23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Thanks for the update bobshynoswife and congrats on receiving the PR Card!!

As per your timeline, I should receive the appointment letter this week. Another month to submit the pics and further one month wait for them to process it and mail it!

Depends how busy my local office (Toronto) is + delays due to the holiday season! Hopefully its over soon!!!

Did he have to go in person or there was an option of mailing it?

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
Thanks for replying bobshynoswife! 1 more thing, my husband came to visit me in June (June 20-October 12 was his flight dates) He came for our daughters birth. Immigration stamped his passport and gave him until October 30. He obviously stayed...but we applied for an extension. So far, we haven't heard back about it.

1)What happens if my husband's passport is sent to Trinidad and they deny him an extension?
2)How do we get to make an appointment with cic if he gets an extension and his passport without him having to go back to Barbados?

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
...I forgot...it doesn't specify if my husband should write his name, eye color, and height on the back of the photo or on a separate sheet of paper...can someone please help us out with this info!?
Thanks!!

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
Hey everyone!
Can anyone please help with the previous 2 questions asked about my husband may do...as for the passport info they request, we wrote it on the print out they say to send with the passport...
Thanks for your time!

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
Since it's been so long and no response...is everyone okay or is there no new info on anyone's file??

Unfortunately, I have no clue what Trinidad is doing!!! My husband sent his passport but is still waiting to know if he got accepted for a visitor's extension. There are delays in processing a visitor's application. His status is supposedly implied but Trinidad said he is illegal. We sent them the proof of sending an application for an extension...but we haven't heard anything from them as yet...obviously since they have his passport, he cannot leave Canada, or he would have gone back to Barbados...take his passport in personally to Trinidad's IMM. office and returned!!! His medical expires on January 27, 2011...and because of the lack of communication (baring in mind we've called their office numerous times for info on this with no luck) he may have to redo them...which we'd really like to avoid!!!! Anyone else struggling with their office!?

Hopefully someone can give advice or reply with an update of their file as well!!

jmni1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
I have an interview in Buffalo on Jan 31st which is driving me crazy because they took 2 1/2months to schedule it even though they know I am pregnant. At the time of the interview I will be 35 1/2weeks and I have to 6 hrs there and 7 hrs back from Ottawa. Makes me very frustrated that they do not care. Also I just hope I get the visa the same day so I can finally get health insurance. I wish you the best in your process.

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
jmni1 said:
I have an interview in Buffalo on Jan 31st which is driving me crazy because they took 2 1/2months to schedule it even though they know I am pregnant. At the time of the interview I will be 35 1/2weeks and I have to 6 hrs there and 7 hrs back from Ottawa. Makes me very frustrated that they do not care. Also I just hope I get the visa the same day so I can finally get health insurance. I wish you the best in your process.
Wow, I didn't think they would interview you so close to the end of your pregnancy. I feel for you. That's really too bad. Hopefully, after all that you get your wish, and they do stamp your passport and give you your visa...thanks for the best wishes! Still cannot contact anyone regarding my husband's file...and still no one has contacted us...we mean nothing to these people!!!
To success!! lol

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
jmni1 said:
Ridiculous :eek: ...though I must say I'm not surprised! NOTHING in this process has made any sense so far, or has been accommodating in any way! I hope you get your visa right there...you've been waiting long enough, and will have gone through enough to more than deserve it. Tell the IO I said that ;)

We on the other hand are still waiting with no word, but that's all we can do...wait! It will be 6 months since AOR on Feb 6 (the day after my bday)...the best gift for my 30th would be a PPR for my hubby....or at the VERY least an update...

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
anik1981 said:
Ridiculous :eek: ...though I must say I'm not surprised! NOTHING in this process has made any sense so far, or has been accommodating in any way! I hope you get your visa right there...you've been waiting long enough, and will have gone through enough to more than deserve it. Tell the IO I said that ;)

We on the other hand are still waiting with no word, but that's all we can do...wait! It will be 6 months since AOR on Feb 6 (the day after my bday)...the best gift for my 30th would be a PPR for my hubby....or at the VERY least an update...
Thanks for replying! :)
Well here's my crappy update...checked my hubby's email...the stupid office took 2 weeks to contact us with this news!!! ARRRRR!!! So they said he must send an express package with a different courier company since we originally sent it with Purolator and there is no Purolator in Trinidad! So we've arranged for FedEx to pick up his passport to have it resent to us. On top of that his medical expires next Thursday and he'll have to re-due them since his request for an extension is showing they're only on application received on September 14 ( ours was received on Sept. 23) and Trinidad considers him Illegal until he has proof of being given an extension...

