Congrats!!!

My NJ Police clearance came last night finally!! I shipped with next day delivery, should be in Buffalo today. i also faxed them the copy of the cert. and the email they sent, just in case. Now I am back to checking emails frantically, hoping no other road blocks are in place.

I think only me and Calgary-bound are left from Feb now.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice.....good luck!

There are lots of people from Feb. still waiting, according to the spreadsheet....

buffalo-toronto said:
Congrats!!!

My NJ Police clearance came last night finally!! I shipped with next day delivery, should be in Buffalo today. i also faxed them the copy of the cert. and the email they sent, just in case. Now I am back to checking emails frantically, hoping no other road blocks are in place.

I think only me and Calgary-bound are left from Feb now.

imp

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2011
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
AW2011 said:
Hello All!

I received Buffalo AOR end of August, 2011
My Ecas shows: Application Received on June XX, 2011 (Date arriving Mississauga, Ont.)
Medical Results Have Been Received (Appeared around Oct. 10, 2011)

It's not showing "In Progress". Wondering if they're actually working on it. Anybody who has those 2 lines only on Ecas with the Buffalo office?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah that's what mine says too. I was just logging on and seeing the application received link for a while without clicking on it then my husband said click on it and see what it says and low and behold the medical results received had been added.

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Well, in the application instructions it said (not an exact quote) "Don't get the medical exam until we tell you to, don't send it along with your original application." So that's why we waited. I think this is to prevent the results from being outdated by the time they need them? That's what it said in the Buffalo-specific application instructions, in Appendix C.

The only pieces of info I know for sure are the ones I get from the CIC status that say,

Your application was received March 31, 2011.

We began processing your application on July 11, 2011.

Your medical exam has been received.

:(

Going to order GCMS notes so I guess I'll have more detailed info... by December. Ugh.

ddobro2 said:
You're on. What's the date the file was received at CPCM, not Buffalo (just for consistency's sake)?So you have "in process July 11" in e-cas? I'm just wondering why you didn't do your medicals before sending in the application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mcmasters said:
Well, in the application instructions it said (not an exact quote) "Don't get the medical exam until we tell you to, don't send it along with your original application." So that's why we waited. I think this is to prevent the results from being outdated by the time they need them? That's what it said in the Buffalo-specific application instructions, in Appendix C.
Unfortunately it sounds like you were looking at the family class (parents, grandparents) instructions rather than the spousal class instructions. The quote you took is from the family class form. For spousal, you're definitely supposed to complete medicals in advance and submit proof with the application. Anyway, water under the bridge now and no sense re-living what's already been done. I think getting your GCMS notes is probably an excellent idea. Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In case my answer didn't completely make sense, here's the instruction form you should have used:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf

Here's the instruction form I believe you accidentally looked at instead:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33048.PDF

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you see this on the Family Class sponsorship of a spouse/common law/conjugal or dependent child regional specific form for the U.S. (IMM 3910) or the sponsorship of parents, grandparents, adopted children, and other relatives form? The latter does state that you are not required to undergo the medical before mailing the application, but the former doesn't.......
mcmasters said:

The only pieces of info I know for sure are the ones I get from the CIC status that say,

Your application was received March 31, 2011.

We began processing your application on July 11, 2011.

Your medical exam has been received.

:(

Going to order GCMS notes so I guess I'll have more detailed info... by December. Ugh.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol, i wrote my response at the same time :D
scylla said:
Unfortunately it sounds like you were looking at the family class (parents, grandparents) instructions rather than the spousal class instructions. The quote you took is from the family class form. For spousal, you're definitely supposed to complete medicals in advance and submit proof with the application. Anyway, water under the bridge now and no sense re-living what's already been done. I think getting your GCMS notes is probably an excellent idea. Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ddobro2 said:
lol, i wrote my response at the same time :D
Great minds! :D

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Oh no, oh no, OH NO!!!!!

I am feeling completely and utterly f*cked. :'(

I just re-read my letter from the CIC sent July 11 for the HUNDREDTH time and just now is it registering that it says "pay your RPRF by 9/09/11."

I know I mentioned paying it to hubs long ago but it got forgotten/overlooked/he planned to do it and then didn't I DON'T KNOW but now I am kind of panicking! OK, I'm totally upset and I feel SO STUPID and I don't know how this could have happened!

The letter says if they don't receive it within 60 days of the letter (September 11th) that they will close my application and I would have to reapply if still interested in coming to Canada.

My application is still listed as "In Process" on CIC (just checked it again this a.m.). Does that mean I'm still being considered despite our failure to meet the deadline, or is the website status just out of date?

I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!

I left a tearful message on the hubs' voice mail. I really need him to call somebody and get this sorted out.

Well, no f*cking wonder why I haven't heard anything yet. This is SO awful. :'(

I thought about retreating into my shell and not telling anyone what I discovered for fear of looking completely inept, but then I thought, it's better to get some help & advice.

Guess I can't complain anymore because WE'RE the ones who f*ed up. Can't believe this. SUCK.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Phone CIC and tell them you'd like to pay the fee immediately. See what they will do in Mississauga for you.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay first of all, I knew you would say that. You are not stupid. You are not the first and will not be the last to make some mistakes on this application. It's got so many forms and so many details to each form, document, and fee to be submitted that it really takes a whole lot of paying attention to the directions. It is completely human to miss something. And freaking out will only make things worse.

So you paid the RPRF fee the second week of October instead of September......does CIC have the receipt at this point?

Look, although the letter said you had 60 days to send it in and you sent it in after about 90, I do not believe they're just going to void your application and ask you to reapply. I think they have enough to continue processing you.......but you might want to update your MP on the situation, delay your plans to join your husband (at least for a bit), and fax Buffalo an explanation of your overlooking that letter and thus paying the RPRF later than they requested.

mcmasters said:
Oh no, oh no, OH NO!!!!!

I am feeling completely and utterly f*cked. :'(

I just re-read my letter from the CIC sent July 11 for the HUNDREDTH time and just now is it registering that it says "pay your RPRF by 9/09/11."

I know I mentioned paying it to hubs long ago but it got forgotten/overlooked/he planned to do it and then didn't I DON'T KNOW but now I am kind of panicking! OK, I'm totally upset and I feel SO STUPID and I don't know how this could have happened!

The letter says if they don't receive it within 60 days of the letter (September 11th) that they will close my application and I would have to reapply if still interested in coming to Canada.

My application is still listed as "In Process" on CIC (just checked it again this a.m.). Does that mean I'm still being considered despite our failure to meet the deadline, or is the website status just out of date?

I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!

I left a tearful message on the hubs' voice mail. I really need him to call somebody and get this sorted out.

Well, no f*cking wonder why I haven't heard anything yet. This is SO awful. :'(

I thought about retreating into my shell and not telling anyone what I discovered for fear of looking completely inept, but then I thought, it's better to get some help & advice.

Guess I can't complain anymore because WE'RE the ones who f*ed up. Can't believe this. SUCK.

pdb1

Star Member
May 15, 2011
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-July-2011
File Transfer...
07-June-2011
Med's Done....
20-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-Oct-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-Oct-2011
LANDED..........
29-Oct-2011
I now have my visa stamped, I will be landing by road on 29th October.

All the best to everyone waiting for their visa approval

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
Speaking as someone who collects fees with payment deadlines from people as part of my job, I wouldn't panic yet. Just act on it immediately now that you realized the problem.