August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Rinnerz said:
My address disappeared from eCAS a few days before my PPR. I don't want this instilling false hope though, because I've heard of it happening to others in the past for seemingly no reason as well. I assume it's either an eCAS glitch, or Buffalo does it from time to time for other reasons.

But either way, remember never to bother updating your address on eCAS if you need it updated on Buffalo's end. They do NOT get the eCAS address updates; you'd need to contact Buffalo directly to get yours updated. (I can't remember offhand where the source is for this, but it's officially stated in more than one place that outland embassies/consulates need to be contacted directly for address changes.)
Yup and thats why I sent Buffalo the case specific inquiry once they sent me the file number, I suppose address vanished bcos of that but we cant be sure as 4-5 other folks's address also vanished today so either we all are getting PPR soon or homeless virtually :D

markleton

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-25-2011
sparkle said:
I got the same kind of ghost e-cas update just now! Don't know what it means !
Hi Sparkle, the forum won't let me send you a message so I'm hoping you see this. Could you add us to the spreadsheet? My info is below!

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
buffalo-toronto said:
Yup and thats why I sent Buffalo the case specific inquiry once they sent me the file number, I suppose address vanished bcos of that but we cant be sure as 4-5 other folks's address also vanished today so either we all are getting PPR soon or homeless virtually :D
I just checked ecas using my husband's info (he's the applicant) and the address is gone as well. Although I know it had been updated to my address in Canada previously. When I log in with my sponsor information my address still shows in ecas.

eletyl

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
20-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
after re-sending the receipt for RPRF, and requesting that, given their loss of our receipt (paid upfront) and wrong address TWICE, leading to 2.5 months of delay, that they please expedite things- Buffalo responded today with this generic and useless reply:

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

I have a likely job offer for early August that rides on this... :/

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
This is a minor update, but maybe it'll help others out later on.

July 8: PPR.
July 11: Mailed my passport, photos and "Xpresspost - National" return envelope from Newfoundland to Fort Erie, ON. Priority Next AM.
July 13: Delivered to Fort Erie at 7:45 AM (1 day delay).
July 15: The tracker for the RETURN envelope I gave Buffalo became active. Only the automated "Item delayed" message is displayed.
July 20: Still no movement on the tracker. I emailed Buffalo, describing the situation and requesting confirmation as to whether they had actually mailed my passport yet or not. (Just trying to figure out if it was a Canada Post glitch, or if perhaps Buffalo pre-scans the envelopes before actually using them, or if it was mailed and stuck in Canada Post's network somewhere.)

July 21: Buffalo replied!

"Your passport was returned July 21, 2011 via Expresspost Ntl <Correct tracking number>."

Hopefully this will help others out, in case other return envelopes' trackers activate way sooner than normal for other people, as well. I was so worried that my passport (and visa, etc.) had been lost, that I was starting to have dreams about it and constant knots in my stomach. Now I know it was probably just another quirk of the system they use. I bet that if Canada Post wasn't automatically scanning everything in as "Item delayed" (due to the backlog), I never would have been bothered with all of this; the first update I would have seen would have been when Buffalo actually mailed it off. Ah well.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
Rinnerz I am so happy for you. Your process is almost over and you have withstood all that the process can hurl at you. No doubt there will be others after you who will also go through some other storms I hope your story and the way you handled it will help others as they go through this process.

All the best to you

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
I just received this email from my attorney's office

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your message.
We have received confirmation from Mississauga regarding receipt of RPRF.
We now have to wait for Buffalo to request xxxxxxxxx passport. We will contact you as soon as the request is received.
Please note that I will be away from the office the week of July 25th.

Regards,

The problem with that email is that buffalo gave me that same info two weeks ago when i sent an email to them in that regards now she is going off for a week and all communication goes thru her. I asked her how would we be notified if PPR comes when she is off no response yet, may be not only the Visa offices are incompetent but others in Canada thats the way they do business We wait to find lol

This tells me that you just cant just blame the VO's

Cindy1

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
File Transfer...
07-01-2011
Med's Done....
26-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
I received this reply today, after sending an email on July to Minister of Citizenship. Seems generic, other than two dates

Dear __my name_________:

This is in reply to your correspondence dated July 1, 2011, addressed to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the status of your husband’s application for permanent residence (APR).