If he leaves, he still needs to wait to get his passport (which will most probably not arrive b4 his medical expires next week!) Thus, spending even more money to travel and redo his medicals...Hoping he will get the extension immediately...that would save us the hassle...that way he could resend his passport without leaving, but unfortunately, he'll still have to redo the meds!!! This immigration process and waiting game really sucks! Plus, I think they've changed the applications...so anyone applying now has even more of a hassle!!!

I'm glad you will experience the joys of being a mother!! It's so wonderful! I have a 7.5 year old son and a (newborn) 4 months and 1 week old daughter!!! They + hubby give me happiness...if it wasn't for them, this immigration thing would probably make me crazy!

Be strong and bless you and your family!

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
Looking for inspirational updates from my May 2010 peeps....anyone? Nothing here ::)

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
Well I woke up at 6am to a DM change in e-cas, and by 2:30pm my hubby had a PPR in his Gmail. I had him rush to get his hair cut, and his pictures taken so we could mail everything out tomorrow. $33 worth of Black's pictures later, I got paranoid, and decided to measure the face...not up to specs. He has to go back for a redo tomorrow. BOOOO! At least we're out of the woods for now!...FINALLY!!! I am still in shock. I was not expecting things to be this smooth...long, but smooth. I wish you all a quick DM, or an end in sight for your "drag on" cases *cough* Dralon *cough*...

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
anik1981 said:
Well I woke up at 6am to a DM change in e-cas, and by 2:30pm my hubby had a PPR in his Gmail. I had him rush to get his hair cut, and his pictures taken so we could mail everything out tomorrow. $33 worth of Black's pictures later, I got paranoid, and decided to measure the face...not up to specs. He has to go back for a redo tomorrow. BOOOO! At least we're out of the woods for now!...FINALLY!!! I am still in shock. I was not expecting things to be this smooth...long, but smooth. I wish you all a quick DM, or an end in sight for your "drag on" cases *cough* Dralon *cough*...
Awesome news!!!

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010, Feb 2011
Hello everyone!! I'm new to this forum, I was wondering if anyone knows why Immigration ask for a second set of prints to be sent to RCMP, my husband did this before he went back home to Argentina, back in the beginning of 2010 and they ask for a new one to be submitted in December 2010, what this means??
I have to add that my husband never had anything to do with the police neither here in Canada or Argentina.

We met in 2006
got married in 2009
applied in March 2010
Sponsor approved in April 2010
Started processing application in Buenos Aires May 2010
Medical Results have been received.

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
Well my hubby landed on Friday! We kinda "flagpoled"...he's an American Citizen, so the border guard couldn't deny him entry. We had to voluntarily turn back, and explain this to the CBSA agent. No problems at the CDN border, except it's under construction...he landed in a construction trailer, with a lady causing a ruckus over her cake that had been taken for "testing"!!!...she got it back before we were done lol In less than 10 minutes, we were done, and on our way with HUGE smiles on our faces! He is going for his SIN on Monday, and his driver's license at some point this month. Oh and e-cas changed today to "Complete"..."You entered Canada at the Cornwall office on March 4, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident." It was consistently updated for us throughout the process. Now to wait for the PR card so we can visit his family!! We were warned that the COPR carbon copy is NOT a valid travel document...interesting!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
anik1981 said:
Well my hubby landed on Friday! We kinda "flagpoled"...he's an American Citizen, so the border guard couldn't deny him entry. We had to voluntarily turn back, and explain this to the CBSA agent. No problems at the CDN border, except it's under construction...he landed in a construction trailer, with a lady causing a ruckus over her cake that had been taken for "testing"!!!...she got it back before we were done lol In less than 10 minutes, we were done, and on our way with HUGE smiles on our faces! He is going for his SIN on Monday, and his driver's license at some point this month. Oh and e-cas changed today to "Complete"..."You entered Canada at the Cornwall office on March 4, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident." It was consistently updated for us throughout the process. Now to wait for the PR card so we can visit his family!! We were warned that the COPR carbon copy is NOT a valid travel document...interesting!
Congratulations!! Please pass on my Welcome to Canada!! to your husband!