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, it is a 2-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

CIC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education and business dealings in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

Our records confirm that your sponsorship undertaking was approved and your husband’s APR was received at the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo in January 2011. Currently, visa officers are completing routine medical, security and criminality background clearance checks. Please be assured that as soon as all statutory requirements have been met, this file will be finalized as expeditiously as circumstances permit. Visa officers will contact your husband should they require any additional documentation or information.

Current statistics based on historical processing data indicate that officers in Buffalo are finalizing 80% of applications in this category in approximately 11 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays.

Further information on processing times can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp.

A request by an applicant to have expedited processing is understandable. However, in the interest of fairness and program integrity, our policy is to process applications in the order in which they are received. To move one file ahead in the queue would not be fair to the many applicants in similar situations who had applied earlier.

With regard to increasing our current capacity to process more applications at the Buffalo office, every effort is made to conclude the processing applications as expeditiously as circumstances permit. However, CIC’s resources are limited and have to be deployed throughout an extensive overseas network. Each visa office must deal with operational environments unique both to its role in the Department’s overseas program commitments and the realities of the region of the world in which they are located. This means that processing times for categories of applications may vary within the CIC visa office network.

The Department closely monitors backlog and processing times, and continues to explore new ways to improve service while maintaining integrity of Canada’s immigration program.

I hope that this information is of assistance.

D. Kit

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
My husband's email address has vanished when we look up his info on e-cas as well. Crossing our fingers. I'm constantly worried that they are going to send a PPR to the old email address. /bites nails

Doiron

Apr 20, 2011
California to Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
27-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
;) LOL spiritrac we have the same attorney!! Or perhaps it is just highly coincidental that they are off at the same time. Even though she is out of the office others have stepped up to notify me on the intranet site they have when updates are available. Which should be the same site where you first got the electronic forms for permanent residence. Goodluck!!
spiritrac said:
I just received this email from my attorney's office

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your message.
We have received confirmation from Mississauga regarding receipt of RPRF.
We now have to wait for Buffalo to request xxxxxxxxx passport. We will contact you as soon as the request is received.
Please note that I will be away from the office the week of July 25th.

Regards,

The problem with that email is that buffalo gave me that same info two weeks ago when i sent an email to them in that regards now she is going off for a week and all communication goes thru her. I asked her how would we be notified if PPR comes when she is off no response yet, may be not only the Visa offices are incompetent but others in Canada thats the way they do business We wait to find lol

This tells me that you just cant just blame the VO's

ConfusedinCanada

Oct 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
Hi Cindy1, That response is almost word for word what I received from my MP letter. Not very reassuring is it?

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
I posted this over on the February Thread but E-Cas just went wild for us according to: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk

We got the following added:

"We sent you a letter on March 24, 2011 about the decision on your
application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

"We received XXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on
April 7, 2011."

"We started processing your application on April 8, 2011."

This has totally made my day, I hope others get some good news today.

Tiggilicious

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-06-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
31-07-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
jayde said:
My husband's email address has vanished when we look up his info on e-cas as well. Crossing our fingers. I'm constantly worried that they are going to send a PPR to the old email address. /bites nails
The email address is on ecas? My spouses doesn't show, just address

karish1978

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
File Transfer...
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011~ Medicals Received Dec 3rd 2011
Interview........
17-04-2011 rejected. Appealled May 2012, Appeal won May 30, 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
Just sending out some Positive Energy!!!!! Keep those PPR's moving Buffalo...We have loved ones to be with!!!! :)

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Tiggilicious said:
The email address is on ecas? My spouses doesn't show, just address
No, his home address has vanished. The issue we have is that both his email address and his mailing address changed when he moved here to wait out the application process as a visitor. I'm worried they didn't update our info and that any PPR we receive will be sent to an invalid email address